Does anybody had any experience with Market-Tutors ?

hey mma... maybe the banks prop books aren't open to the public? maybe that's why there aren't any in your list? maybe the banks trading figures are buried so deep in internal accounts that nobody outside has a need to know?
still what does (say) Michael Sherwood know? right? only worth about £125Million on the back of what Goldmans pay him, as head of commodities and fixed income TRADING (Europe). Gosh.. just think of all the money he must have made for Goldman's to pay him that much? OR do you really think it's just because he's a nice guy, and smiles at all the right people? Or maybe he just "sticks his head in the sand to avoid the shame of reality????"

Nonsense , it clearly list the highest ranking bank fund as no.30 , ie ) there are 29 funds beating the hell out of CSFB. it's as simple as that .

So perhaps banks should be making more of their accounts public to justify their claims . I wonder why they don't ? could it be that banks know from their public funds that to publish any more would unveil them even more as the hypsters that they are .

where do you think the fools that bankrupted LTCM come from ??
I'll tell you for free - Merryl Lynch.

And IASG is not MY list , I have nothing to do with them , they are an independant rating organization.

Last edited:
Banks run prop books as well as hedge funds. The hedge funds are accountable to ther investors, and have the returns ranked & audited. Prop books are completely internal - normally run by trading desks ( rather than Asset managers or the PM's who may run a hedge fund for the same umbrella organisation) I have worked as a trarder for 3 investment banks in London, and not one of them's prop books is available to inspection to anyone other than (internal) auditors, banking & regulatory bodies, and management.
I think we should now leave it alone, in as much, that we beg to differ. ?

Last edited:
* Prop books are completely internal - normally run by trading desks *

an obvious statement that does nothing to support the false claim that bank traders are top . It still begs the question , which I cut & paste ( thank god for microsoft o/w my fingers would be worn out with conversations like this ) :

* So perhaps banks should be making more of their accounts public to justify their claims . I wonder why they don't ? could it be that banks know from their public funds that to publish any more would unveil them even more as the hypsters that they are . *

which is a very valid question , since you and your bank masters are trying to make an assertion for which there can never be any real validation ( given that the accounts remain always private ) .

It's kind of like me saying " hey I'm the best SB player ever BUT my accounts will never be disclosed to the anyl of you " - would be a rather vain and dishonest claim.

* Banks run prop books as well as hedge funds. The hedge funds are accountable to ther investors, and have the returns ranked & audited. *

And apparently they are pretty rubbish at running hedge funds.

Agree to disagree ? well , yes and no , because it's not only you and I that involved here .

I am under a duty to constantly refute the lie that banks are the best at trading , since clearly the independant data rejects this view .

Memebers of this board are intelligent enough then to decide what they want to believe . This is what I believe we can leave it at.

til then I fight the good fight .

"Also I travveled to milton keyes to meet the blokes behind it. had nothng to hide, and when i was there were buying the S&P's for £100 a point so at leats I could see them trading. traderd with a 2 point stop loss when i was there, and i watched them take 7 points. I may have been lucky of course to see them "

is that a misprint or is it possible(which i doubt very much)to trade £100 a point and have a 2 point stop loss.wouldnt that wipe you out instantly?

depends on how large your capital is and how much your losers cost you and how big your winners are .