Do you prefer forex trading days with or without significant US news items

JTrader

Hi

I've decided that I seem to have a preference for trading on days when there are significant US economic news releases - when price action speeds up, bigger trends form and when S/R levels can fail, quickly.

Today and yesterday have been really slow for EURUSD, with no great potential for an increase in momentum in existence up until the London close.
This may well still be a trend at the end of the day, but when price action is slow, it doesn't feel like a trend to me, until I see the end product - more like a slow trend. Hopefully I can get better at recognising a trend as a trend regardless of speed of price movements.

Do you prefer EURUSD/GBPUSD forex trading days with, or without significant US news items and the faster momentum that these news items bring?

Thanks.

Last edited:
JTrader said:
Hi

I've decided that I seem to have a preference for trading on days when there are significant US economic news releases - when price action speeds up, bigger trends form and when S/R levels can fail, quickly.

Today and yesterday have been really slow for EURUSD, with no great potential for an increase in momentum in existence up until the London close.
This may well still be a trend at the end of the day, but when price action is slow, it doesn't feel like a trend to me, until I see the end product - more like a slow trend. Hopefully I can get better at recognising a trend as a trend regardless of speed of price movements.

Do you prefer EURUSD/GBPUSD forex trading days with, or without significant US news items and the faster momentum that these news items bring?

Thanks.
One's time frame is the deciding factor I believe.
If one is position trading (holding for days) news is good. It is sure to move the market to one's benefit if there positioned on the right side.

,,but if one is trading off 5 or 15 minutes, one's positions could span into news releases. This could be a problem if one has tight stops and news is causing price to be more volitile.

Also, having to wait for news to release then having to wait for a 'bar' to close after 5 or 15 could get one in late. Entering to late and missing the bulk of the move.

..so there are different aspects relative to what time frame one is using and the strategy one is using.

DT