Diary of a swing spread better

6 point loss - see chart - missed a rounding bottom for a quick 20 pts due to staying in following early exits yesterday!!! :(

Attachments

• Trade 2 minus 6.htm
    934 bytes · Views: 191
Never mind Chris. Still up for the day.

Approaching the 100ema again, if it bounces 10800 could be on the cards.

It's not formed that clearly but there appears to be a triple bottom on the RSI over the past 20 mins.

I was just about to post this triangle, when it cleared to the upside....

Attachments

• INDU.JPG
    INDU.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 139
The 5 min chart proves very interesting, I count 5 attempts since yesterday to breach that trendline

Attachments

• INDU.JPG
    INDU.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 153
Just missed a great move, but puttin kids down, I'm out from about 445 to 1900... Bistard

That's me done for the day. Off to enjoy Rik Mayall in The New Statesman.

All in all a rubbish day. Long off the bounce at 5:40ish which failed. So 2 trades 2 losses today. Hey ho, tomorrow is another day, just gotta learn from the mistakes.

Have a good night all.

Just made me 6 pts back on a risky scalp on the push up, went in when the hammer was supported second time. Not my style to take a 2 min trade, but I did then, out at 80, as there's resistance there now.

My turn to get 16 points on this down swing. This market is crazy and if I can't trade the first or second pullback since the trend changes, I would stay away.

Attachments

• dow 5.jpg
    dow 5.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 152
chindl said:
6 point loss - see chart - missed a rounding bottom for a quick 20 pts due to staying in following early exits yesterday!!! :(

Hi Chris,

I can't open the attached file. But I assume profit needs to be taken quite early in this choppy market.

Good trading,

H

Gave back 9 points on this failed signal. It may still go down (or range-bound) but I am not accepting bigger risk for potentially bigger return here.

Attachments

• dow 6.jpg
    dow 6.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 160
Will it push thru 10760?! If it is I'll buy the next pull back from there.

Attachments

• dow 7.jpg
    dow 7.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 148
Now we have a clear change in the momentum. The question is for how long and if it will ever offer me a three consecutive red bars to jump in.

Attachments

• dow 8.jpg
    dow 8.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 130
Well, there've been six consecutive red bars now. Too many of them and the momentum has changed to down again.

Attachments

• dow 9.jpg
    dow 9.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 117
Might have gotten it wrong there. I thought when the low in blue circle was breached, the momentum had changed yet again. It did not seem like it.

But I may be better off watching the World Cup anyway so that will be it for me today. Just seven points up.

Good trading everyone,

Hung

Attachments

• dow 10.jpg
    dow 10.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 169
I hope no one missed as many chances as the German :) In hind sight, the DOW actually offered me a very good price to jump in but I misread its good intention. Thank you any way Mr DOW :)

Attachments

• dow 11.jpg
    dow 11.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 130
Slapshot said:
That's me done for the day. Off to enjoy Rik Mayall in The New Statesman.

All in all a rubbish day. Long off the bounce at 5:40ish which failed. So 2 trades 2 losses today. Hey ho, tomorrow is another day, just gotta learn from the mistakes.

Have a good night all.

Have a good night, Slaps! You have another 8 trades to go before the score is settled :)

Slapshot said:
Yeah I know mate which is why I'm kicking myself. I still believe the system needs some tweaking for the Dax, maybe the +/20 is too great. Time to take a step back and reassess the situation me thinks :cry:

Slaps,

I hope you trade small enough if some tweaking still needs to be done. I am very comfy now with my stakes as I've found a 'just right' level :)

Good trading

Hung