Does it really take 10000 hours to learn to trade?

In answer to the original question in this thread - 'does it take 10,000 hours to learn how to trade' - if it does take someone that long they probably won't ever find out as they'd likely be sacked well before they'd accumulated 10,000 hours of not being able to trade.

Bingo!

The issue isn't the number of hours a retailer has, it's the amount of misinformation out there.

Given that most of the information about trading given to retailers is nonsense, it's hardly a shock they never learn.

Bingo!

The issue isn't the number of hours a retailer has, it's the amount of misinformation out there.

Given that most of the information about trading given to retailers is nonsense, it's hardly a shock they never learn.

People will believe what they want to believe, its easier that way. I just wish they were so gullable in other walks of life, there again most of them are . I have been threatened with a a ban from this and other sites for expressing my doubts in a clear manner however each has a right to his or her views. The problem is that trading is not about views , it is about cold facts.
The more times a support or resistance level is hit then the STRONGER that level becomes.:idea:
There is a "School" that teaches this as one of its core principles in Fx trading.

Last edited:
The more times a support or resistance level is hit then the STRONGER that level becomes.:idea:
er, not sure id agree with that,its true,but its also true,the longer it goes the more likely it is to break. Particularly what matters is how it approaches the level

er, not sure id agree with that,its true,but its also true,the longer it goes the more likely it is to break. Particularly what matters is how it approaches the level

The only truth about S/R levels...

The more it gets hit, the more stops there are the other side of it. :p

Why dont you ALL come on a mornings training session. That way you can see what we are teaching, satisfy yourselves that most trainees are not paying, they are being taught to trade at Futex expense, then you can speak to long term Futex traders on the floor.

Can I say fairer than that ?

Oh sugar what have I agreed to ..LOL

I will start a file to get this organized

Why dont you ALL come on a mornings training session. That way you can see what we are teaching, satisfy yourselves that most trainees are not paying, they are being taught to trade at Futex expense, then you can speak to long term Futex traders on the floor.

A nice offer to all on t2win The only drawback with that is that im afraid it will still leave unanswered questions. What would the session consist of? Would we be able to see your trainer trade live and demonstrate what has been taught.Theres little point in us attending training if its the day when your covering moving averages etc
Thanks

fair play to you that is a great offer.

Hi , yes we can make sure you come on a morning where what u r interested in is what is covered. I think you should consider this as more of an open morning, where you can meet the traders, trainers, directors, etc. It will be difficult to cover evryones wishes, but I will make sure a senior trader does a Q and A session.

A nice offer to all on t2win The only drawback with that is that im afraid it will still leave unanswered questions. What would the session consist of? Would we be able to see your trainer trade live and demonstrate what has been taught.Theres little point in us attending training if its the day when your covering moving averages etc
Thanks

I seriously doubt they're going to spend an entire morning covering 'moving averages'.
If you've not been to a trading arcade before then why not go along and ask them your questions in person - I wouldn't expect them to be too much different to the likes of Schneider, Kyte, Marex etc...

You seem doubtful that the senior guys at a place like that can trade - they wouldn't have survived if they couldn't. Most of the guys who've been around for a while at these sorts of places tend to do rather well out of it (or at least they did a few years ago).

if most of you idiots knew what you were talking about you would have a job at futex not sitting here trying to critique them.

im sure we will find out when someone goes down to check they are up to the t2w standard.

everyone down there is gona think who ever it is is a absolute idiot haha