Do you self-identify as a non-criminal psychopath (or sociopath)?

Some people are assuming that because this company is posting on t2w that the focus is on traders.
OFTV is trawling on other non-trading web sites for candidates.
The other possible assumption, as yet un-articulated, is that it will be a typical TV hatchet job suggesting many traders are psychopaths. This sub-conscious assumption is created by the rather unscientific remark, "He wants to prove his point by meeting people like YOU and finding out what makes you tick."
I assume nothing, I googled it instead :)
Apart from trading, psychology was the only other profession targeted with forum posts that I found.
Money saving expert thread shows as invalid thread - deleted 3 days ago.
Still think I'm assuming things?

I know its not solely aimed at traders.
There is certainly evidence to suggest the research team have preconceptions
about psychopathic traits being advantageous in trading.
Thats why I think there is an element of confirmation bias in play.
Thats also why I gave the examples of well known traders, as I personally
think the exact opposite is more common - meticulous, methodical and displaying
many INTJ traits.

The mini test questions are also rather tenuous, as you have commented on yourself:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...minal-psychopath-sociopath-2.html#post2179404
Q 1 & 11 - I fail to see how a profitable trader could possibly agree with either of those.
Q 8 & 9 - they would be an advantage, and if those traits are psychopathic,
then most of the armed forces and emergency services have slight
psychopathic traits...
Forbes-the-top-10-jobs-that-attract-psychopaths
Also struggle to understand how agreeing with Q 5 is deemed to have any relevance to psychopathy.

Last edited:
I was frightened of being anywhere near a psychopath until I started to understand, from knowledgeable sources, that there are plenty of them about, in all walks of life. I suppose that I read too many crime stories and realise that they have given psychopaths a bad name. I feel much better about them now. I've checked over the questionaire and am assured that, IMO, I am not one.

Last edited:
I was frightened of being anywhere near a psychopatch until I started to understand, from knowledgeable sources, that there are plenty of them about, in all walks of life. I suppose that I read too many crime stories and realise that they have given psychopaths a bad name. I feel much better about them now. I've checked over the questionaire and am assured that, IMO, I am not one.
Split, personally I think that mini test is massively flawed
and not comprehensive enough to have any value.
I guarantee you everyone here will get a different result in
a different online test.
https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=85177d2ca4155b73&q=psychopath+test
20 Signs That You Are A Psychopath - Business Insider

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mindmelding/201301/what-is-psychopath-0

tbh i was expecting a proper test when i asked too. That ones a bit sh1t and I know I'm not (wasn't?) a psychopath as I've been tested properly over a period of a couple of moths.

LV,
When I said " assumed" I wasn't thinking specifically of your comments, more of readers of this thread generally, though I can see why you thought I meant you. My apologies :)
Have a good weekend,
Richard

LV,
When I said " assumed" I wasn't thinking specifically of your comments, more of readers of this thread generally, though I can see why you thought I meant you. My apologies :)
Have a good weekend,
Richard
My 2nd post on this thread wasn't entirely clear and gave the impression of
assumption.
Interesting discussion on how it relates to trading, even though I think
they are targeting the wrong profession.
I didn't take offense anyway, just clarifying, no worries :)

Split, personally I think that mini test is massively flawed
a different online test.
https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=85177d2ca4155b73&q=psychopath+test
20 Signs That You Are A Psychopath - Business Insider

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mindmelding/201301/what-is-psychopath-0

Split personality, I think that mini test is massively flawed
a different online test.

Corrected that for ya ! :LOL:

I don't remember whether I'm repeating this but, anyway

" 'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can't help that' said the Cat 'We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad'

'How do you know I'm mad' said Alice?

'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you woudn't have come here.'

Lewis Carroll---Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Hello,

Please see below quick test that should give you an idea of how you score....

Indicate the extent with which you agree or disagree with each of the statements below. If you strongly agree give yourself 3 points, if you agree give yourself 2 points, disagree 1 point, and strongly disagree 0 points. Then add up your total and check it against the scale to provide a rough idea of where you are on the psychopathic spectrum.

I only scored 9. :(

Are you sure you didn't accidentally post the cu*t test rather than the psychopath test? What kind of cretin would score highly on this...?

I only scored 9. :(

Are you sure you didn't accidentally post the cu*t test rather than the psychopath test? What kind of cretin would score highly on this...?

Well I got 20 :LOL:

You get 11 even if you disagree with them all.

No, i really didn't knew this fact that the psychopaths were successful business men. :?

Not all psychopaths. Some psychopaths get their kicks by chopping people up and sticking them behind the wallpaper. They are the ones that I read about in the evening safety of my, secuely, locked flat. :) The business ones are quite cuddly in comparison.

I scored high and my husband very high, we've done more extensive tests online before and the result was the same. I don't understand the people bashing the quick test, did you not understand that it was just a little quick thing to give you an idea of if you would be suitable? Clearly if you score very low on that you would be wasting yours and their time by emailing them for more info ffs. I identify more with being a sociopath and my husband is definitely psychopath, unfortunately as his job involves him working away a lot working on towers (he has no fear of heights whatsoever and never has had) he is likely not to be able to take part. There is one major flaw with this program though, us sociopaths will jump at this, but psychopaths won't bother...there is nothing in it for them, no "reward" you'd need something to offer them in return, or maybe a prize for the highest test score! My husband says the prize for being the most psychotic would have him applying instantly...he isn't interested otherwise.