Article Documentation is Critical to Your Trading Success

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,453 54
I have often discussed how awareness or the lack thereof is profoundly important to trading.  About 95% of everything that goes on in your brain and mind is out of your awareness.  Just consider that your unconscious brain is responsible for all the communication between cells, organs, muscles and bones as well as motor functions, respiration, heartbeat, immune functions, overall regulation and so on and so on.  In fact, only about 3% falls under the purview of your conscious mind.  So, the vast majority of your system and what it is doing is out of your awareness…and that’s a good thing.
Can you imagine having to think about breathing, beating your heart or defending yourself against micro-organisms?  It would be a disaster to say the least.  The same goes for thinking. You make immediate, unconscious assessments of not only internal but also external environments to scan for threats. This also means that many if not most of your beliefs, biases, attitudes and values, i.e., your...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tomorton

Legendary member
7,317 982
I agree with the sentiment and intent, but its a little vague to be of practical use for me. I would need a list of questions to ask myself, with Yes/No, Always/Never answers.

As I'm not emotionally introspective, its useless somebody telling me to be emotionally introspective. And if I was, I wouldn't need telling.......

Brumby

Established member
593 137
I agree with the sentiment and intent, but its a little vague to be of practical use for me. I would need a list of questions to ask myself, with Yes/No, Always/Never answers.

As I'm not emotionally introspective, its useless somebody telling me to be emotionally introspective. And if I was, I wouldn't need telling.......
I suspect there are some form of content limit on the published articles and naturally would not have the specifics on "how". There is a very good book written by Gary Payton titled "Trade Mindfully". There are 310 pages of discussions on acquiring mindfulness in trading.

NVP

Legendary member
36,751 1,878
I correspond with a guy who’s pretty into all this mindfulness stuff

http://tradingcomposure.com

The better and more successful you get at trading your edge the easier it is to press the button and trust the system......but it is never going to be easy .......that’s trading

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,751 1,878
I Just confess I have also used therapists to assist me in getting my trading head together at times .....not cheap but it is effective for plebs like me who are not good at the old num num jostick meditation stuff

N

Reactions: Sonicscooter