Does anyone here remember **FTS** from the 90's

nkruger

Established member
Well....

A conversation I had with a fellow T2W member a while back got onto FTS in Porlock (UK) and the guy who ran it ~ Peter Scottish, I think.

Anyone else on these boards get involved ?

I can safely say, he was the one person who nurtured my interest in the stock market to a point where I knew that was where my destiny lay. And that was 1990. It wasn't until 2007 that I finally achieved my goal of earning a living from this most difficult of professions (not tricky now, obviously)

Well ..... ?

FTS is still around:

Paul

Attachments

• fts.gif
    fts.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 656
Well....

A conversation I had with a fellow T2W member a while back got onto FTS in Porlock (UK) and the guy who ran it ~ Peter Scottish, I think.

I can safely say, he was the one person who nurtured my interest in the stock market to a point where I knew that was where my destiny lay. And that was 1990. It wasn't until 2007 that I finally achieved my goal of earning a living from this most difficult of professions (not tricky now, obviously)

Well ..... ?

I went along to their thing in Porlock - really nice guys and was in a STUNNING part of the world !!
That was a REALLY great weekend - was it really all that time ago..? :-0

That smacks of desperation.

Can't believe how 'cheap' it looks.

Nick

Well....

Well ..... ?

I did get his training manual. unfortunately I couldn't attend the weekend course.
I did have lots of fun reading the manual and still do.....

Remember this...

Patience is important***

.......'' Once upon a time beginner trader named Ferrari fuhme was sitting in his favorite chair at home''......

........''The market was virtually dead, moving up five and down five down for many weeks ........But he hated a sideways market with its lack of action..... Unknown to him, though, his wife invariably knew when the market sideways.......this only occurred on a sunny day .......when the light streamed through the lounge window''......

........''His house telephone was nearby. Alongside his chair were a mobile 'phone and charger........by the side of his chair , in case none of these worked, were semaphore flags with which he could signal his neighbour, a retired naval officer and ham radio operator named Horatio Gumblat, to pass on instructions circuitously to his broker''....

......''About this time his wife, Minnie, arrived with a cup of tea''.....

......''What's wrong ,Ferr? she asked needlessly,........''The market's sideways again is it?''..........

.......''He looked up, giving her a lobsided forced smile that might have curdled yoghurt 50 paces. He thought it was the kind of smile that cool characters with big things in their mind gave''

*** FTS training manual (page 34A)

still makes me laugh.

Searchlight

Yep, me too.
I worked for a repro' house in the print trade at the time (late 90's) and a customer wanted us to prepare an ad' for the Exchange and Mart and kindly produced a copy of the paper for reference. I browsed through it and an ad' caught my eye which read: . . .”some (people) have just made up to £32,500 in 28 days, and so could you”. I ended up buying the manual, but never attended the course. I never traded options either which, from memory, was what was being recommended by FTS at the time. However, that customer who walked in to my then workplace with a copy of E & M under his arm was definitely the catalyst for setting me off down this long and winding road . . .
Tim.

timsk -

Amazing coincidence! I too saw an ad for FTS, this was in a period when I was collecting small ads from Sunday papers to give me ideas for another career direction. I sent off for a bunch of exciting literature from FTS (this is pre-www) and was impressed by the photocopied transactions showing how money was being made (as it seemed to me) without working. Being an idler I was attracted by this. I did not train with FTS but it did get me interested in the stock market. Everyone needs someone to blame.......

I did get his training manual. unfortunately I couldn't attend the weekend course.
I did have lots of fun reading the manual and still do.....

Remember this...

Patience is important***

.......'' Once upon a time beginner trader named Ferrari fuhme was sitting in his favorite chair at home''......

........''The market was virtually dead, moving up five and down five down for many weeks ........But he hated a sideways market with its lack of action..... Unknown to him, though, his wife invariably knew when the market sideways.......this only occurred on a sunny day .......when the light streamed through the lounge window''......

........''His house telephone was nearby. Alongside his chair were a mobile 'phone and charger........by the side of his chair , in case none of these worked, were semaphore flags with which he could signal his neighbour, a retired naval officer and ham radio operator named Horatio Gumblat, to pass on instructions circuitously to his broker''....

......''About this time his wife, Minnie, arrived with a cup of tea''.....

......''What's wrong ,Ferr? she asked needlessly,........''The market's sideways again is it?''..........

.......''He looked up, giving her a lobsided forced smile that might have curdled yoghurt 50 paces. He thought it was the kind of smile that cool characters with big things in their mind gave''

*** FTS training manual (page 34A)

still makes me laugh.

Searchlight
Hi
Just saw your post. I lost my manual in a move and was gutted when I couldn't find it. Do you still have your copy? Any chance you could scan me a copy and email? I'd love to give it another read.
Thanks in desperation and hope.
Cheers, Ivan