Moon River Method

G-Man said:
Wilder's Delta Phenomenon doesn't really have anything to do with the position of the moon. It just states that markets repeat at defined intervals, one of which is the lunar cycle of appx 28 days. If you were solving the Delta solution it wouldn't really matter where you started, just that the reference points you used are located the lunar cycle apart.

G-Man

I agree that the position of the moon is not important. My observation about financial astrology is that it is the relationships between planets at any given time that is the most important factor. Naturally these relationships create cycles, and it is the cycles between the moon, sun and earth that is the basis of the Delta method.

The 28 day lunar cycle is not part of the Delta material - it uses a 4 lunar month cycle and a 12 lunar month cycle, amongst others of course.

swandro,

if you wish to investigate this further, I started a thread a while ago called "Astrology Data Overlay".
It may cover most of the things this thread may be about to go over.
( it also contains links to astrological software as well )
( there is also a separate Delta Phenomenon thread. )

my own investigations resulted in something else, which you may want to look at.
That is; see if you can find a correlation between market reversals and when the planets, ( mainly Venus, Mars and Jupiter )
EITHER: crosses from one zodiac sign to another ( mainly Mars and Jupiter )
OR: the apparent planetary position goes retrograde as seen from earth.
( or changes from retrograde back to normal direction )

Note: although interesting, I havent yet found a way to incorporate it into trading.

so,

there may have been some issue whether yesterday or today is the correct Full Moon.
Both yesterday and today were DOWN days.

That means we should have gone SHORT. ( today Dow closed at 10,675 )
Still a bit concerned that we should be shorting into the "Thanksgiving to Christmas" phase.

I have read some of you posts today saying. Geographical location mass in the universe (as inferred from gravitational effects,Delta Phenomenon,FEW!! where do I stop. Look there is no need to complex matters, Keep it simple,all the test have been done on UK Moon cycls.Today is a full moon the Dow is down at the close, So you would go short and hold till the New moon on the 1st of Dec, simple as that.

badtrader said:
I have read some of you posts today saying. Geographical location mass in the universe (as inferred from gravitational effects,Delta Phenomenon,FEW!! where do I stop. Look there is no need to complex matters, Keep it simple,all the test have been done on UK Moon cycls.Today is a full moon the Dow is down at the close, So you would go short and hold till the New moon on the 1st of Dec, simple as that.
okely-dokely, neighbourly-deighbourly. ;)

Interestingly though, the S&P was up today.

So we should short the Dow and buy the S&P.

Bet one of them is right.

G-Man

Shall we ask the Moonies?

badtrader said:

Tonight here in old Blighty, a clearer night I could not imagine. A veritable moon gazer's delight! My only concern is that if I were to be truly nit pickity I am obliged to point out that the moon over my house is not entirely full. Only about 98%. Does that make a difference?

trendie said:
swandro,

if you wish to investigate this further, I started a thread a while ago called "Astrology Data Overlay".
It may cover most of the things this thread may be about to go over.
( it also contains links to astrological software as well )
( there is also a separate Delta Phenomenon thread. )

my own investigations resulted in something else, which you may want to look at.
That is; see if you can find a correlation between market reversals and when the planets, ( mainly Venus, Mars and Jupiter )
EITHER: crosses from one zodiac sign to another ( mainly Mars and Jupiter )
OR: the apparent planetary position goes retrograde as seen from earth.
( or changes from retrograde back to normal direction )

Note: although interesting, I havent yet found a way to incorporate it into trading.

Trendie

Thanks for the ideas. I went through the thread you mentioned and came away with the verdict that you have given up on Delta. I suspect I may do the same when I get round to testing it. As for how to trade these ideas - well, quite.

I'm not a 'moon trader' myself, but if the moon's gravitational pull can displace millions of tons of sea water, in the form of tides. What effect does it have on our brains and body? Just curious.

On that basis. The moons 'pull' will have more of an effect on larger people.

It's a right old giggle 'moon trading'. I could never imagine a 'rogue trader' type getting let off on a 'moon' technicallity.

Saying this, Nick Leeson was done for 'mooning'.

If you was doing a seminar on 'moon' strategies, would you greet everybody at 9am by saying....."Good mooning everybody......"?

Last edited by a moderator:
just love these schemes but I am confused.

the results are based on Dow cash ?

how do you trade Dow cash ?

surely for such a long holding system, you would trade futures ?

or has all this already been gone into ?

Nov 16th ( Full moon ): Dow closed DOWN on the day, at 10,652.
Dec 01st ( New moon ): Dow closed at 10,912.

Thats a loss of = -360.

( still think it was a bit of a gamble trading against the seasonally reliable "buy-at-Thanksgiving-and-sell-in-first-week-in-January" trade )

Next trade at Dec 15th. ( trade 2 lots, as last trade was a loss )

read gann - and cowen- do not try to form fit the market using astro- The moon is one small aspect- Larger planets create larger moves.