divergence patterns

With regards to support and resistance, I don't look at that either. IF I see a setup I take it regardless of trendlines, Support, Resistance, Pivots etc etc. :devilish:
i also found that when forward testing pattern breaks on the hourly tf,s/r pivots play no role in the break,the average moves are the same over time.

I look at a break even trade as a free opportunity to make money.
(y)

Lastly before anyone falls asleep ! I find this is ALL about the screen time and practice and obviously about the application of logic. The more screen time you get the better you will become at spotting setups. When I first started looking at this I found it particuarly tricky. I would always get caught out by the levels especially on Hidden Divergence (Ask Brutusdog :)) Hit a hidden divergence when the high/low had broken and end up getting boned.
a big (y) screan experience cant be learned from anywhere else exept the screen!!

What is hidden divergence ? If this has already been explained then I apologise for asking and please just point me in the right direction where to find it.

Paul

Have a look here Paul:

http://www.babypips.com/school/hidden_divergence.html
It explains the difference between regular divergence and hidden.

Nick

Whoops ~ sorry Mark. Just realised you gave Paul the link before me. Wasn't concentrating, not trading today.

Nick

i tell you what, that babypips is a really good site, just read some of it, written with a sense of humour too, nice.

And they really explain divergence trading well

There is no such thing as hidden divergence - it is obvious divergence!
Knowledge of the momentum indicators is the key.
I repeat, there is no such thing as hidden divergence. It is someone who wants to sell you something in the future by building an email list.
You know me Paul - here it is for free!
George

Attachments

• The Commodity Channel Index.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 249
I repeat, there is no such thing as hidden divergence. It is someone who wants to sell you something in the future by building an email list.
George

what are you on about:(

George

It's probably called Hidden Divergence because it is not well known and easily overlooked. :LOL:

In fact, there were few threads on HD until a few of us started posting charts on bbmac's "Re-entering a trend" thread late last year (see #2 on page 1).

It really ought to be called Trend Continuation Divergence.

George

George,

You are claiming that hidden divergence does not exist ?? You also seem to infer that Babypips or maybe someone here is looking to get a list of email address' to try and get some cash at a later date :rolleyes:

If you google hidden divergence there are pages of sites that refer to it. Therefore to suggest it is something that we/babypips created for our own good is utter rubbish.

I accept you may call it by a different name, but to rubbish "hidden" divergence, because you don't know it by that name or personally believe it doesn't exist is pretty ignorant to say the least.

I notice you posted a CCI setup on your last post. Funnily enough the guys at trading naked (sadly no more) had a few CCI divergence setups posted, and Shock/Horror they called it hidden divergence too.

It's correct name is reverse divergence - but my point is that it is not hidden like a secret it is indeed obvious.
I do not like those who financially feed on ignorance - my apologies if you are not one of those!
George
George,

You are claiming that hidden divergence does not exist ?? You also seem to infer that Babypips or maybe someone here is looking to get a list of email address' to try and get some cash at a later date :rolleyes:

If you google hidden divergence there are pages of sites that refer to it. Therefore to suggest it is something that we/babypips created for our own good is utter rubbish.

I accept you may call it by a different name, but to rubbish "hidden" divergence, because you don't know it by that name or personally believe it doesn't exist is pretty ignorant to say the least.

I notice you posted a CCI setup on your last post. Funnily enough the guys at trading naked (sadly no more) had a few CCI divergence setups posted, and Shock/Horror they called it hidden divergence too.

It's correct name is reverse divergence - but my point is that it is not hidden like a secret it is indeed obvious.
I do not like those who financially feed on ignorance - my apologies if you are not one of those!
George

I agree it's not hidden like a secret. But it is a little harder to spot than regular divergence. I'm guessing that's where the name comes from.

My indicators don't show anything on the Monthly's but I can see a lovely one already started on the weeklies

Well done.

Nkruger/Marwan - Yes there is a great Normal Bearish divergence already on the Monthly GBPUSD chart,

as soon a the pullback is over, i think there will be a great shorting opportunity on cable.

Dollar INDEX - Any suggestion where I can get FREE charts? Currently I subscribe to esignal, but they started charging for additional feed on the Dollar Index.

still trying to figure out the rules of entry for a hidden divergence!!!
any help will be appreciated

Have a look here

http://www.babypips.com/school/divergence_trading.html

Nick,

When I am trading hidden divergence I like to see MACD line divergence on my smaller t/f as a confirmer. No line divergence no trade from me. As soon as I get that line divergence, the hidden divergence on the higher t/f is valid. This can be regular or hidden line divergence not fussy which one as long as I get the signal.

hi guys ,

i have noticed with some testing one particular divergence pattern that is very high probability around 85% with a1/1 or greater r/r most of the time. The pattern is a 1,2 step with divergence that starts in extreme or wild extreme os/ob levels. It is very high prob.................the problem is that only 1-3 of these patterns come along each day, and im not the most patience guy and ill end up placing silly trades waiting and whilst screen watching............Does anyone know a solution for me?

I was thinking of an alert system, but is it possible to set alerts for a trading pattern like this?, if so this would be so cool as i could then set it up to look for this particular divergence pattern across all futures and possibly stocks.

can anyone help or advise?

thanks

.....im not the most patience guy and ill end up placing silly trades waiting and whilst screen watching............Does anyone know a solution for me?

Have you considered quitting trading :)

Paul

hi guys ,

im not the most patience guy and ill end up placing silly trades waiting and whilst screen watching............Does anyone know a solution for me?

:idea:

Give your money to someone else to do the trading for you following your system -

while you go off and play golf or whatever!

:clap:

hi guys ,

I'm not the most patience guy and ill end up placing silly trades waiting and whilst screen watching............Does anyone know a solution for me?

can anyone help or advise?

thanks

They're right you know...

Or ~ carry on as you are and lose a couple of grand, re-assess the situation, save up some more money and get trading again with a bit more patience....

Tricky to master though.

I should know......