DogeCoin

Yes, I agree, this cryptocurrency started just like some comedy or something, nothing more than that. After that it's worth some money, and now it's also at the top of cryptocurrency. It's called the change coin.

If you think about it - this method works.
Examples:
1. Guy ran for mayor simply because they needed another candidate to make the election happen. He didn`t spend a dime on advertising. And his whole election campaign and slogan was "Please, don`t vote for me." Sure enough - he won.
2. The pet rock craze. - Someone came up with the idea to package and sell smooth river rocks as pets. It took off.
3. Fidget spinners, anyone?
4. Cards against humanity's events and island - they got an excavator to dig a hole on live stream. As long as the donations kept comming in - it would keep digging. They also bought an island and let select members of their community visit it for free.
5. Did you know you can order an eggplant online and have it shipped to an address of your choice... with ETH!
6. The town that has a dog for mayor... and it got re-elected!

Goofy stuff, made purely for the sh*ts and giggles. It seems to work. So, why not?
I like the doggo. Much wow. Very doge. To the moon.
P.S - I should buy some DOGE... just in case.

All those examples are great, but don't forget CFTC and SEC do not have a sense of humor and the government have unlimited resources to trough against $hitcoins...
If I am involved in any of those, I would start to shop for lawyers ASAP and reach out the the government looking for preemptive deal/written guarantee that whatever we agree to pay in fines will be enough and I will not be sued at a later date...

Luckily for me I live in the EU. So, the CFTC and SEC are not an issue. Have to wait and see what will the EU's commissions will come up with in terms of regulations. Also, what my current country of residence will do. However, until then - my crypto experience (trading) is more of an experiment and "fun test" rather than a way to earn a living.

Luckily for me I live in the EU. So, the CFTC and SEC are not an issue. Have to wait and see what will the EU's commissions will come up with in terms of regulations. Also, what my current country of residence will do. However, until then - my crypto experience (trading) is more of an experiment and "fun test" rather than a way to earn a living.

Unfortunately it doen't work that way... US already subpoenaed all major exchanges across the world... EU commissions will be another problem on top on CFTC and SEC for them...

Unfortunately it doen't work that way... US already subpoenaed all major exchanges across the world... EU commissions will be another problem on top on CFTC and SEC for them...

Could you explain why would that be of concern to traders outside of the USA?
As long as I am not trading on a US based exchange and am paying my taxes on the trade profits, why should I care?

As long as I am not trading on a US based exchange and am paying my taxes on the trade profits, why should I care?

Because USA has a long arm and will close any exchange that they find manipulating prices and CFTC now is essentially regulating bitcoin as a commodity as per US federal judges. SEC also wants to regulate :)

They will arrest and extradite people to the US... Many examples like the poor sod trading from his mom's bedroom in London and blamed for the flash crash.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...trader-navinder-sarao-pleads-guilty-in-us-to/

This is no joke and ignorance of the law is not a defense and being non US citizen is even worst in those cases, because the US constitution is not there to help you...

The concern is that the US government can shutdown any exchange around the world with no warnings and this will most likely result in all customers basically lose their money on that exchange...

The concern is that the US government can shutdown any exchange around the world with no warnings and this will most likely result in all customers basically lose their money on that exchange...

OK, so fill me in. Exactly how does the US shut down exchanges all over the world, out of their jurisdiction?

Peter

OK, so fill me in. Exactly how does the US shut down exchanges all over the world, out of their jurisdiction?

Peter

Presty easy if they deem them to manipulate the markets and / or other illegal activities... recent example that comes to mind was Bitconnect in the UK, it was closed based on two state orders ( not even a federal judge) ...

Dogecoin is my market hype indicator. When this is at all time highs it's time to worry. I'm glad to see it near its previous lows.

If you think about it - this method works.
Examples:
1. Guy ran for mayor simply because they needed another candidate to make the election happen. He didn`t spend a dime on advertising. And his whole election campaign and slogan was "Please, don`t vote for me." Sure enough - he won.
2. The pet rock craze. - Someone came up with the idea to package and sell smooth river rocks as pets. It took off.
3. Fidget spinners, anyone?
4. Cards against humanity's events and island - they got an excavator to dig a hole on live stream. As long as the donations kept comming in - it would keep digging. They also bought an island and let select members of their community visit it for free.
5. Did you know you can order an eggplant online and have it shipped to an address of your choice... with ETH!
6. The town that has a dog for mayor... and it got re-elected!

Goofy stuff, made purely for the sh*ts and giggles. It seems to work. So, why not?
I like the doggo. Much wow. Very doge. To the moon.
P.S - I should buy some DOGE... just in case.

I guess it's nice idea. Soon we will see the progress. Doge have to cost at least 1$ in 2019 :)

The long arm of regulation is reaching out everywhere......ESMA just kyboshed the leverage requirements on most things and hammed crypto at 1:1 for legit brokers

So it’s use dodgy broker ltd. offshoreville or forget it now for European traders

N