Do moon phases influence financial markets?

mvtrader2000

113 15
During both new and full moon phases, the gravitational attraction of the moon is in line with the gravitational pull of the sun, producing high tides and low tides 20% higher and lower respectively than average tide levels.

While there is little difference in the magnitude of tide heights during new and full moon phases, tides do reach unusual heights when the moon is both unusually close to the Earth and in the new moon phase, due to the combined gravitational pull of the moon and sun together. These proxigean spring tides occur approximately once every 1.5 years.

So my question is:- Will Elliot and Wolf wave trading be similarly affected during these periods :p

MichielZ

10 0
I think the influence of the full moon is overrated. I use the moon as a timing tool but use other events: maximum/minimum declination and apogee/perigee. Enter all the occurrences of maximum declination, minimum declination, apogee, perigee, full moon, new moon and moon eclipse in a speadsheet, and check when there are several occurrences within a timeframe of 2 days. A reversal could take place within a timeframe of 3 trading days. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but at least you knew that there was a chance that a reversal could take place. For this year, June 3 and 4 are interesting: June 3th: perigee, June 4th: maximum declination, full moon, moon eclipse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock