Doomberg's Journal - Ticking Along Nicely

Hey pb you won't find any links as its a friend of a friends idea, i haven't been trading AKZ much this week as its too trendy and its not as suitable for this... basically Aktionszone just means Action Zone and you are taking advantage of when the price shoots in one direction and then returns to the open price at some point in the day, the most important part of this is knowing when to trade it and when not too as its only good to trade in certain conditions. Still though the biggest part of my trading is breakouts, and makes over 90% of my trades... i even trade tiny breakouts which some would not even class as a breakout for as little as 5 points

Interesting, thanks, I guess in that case you are looking for price to approach a pivot / S/R area for entry using the open/close as the target right ?

WRT breakouts, do you use a particular range (eg. last hour range) or are you looking at S/R ?

Many thanks :)

Hey pb been dying of a hangover all day, but yeah the AKZ trading is basically shorting or longing when the price has moved a certain way from open early on in the day but it needs to be perfect conditions. And the breakouts are not always typical ones, often its a low a higher low and then when the price breaks the previous high, takes a while to get an eye for them but they are a certainly good addition to your trading tool kit

Nice start to the week... finished trading for today on +107.5 - gonna go and sunbathe now (y)

Trades for today, Dax unless i state otherwise:

+7
+8
+23.5
+10
+1.3
+21.3
+2
Dow

Last trade was at 2:30 uk time

EDIT: Just done 2 more trades.

+10
-1.5 Didn't like this one so closed.

EDIT take 2 lol:

One more +27 Dow
Look on next page for a screen shot of the trade.

Last edited:
No **** Sherlock

My aim really is to hit +10 a day consistently every day for about 2 years and if all is well move on to trading futures
My main market is Dax and Dax is minimum of €25 a point.. so 10-30 points consistently would be good

Anything above +10 a day is a bonus to me :)

Ok did one last trade today +27

Was finished but this one looked rather tasty, i took a pic mid trade.. the line was around my entry point

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-08 at 19.45.48.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-08 at 19.45.48.png
    296 KB · Views: 199
Ok terrible day yesterday, lost some and then tried to win back with the 2nd position, finished up on -197.4

+3

The issue yesterday was mainly the volatility, because of this my stops were much bigger than usual of 30-50... The 1st trade was ok but even on the charts 1cm of the screen was 100 points where it would normally be 20 points because the market was to volatile, the 1st trade was a short and was stopped out in minutes which is crazy for a trade with an 80 point stop, the 2nd was a short again thinking that it had to come down and in doing so i'd regain my lost 80 points.... The win was going my way then changed so closed with a small positive. the final -50 seemed like a good trade but again was stopped in seconds.

What i learned:

Insane price moves where it can ripsaw up 200 points and then down in 10 minutes are not good trading conditions for the way i trade, i like to trade in a slow and steady market taking 10-30 points in a trade. I'm watching the market today but i'm not going to trade unless conditions are perfect.

Hi Doomberg, do you have records of past trades/demo in order to work out whether your method has a positive expectancy (only possible if you trade the same way each time)?

Hi Doomberg, do you have records of past trades/demo in order to work out whether your method has a positive expectancy (only possible if you trade the same way each time)?

Hi its not something that i would say has 'a life expectancy' as its basically breakouts i trade but there are many different forms, some tiny, some breakovers, some breakunders etc... either way you are simply waiting for the market to establish a new trend whether its for the next 3 minutes or hour... thats the majority of the trades i do, today i am being careful as to trade this method i'd be needing stops at least 3 times as big. Volatility indicators such as Vdax:

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/DE/index.aspx?pageID=82&ISIN=DE000A0DMX99

Are showing that today is extremely volatile so i am being very careful, i'm not really happy about putting stops of over tbh 100 however here's one that i would of normally took today if conditions were not so fierce and would of been about a 50 stop. While conditions are like this i am moving my account, from Capital Spreads back to IG Markets... i'm not happy with the way the CS platform freezes when there is news or unusual market conditions so i'll feel a bit safer back with IG.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 10.30.41.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 10.30.41.png
    244 KB · Views: 168
Hi its not something that i would say has 'a life expectancy' as its basically breakouts i trade but there are many different forms, some tiny, some breakovers, some breakunders etc... either way you are simply waiting for the market to establish a new trend whether its for the next 3 minutes or hour... thats the majority of the trades i do, today i am being careful as to trade this method i'd be needing stops at least 3 times as big. Volatility indicators such as Vdax:

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/DE/index.aspx?pageID=82&ISIN=DE000A0DMX99

Are showing that today is extremely volatile so i am being very careful, i'm not really happy about putting stops of over tbh 100 however here's one that i would of normally took today if conditions were not so fierce and would of been about a 50 stop. While conditions are like this i am moving my account, from Capital Spreads back to IG Markets... i'm not happy with the way the CS platform freezes when there is news or unusual market conditions so i'll feel a bit safer back with IG.

I think we may be talking about 2 different things. Here's what I mean by expectancy:

http://www.tradingwithmoneymanagement.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=59

Couldn't you reduce your trade size for larger stops/increased volatility?

Hi pb, yes i suppose you can trade with much wider stops in these conditions and smaller positions if need be but its still not ideal because the signals are not quite as valid, yesterday my stops were all over 100 but i closed them out early but was right too as i didn't want to lose too much... i much prefer to trade the markets when its calmer

Ok still waiting for the transfer to be completed from Capital Spreads to IG Markets... started the withdraw yesterday so hope it will all be complete in the next day or two, i've been trading a bit on my demo account as i wait till its all sorted and am up yesterday and today but there is no need in me documenting demo trades... will be back to action as soon as i can, i can't wait to get back over to IG... i'm sick and tired of frozen platform in busy times and recalls, also Capital Spreads is built in Flash and when my flash goes down i have to completely restart my computer, it could be tragic if this happened mid-trade and it went against you.. CS is a good firm, but not as good as IG... i don't think any of them are

Happy trading guys

Hi pb, yes i suppose you can trade with much wider stops in these conditions and smaller positions if need be but its still not ideal because the signals are not quite as valid, yesterday my stops were all over 100 but i closed them out early but was right too as i didn't want to lose too much... i much prefer to trade the markets when its calmer

Today was calmer, but there will not be as many calm days as there are volatile days coming in the next several years..........During the Great Depression there were some very large swing days and i expect that the upcoming days will be no different............. If you want calm days brother, then you will have to wait 4 or 5 years.............

Good trading,
JahDave