Desperately need advice about my career prospect

vasw

Hi guys,
Sorry for being trite. I am a new one to this forum and my situation is a bit difficult. I am 25, originally from India, i’ve got strong legal grounding + 2 years legal work experience in India. Last November I graduated from the UK university with my LLM in Commercial Law. Now I am considering the option to shift my career to the investment banking. What do you think, do I have any chances? I know i’m pretty old for that and my chances seem to be quite slim, but still... i desperately need your advice coz i’m stuck. Btw, heard that there are companies that provide the special training (such as training the street etc). Is it worthwhile? Badly need advice. Thanks a lot.

I don't see why you're stuck.

You're on a trading forum, so you're not really in the right place, but if your idea is to quit lawyer work for which you are qualified and experienced and I assume reasonably well paid, then you're crazy. Stay in legal work.

If your idea is to go and work in investment banking, legally or in accounting or whatever, then no problem there, keep your job for now, some you may be able to apply to, others just apply along with all the other graduates for next year. Some may consider you too old, some may not, but purely in my own opinion, I'd suggest that 25 is not too old. Banks will be employing Phds who are late 20's early 30's, plus students who have gone through different countries systems who are 25 or thereabouts.

If you're not currently working, and you want to get into investment banking, then the long term goal is investment banking and you can apply as above, and the short term goal is to get paid and live, and therefore you should be finding a legal job right now while applying for next year's grad schemes.

What is the problem with that?

Hi guys,
Sorry for being trite. I am a new one to this forum and my situation is a bit difficult. I am 25, originally from India, i’ve got strong legal grounding + 2 years legal work experience in India. Last November I graduated from the UK university with my LLM in Commercial Law. Now I am considering the option to shift my career to the investment banking. What do you think, do I have any chances? I know i’m pretty old for that and my chances seem to be quite slim, but still... i desperately need your advice coz i’m stuck. Btw, heard that there are companies that provide the special training (such as training the street etc). Is it worthwhile? Badly need advice. Thanks a lot.

The main advice I'd give you is not to take any advice from random people on a website like T2W. Especially me.

stick to what you are training in...........only vendors will tell you to switch to trading

Go do Law in the Middle East for a massive tax free salary and stop chasing rainbows would be my advice. It's what I'd do.

since it is just an 'option' for now, continue working as a legal professional while you apply for investment banking and related jobs. if opportunities open up for you, then make the appropriate decision.