Does such thing like "Trading for a living" exist?

I think it's massively unlikely that most people could trade just 2 hours a day. I don't mean looking at the screen for 2 hours, I mean the sum total of all the hours that go into trading - including everything, accounts, brokers, coffee breaks, T2W posts :)

I'm not suggesting you must work long hours. I said 8 hours. A normal working day for anyone in any job.

You could definitely make it work part-time, but minimum 4 hours a day. But 2 hours? That can't be enough unless you're just operating the order entry for a mechanical system that needs no further tweaking. You'd just lose the plot of what's going on eventually if you're not putting in enough hours.

I think it's massively unlikely that most people could trade just 2 hours a day. I don't mean looking at the screen for 2 hours, I mean the sum total of all the hours that go into trading - including everything, accounts, brokers, coffee breaks, T2W posts :)

I'm not suggesting you must work long hours. I said 8 hours. A normal working day for anyone in any job.

You could definitely make it work part-time, but minimum 4 hours a day. But 2 hours? That can't be enough unless you're just operating the order entry for a mechanical system that needs no further tweaking. You'd just lose the plot of what's going on eventually if you're not putting in enough hours.

I am not here to argue. If you feel the need to trade all day long then so be it.
I turn on my computer at 7:30 am Which in my time zone is when the us stock market opens up. I spend the first 15 minutes drawing horizontal trend lines. I then will trade until about 10:00 am. I make anywhere from 5-10 trades during that time and then I turn off my computor. Once you learn how to be disciplined it really is not that hard, especially in the current volatile market that we have. the emini's have been making huge swings through out the day and all you need is to catch a few of them. I dont really look at long term charts or watch the news when I trade. I glance at the calendar to see when important announcements are being made like the fomc meetings. I do not trade 10 minutes before or 10 minutes after those meetings.
I think that people make this simple game into something very difficult. I know that I did for way to long.

Permission to remain skeptical, Captain?! I take your final point though.

actually you can make a few hundred ticks on the open and go home at 815am

Last edited:
actually you can make 100 ticks on the open and go home at 815am

or you could clip 1000 bund - make 100 ticks -stick the mill in the bank and live off the passive income of a mere 40k a year and never even have to " work " at all...!! :p

(might get bored by lunchtime tho)