DMI indicator

wezzley

Hi folks, relatively new to forex, picking up the ropes & getting to know all the main indicators one by one.

Getting a bit muddled on the ADX - my specific confusion is this: in the GBP/USD 5 min chart at 08.55 today (7th June) the trend was down and confirmed by the ADX being in the 50's but.........a buy signal was given by the DI+ crossing up through the DI-

So a down trend but a buy signal. Should I ignore buy signals in a confirmed down trend, or perhaps consider a buy on the basis that the ADX while still high (and certaily over 25) is dropping off slightly,

All thoughts very much appreciated.

if you look in the indicator bar , and click on adx ,and a box should pop up and , and you should see a small box and you will be able to click on it to go up or down shorten the signal until it fits
good luck
Hornblower

Hiya, thanks for that, cant tweak the setting on my system, perhaps I need a better one. Just done more reading on this, seem that the declining ADX (albeit stilll above 30) might have indicated a possible slowing/end of the downward trend, and so the buy signal generated by the DI- crossing up through the DI+ was a valid one, does that sound right or am I spouting tosh? I guess what I'm saying is - can the trend change from down to up without the ADX ever dipping below 30,

many thanks in advance for any input