Dilema . . . Take job or Finish degree?

au it isn't just as easy as walking through the door hungover on a morning, swinging a bat at the FTSE, being in the pub at 11 and then driving your aston home hammered

nah, you leave that till the friday :cheesy:

What are your reasons for that Blade? I do have the option to defer for a year

Well, in a year's time you'll have a much better idea of your potential as a trader - if you're doing badly, you'll be able to go back to uni, if you're doing well, tell uni you changed your mind and want to drop out.

aces . . . do you think that in a years time I will know for sure whether to continue or go back to uni? Basically, will I know in a years time whether or not I can make a success out of trading or not. I suppose it would be in 15 months as opposed to a year.

aces . . . do you think that in a years time I will know for sure whether to continue or go back to uni? Basically, will I know in a years time whether or not I can make a success out of trading or not. I suppose it would be in 15 months as opposed to a year.

You'll know. So long as you're honest with yourself.

Decided to not take the job and concentrate on studying and getting my degree. Going to read up on as much technical analysis over the summer. Could anyone recommend a few books to start with and then where to move onto?

good choice in my opinion.

try technical analysis of the futures market by murphy.....

WJW,

Either decision could be right. Given that you have been offered a position, you know and they know you are good enough. Therefore, you should have a very good chance of being offered a position again after graduation.

I would also study fundamentals, the best being Hull's Options, Futures and other Derivatives.

Good luck,

Grant.

Last edited: