Do day traders do technical analysis during market hours?

That's one reason I quit trading stocks - you can study 500 charts after close, find a few with that perfect set-up - then an opening gap screws it all up. Too much work for me.

These days, I stick to trading mainly only one thing - the EUR/USD. I love the moves it makes and I know it's personality real well. Anymore, I just glance at a few different time frames and look for when the next setup might occur, then wait..wait..wait - sometimes wait some more - -then (half the time) miss the trade completely lol.

Find yourself a handful of setups that work for you and then you only need to make quick glances - looking for just those setups. They will start popping right out at you after a year or two.

(y)

I have to agree on the part where RockyRacoon says he trades mainly only EUR/USD............ I took this advice from a trader who was much moer senior to me when i started out and it took sometime for the advice to sink it.............I now repeat to those who ask what I trade. I mainly and nearly always only trade GBP/JPY.........you trade something long enough it becomes much more easier to read its movements and hence the chart........

Happy Pipping