Double your money the easy way

Was confused by the longs really given the current sentiment. Trying to catch corrections maybe.

Was confused by the longs really given the current sentiment. Trying to catch corrections maybe.

Yes, very dangerous being long in a bear market.

"Obviously the thing to do was to be bullish in a bull market and bearish in a bear market." (Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, Edwin Lefevre)

DC, you comfortable with your positions then ?

Just looking again at that post you laughed at and wondering whether the elements hold substance -

1. 'Getting the direction wrong'................did you ?
2. 'Wide stops'...............have you ?
3. 'Hoping the market rebounds'..............are you ?

Are you still in profit at present ?

Good luck

This doesnt really make sense. Surely it will be giving you exits even if they are for losses, or are you hoping on it retracing back for profit. I honestly think it will rally towards the end of the year, but i wouldn't put my money on it.

DC, you comfortable with your positions then ?

Just looking again at that post you laughed at and wondering whether the elements hold substance -

1. 'Getting the direction wrong'................did you ?
2. 'Wide stops'...............have you ?
3. 'Hoping the market rebounds'..............are you ?

Are you still in profit at present ?

Good luck

Hi
comfortable yes
still in profit yes easy
two things that were funny, firstly last week made $15k on this account and had a few nice posts from friends on the board this week down $10k and suddenly lots of opinions, the secondly the "typical newbie sh;t" thats the point of the thread what would be the point of getting on at the bottom and off at the top

take a look at targets posted here and on FTSE thread

1. 'Getting the direction wrong'................ask me again Thursday
2. 'Wide stops'...............always
3. 'Hoping the market rebounds'..............hope has nothing to do with it

This doesnt really make sense. Surely it will be giving you exits even if they are for losses, or are you hoping on it retracing back for profit. I honestly think it will rally towards the end of the year, but i wouldn't put my money on it.

the market gave 2 exits Friday and Monday after printing 10949 price Friday

Fear is by far the greatest problem a trader needs to overcome

End of year I want upper target before next Monday

Hi
comfortable yes
still in profit yes easy
two things that were funny, firstly last week made $15k on this account and had a few nice posts from friends on the board this week down $10k and suddenly lots of opinions, the secondly the "typical newbie sh;t" thats the point of the thread what would be the point of getting on at the bottom and off at the top

take a look at targets posted here and on FTSE thread

1. 'Getting the direction wrong'................ask me again Thursday
2. 'Wide stops'...............always
3. 'Hoping the market rebounds'..............hope has nothing to do with it

I must say over the last few weeks you have made some really good calls, and I was thinking you're good at reading this market. However, I have now lost that faith, as I don't see responsible trading as a method where you have no risk management. On 3, you're correct it has nothing to do with "hope", it has everything to do with "probabilities", and those are probably about 50:50 as to whether your target gets hit by next monday, or whether your account gets a margin call as the dow heads below 10,000!

End of week four

current state of play $31824.24 profit so £20.6k

with open trades on DOW at -$2800

I dont' think dc is concerned too much with a margin call on his account...

Myself, I've managed to triple my small account by following this thread.
Unfortunately, my nerves got better of me yesterday and I closed for a big loss. My account is still doubled though.

I must say over the last few weeks you have made some really good calls, and I was thinking you're good at reading this market. However, I have now lost that faith, as I don't see responsible trading as a method where you have no risk management. On 3, you're correct it has nothing to do with "hope", it has everything to do with "probabilities", and those are probably about 50:50 as to whether your target gets hit by next monday, or whether your account gets a margin call as the dow heads below 10,000!

Faith is not something that's lost with two days of market actions. It is end result that matters not how we got there.

still looking for 11178 11304 and upwards but looking for a reload before NFP tomorrow

gk, i think he means he has placed a buy order to kick in @ 10902 should price reach that point.

yeah thanks, thought so, quite a way down. i dont trade this but am watching with interest

Hi DC - enjoying the thread, i understand you quote the cash price but i cant find anything near 10902 ? Assume this is a limit order.

My cmc chart is 11027 and futures i have at 10959 or so

hi yes that is a limit order

kicking myself a little as I was supposed to put one to trigger a buy if price of 081 reached but was being hurried by the missus to get ready to go out

maybe I'll get a good price in the dance in the morning not quite as good as I had hoped for

Do you see FTSE back at 6000 by the end of the year DC?

I have a target just over 5700 for October but then a target to the low side which should come with a drop in volatility

So what we are likely to see is the past two weeks prices played over a couple of months, it will get close