Does Anyone Know Anything About This Book "MASTER TRADER"

CarpeUK

Hi all,

Has anyone come across or know anything about this book "MASTER TRADER" written by Jens Clever

http://www.daytradingcoach.com/daytrading-ebook.htm

I have come across this site a few times and the outline to the book looks good (ok me being a newbie i maybe a little naive) but thats why i would like to find out if anyone knows anything about it or even has it.

Thanks
CarpeUK

all books are written by people looking to earn their money from selling a book - so they are writers and not traders - how much more do you need to know!

stevet said:
all books are written by people looking to earn their money from selling a book - so they are writers and not traders - how much more do you need to know!

Short and sweet answer. What I was looking for is anyone who has read or got this book. I am sure there are traders out there that have written some fine books but form your reply I can take it you don't think so. Sorry but I am only trying to be optimistic, don't believe everyone out there is that bad only trying to make a living like the rest of us.....Who knows.

Anyway if anyone has read or know anything about this book or the author please let me know as I would be interested in you thoughts.

Carpe....Stevet & others are merely attempting to divert your attention away from the 'grail' stuff & encourage your time/effort towards developing your own research/study. If there was a "priceless" item of info out there or a short cut to the hard work, you'd know about it!!..... :)

It's a short (about 100 pages of ebook iwhich I would imagine amounts to half that) readable book covering most aspects of trading and from what I remember I didn't pay more than about 25-30 dollars for it. Now it seems you get many additional freebies! At $89 it seems expensive. Yet again it depends what you are looking to learn. If it's the only book you'll ever read on trading it may be sufficient. At the end of the day trading is mostly experience. You don't need to know much and you can get all the info in these boards. If you want to know another trader's approach to trading - and I have no reason to think that he is not what he claims to be - read it! ...and let me know what the freebies are like. As a matter of interest, what other books have you read?

stevet said:
I disagree with you completely. All books do not and can not fall under this category. I will concede that there are people who write books who not only are not traders and write books about that which they know very little about. On the other hand there are some excellent books written by traders or on behalf of traders that are true masterpeices of their genre. The curious anomaly is that no matter how or to what extent the topic may be explained and although it may superficially be understood and to a certain level accepted, the majority of the public is unable to enact what is required. This is because the majority of aspirants disable themselves as a consequence of their own inabilities. This is in large measure not their fault but as a consequence of their own life experiences, upbringing and background, as all these factors are formative.

nicos said:
It's a short (about 100 pages of ebook iwhich I would imagine amounts to half that) readable book covering most aspects of trading and from what I remember I didn't pay more than about 25-30 dollars for it. Now it seems you get many additional freebies! At $89 it seems expensive. Yet again it depends what you are looking to learn. If it's the only book you'll ever read on trading it may be sufficient. At the end of the day trading is mostly experience. You don't need to know much and you can get all the info in these boards. If you want to know another trader's approach to trading - and I have no reason to think that he is not what he claims to be - read it! ...and let me know what the freebies are like. As a matter of interest, what other books have you read?

Sorry I did not mean to come across as rude to Stevet but as I am very new to this and have been spending many ours researching strategies and possible books to read I am getting the feeling that most people who sell ebooks are just after a quick buck as they say. Stevet maybe right so any info from you guys on this board is accepted.

I have not read any books as yet as I am still looking for ones that will help me as I am a beginner. I have come across a few basic strategies that I think I will try paper trading on, as I am at work at the moment I will post the strategy later and would like peoples feedback as to what they think.

If you can recommend any good books for beginners please let me know.

Thanks
CarpeUK

SOCRATES

i am right and the reason that you do not see that is due to your own life experiences, upbringing and background, as all these factors are formative

and the reason that others are not able to trade succesfully after reading the books is because the books dont tell them how to

but more devasting is the fact that the writers were moved to write the book for both commercial gain, but also as a consequence of their own own life experiences, upbringing and background, the negative aspects of which the reader of the book is endanger of acqiring when they try to trade after having read the book

You are absolutely right to view this from your viewpoint. But your viewpoint is not mine. Therefore you can be assured that I am not writing any books so as not to contaminate you with conflicting ideas, that may cause you distress. OH, and by the way, I am not recommending any books for you to read either, as I am responsible for my ideas, and not everybody elses.

stevet

Many great men and women in all fields of human endeavour - politics, sport, business or whatever - have written books about their experience. You can't be suggesting that none of them were any good at what they did because they have chosen to write a book, nor that there is no valid learning to be gained from what they have to say?

jon

Stevet, I have read your post again, this time with more care. Again you are absolutely right about the inabilities of the crowd, but you see, that is their fault, not mine. I promise you I have tried very hard, but finally come to the conclusion progress can never be made with individuals who cannot learn and will not be taught and what is worse, go off and do the opposite of what it is they ought to be doing against al the recorded experience of all those who have gone before us, only to turn round and blame absolutely everything and everybody except themselves. If it were not so tragic it would be funny. But it is very annoying indeed, particularly in the light that their peers, who are honourable, decent, hardworking, self respecting, disciplined, patient, achieve the opposite and remain very quiet, and actually pretend they are failures as well in order not to be pestered. Several are T2W members, they watch all these arguments with dismay but never comment publicly. I am overwhelmed with PM traffic from them. This is why I am not writing any books, therefore everyone loses.

have you lot given up all hope on humanity? (dont bother answering that socratese, because you have already proven yourself to be a false prophet)

sure, there are some books which make us all wonder how they got to the publisher, a lot of these books probably are written by failed traders as stevet says. but consider this. how much money is really made from writting trading books. hardly a vast audience is there? publishers get most of the $40, not the author anyway.

those of us who really do trade, know what a lonely occupation it can be. sometimes, people want to give something back to the world - for the feeling of self worth, for the feeling that they have given back to the world - after a successful career of take take take, for the feeling that they have left something behind when they leave this world.

there are only 2 reasons that make any of us do anything in this world - the need for power or recoginition - sometimes both. they both feed the ego - something that socrates for example is very concience of. sometimes these needs are explicit, sometimes implicit. writting a book is just a valid way of obtaining that recognition for your self perceived skills - as posting on a bb is.

remember this - this bb is full of opposing views on how to trade. it is known that any method is personal to the trader. a book is just 1 persons ideas and methods relevant to themselves. of course there will be few who agree with the book - who also trade successfully - because they will have a unique view of the market that fits their unique identity.

barjon said:
stevet

Many great men and women in all fields of human endeavour - politics, sport, business or whatever - have written books about their experience. You can't be suggesting that none of them were any good at what they did because they have chosen to write a book, nor that there is no valid learning to be gained from what they have to say?

jon
You are right too, Barjon, but the dilemma is that whereas the readers may benefit they cannot graft on to themselves achievement. In the world of trading when faced with a mission that they are not fit to undertake, let alone complete, they get nasty. This is because their love of money or their perceived love of money which they use a driving force corrupts them. If you were to tell them that a love of money is the wrong fuel to drive the engine of determination in this topic, they begin to argue with you ad nauseam. Curiously those who are wise enough to abandon a love of money for its own sake and pursue a love of being right, are the ones who succeed. Ironic, is it not ?

people, in general, buy trading books for one reason - to find out how to make money trading - but not in generalities - they want specifics - or at least after reading a number of books - they will learn that generalities only make money for the writer of the trading book, by you buying his book - but not for the people who buy the books to learn how to trade

so even if you found a trading book written by a real trader, it does not give you the one, two three of making money in the markets - since in general - that does not exist

there are some of course who may buy a trading related book and get off on quoting from the book, or discussing the merits of the book with other learners - and they of couse did get value from the book - but my comments are addressed to those who want to make money from trading - not get off on being associated with trading

All

I think most experienced traders seem to forget, when starting out like myself I am looking for basic strategies, does not have to make me thousands a day maybe not even hundreds but just a little to get started, once you have mastered the basics then move on to more complex and more experience strategies.
From what I can see a lot of experienced traders have forgotten, what they may class as basic, a newbie like myself may find a little more difficult so any trading books that give basic strategies and understanding is a start, then the individual can improve on this as the experience grows

I know im new to all this but the posts I have read I accept as at this time I do not have enough knowledge to disagree but I do have an opinion.

From what I can understand of your post and others as well you are says books are not that good to learn form, OK if that is the case then how can I learn? Are you willing to teach me? Let me assure you I am willing to learn, be taught and I do not give up at the first sign of trouble.
I think the whole post has been taken out of context, all I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this book and if not suggestions on any good ones to read to get me started.

I am just wondering how many people on this forum started out as I am, trying to learn a new skill/trade by reading and gaining knowledge. Granted the books may not tell you how to do everything and may not give you everything YOU think you should know but I think people should stop and think a moment. Before commenting on another author, Could you do better?

Anyone who has posted here saying books do not give you everything you need etc WHY not create a book unlike any other that gives you what you need (in your opinion that is) that is all the books are one persons opinion of how to do whatever, BUT remember what you may class as basic a newbie may not

CHALLENGE
------------------
I am a newbie, I know Jack squat about trading, ok I know a little more then I did a few weeks ago and that isn’t much let me tell you.

Anyone who thinks they can create a how to guide on trading for newbie’s, any kind of trading swing, day, SB etc that they think is better then most books they have read please do it. The strategy will need to turn a profit over the course of either 2/4 weeks or days depending on the trading strategy.

Do you think you can create an Idiot guide/How to or Book for newbie’s?...Let see who can

CarpeUK was asking a specific question. So far, no one has been able to give him a specific answer. If you want to buy a book then don't be put off. I have bought dozens of trading books over the years. Would I rather have the knowledge and insights gained from reading them or my money back? Without question, I'd rather have my money back. Didn't really find how to trade from books (and I'm a book person).

Here's what I learned from books and more precisely, from actual trading.

Every trade on entry is 50/50. Let the market tell you if you are right or wrong. If wrong, let your stop loss stop you out. If right let your profit run and have a trailing profit stop. That's it. That's all you need to know. Two lines to tell you what a book may or may not. Oh yes, invest in a comfortable chair.

Last edited: