Dow 2006

call me an optimist or a scare monger but I wonder if we get a major point day enough to suspend the index

I think its 5%

mark twain uk said:
FC,

I've read mixed reviews about the book, did you find it interesting? Is it worth £30?

it is a great book on curvefitting...

he comes up with strats based on trade size samples of 30 trades over 20 years..

ie, some of it is bowlarks..

however, he does have some interesting theories, based on fundamentals.. ie trading equities based on the activities of bonds and gold...this is the interesting side of things, in addition to his seasonal aspects,

but please keep clear of his "trading day of week" filter.... ie only taking longs on monday, or shorts or wednesday...

if you read the stock market almanac, you will see that fridays used to be the most bullish day for 50+ years or so, and then only recently have mondays been the best day to be long etc..

LW only uses data since monday's became the best day etc..

in other words, treat his tradestation reports with extreme caution..

there are a lot of gems in there..

plus, you can also find a free copy online.. the is one on the rapidshare.de site somewhere, but i cant remember the link.

strategybuilderfx.com might have the link somewhere.. look for "volatility breakout" to find the link.

FC

dc2000 said:
call me an optimist or a scare monger but I wonder if we get a major point day enough to suspend the index

I think its 5%

That's spooky. I was having this conversation last night. I'm sure trading curbs go in at down 2.5% or even a 10 min suspension.

No I was some way off.

"Curbs in" on programme trading, instituted by NYSE occurs whenever the NYSE Composite Index moves 150 points higher or lower.

If the DJIA falls 10% trading is halted for 60 minutes.

We'll need more than duff results from C, MOT and GE for that.

Just a thought about trailing stops as per above. Finspreads don't seem to do one. Does anyone know if one of the other SBs do one ?????

Yeh, Frugi, you should be shocked!

That is a **** trade for you!

And you know it?

solentsurfer said:
Didn't know if any of them did, IG don't (I don't think anyway) Just have to move it yourself.

Thx
Anyone for a long for over the weekend bounce ???

Yeah, a poor trade indeed. Rationale was the 1:1 but I wasn't comfortable with it, hence the small size. Guess I misjudged the weight of the knife eh.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 185
20 pt stop?

Don't fool me Fruges.....

I'll check up on the time!

Futures........yeh!

ES is showing a rare pattern though which is bullish......

Oh and speaking of Larry williams he likes to buy a low close the logic saying we've run out off sellers...

Attachments

• Egg.jpg
    Egg.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 209
? :rolleyes: (at Rudeboy).

I use 4-10 point stops during the day, but sometimes allow larger ones with fewer lots for overnights with bigger targets.

Which part of my being stopped out at 693 do you find unlikely? :)

Bez,

Egg of columbus tongue? Are my eyes deceiving me? That't the best name for a pattern I've heard yet. Excellent. :cheesy:

NEW YORK (AFX) -- Nearly 80% of S&P 500 companies have either met or beat
analysts' average expectations in the most recent quarter, according to a report
Friday by Whispernumber.com. The research firm said 60% have beaten analysts'
estimates, 19% have met and 21% fell short of estimates.
=======================================
:!: :!: :!:

frugi said:
Egg of columbus tongue? Are my eyes deceiving me? That't the best name for a pattern I've heard yet. Excellent. :cheesy:

Its from :
George Bayer's 1942 Egg of columbus / The Hidden Movements in Stocks & Commodities Markets.

:) ;)