Dma or market maker cfds for us stocks

alevros

Hi i would like to trade us stocks using cfds but i am not sure which type (dma or market maker) is more suitable for me as i am not a high volume trader. I would prefer dma but these providers have high minimum commissions (15 usd) and i dont know if this option will suit me best. Any thoughts? Thanx a lot.

Hi i would like to trade us stocks using cfds but i am not sure which type (dma or market maker) is more suitable for me as i am not a high volume trader. I would prefer dma but these providers have high minimum commissions (15 usd) and i dont know if this option will suit me best. Any thoughts? Thanx a lot.

I was in a similar boat to you a year or so ago when I decided to venture into the US markets. This is ultimately what I have found out in my experience, US equities don’t have an order book in the same way that FSTE 100 stocks do however I use a couple of brokers, IG Markets and Accendo Markets who both offer me the ability to trade US directly in the market (so essentially DMA) rather that OTC which I have heard can throw up a few issues of its own. I found that commission do vary from one broker to another however I pay 4 cents per share with my accounts (and I’m not big account holder by any means) which I think is quite fair, especially when trading the big priced shares like Apple. I can’t say I know the full ins and outs of all the brokers out there mate but the DMA route I think would be better. Hope that helps?