Demand for young blood in the industry

Robertral said:
there is alot of information and stuff to learn which you can only learn about while wokring in a good institution..

agree. and also interesting to compare different institutions against each other.

>>ha ha ha how is that so? so you can beat a stat arb trader? a dispersion trader? or a futures trader? are >>you basing this on return basis???
>>that is really funny...ha ha ha
>>Also what the f*ck are you basing this off.......the £50K u make a year trading spreads!!!!!! great times

awwww , poor kid , getting in a tizzy and swearing because he is jealous.

I base this on my superior RORC , which I am willing to bet is better than any so called bank trader.

I base this on a certified statement I have from FS that I am in the top 20% AT LEAST of their clientele .

anyway , best way to find out is for someone from the banking ( or maybe that's w......... ) world to step up .

anyime , anyday . perhaps t2w can sponsor the event , and make it a media event .

Last edited:
wisestguy said:
>>ha ha ha how is that so? so you can beat a stat arb trader? a dispersion trader? or a futures trader? are >>you basing this on return basis???
>>that is really funny...ha ha ha
>>Also what the f*ck are you basing this off.......the £50K u make a year trading spreads!!!!!! great times

awwww , poor kid , getting in a tizzy and swearing because he is jealous.

I base this on my superior RORC , which I am willing to bet is better than any so called bank trader.

I base this on a certified statement I have from FS that I am in the top 20% AT LEAST of their clientele .

anyway , best way to find out is for someone from the banking ( or maybe that's w......... ) world to step up .

anyime , anyday . perhaps t2w can sponsor the event , and make it a media event .

jealous of what exactly?

Robertral said:
ok, but I was talking about training and extened it to a mini poll....
my basis is experience.....if you trade from home and then talk toa city pro you will soon see how little yoy know; i.e there is alot of information and stuff to learn which you can only learn about while wokring in a good institution..

Agreed - I thought you were making a different point originally.

>>if you trade from home and then talk toa city pro you will soon see how little yoy know; i.e there is alot of >>information and stuff to learn which you can only learn about while wokring in a good institution..

is that a fact ? what "stuff " is this exactly ?

interesting on a couple of levels

dee2468 said:
hey guys im a fresh grad looking to get into trading however... i am female, rumour has it "its a mans world" and fairly difficult for a female to break into ... i am currently working as an fx dealer for a bank but what is the best way for me to progress??? and are these rumour really true in todays modern society?!?!?

If you are already in a bank working as a vanilla fx dealer , then your post confirms what I have experienced , that no matter how good you are , once they have pigeoned holed you into 1 function , you can kiss you chances of doing outright trading goodbye , even if you become employee of the year .

it's called power and ego w_______g , once they know you want something bad , they will dangle it in front of you as a bait for them to use you in another capacity for as long as you can stand it , and then they will tell you to F off .

that said , I knew of one absolutely useless prop trader who's team lost loads of money in a raging bull market , and yet she was " picked up " by a US bank immediately afters , why ? well , she was a nice piece of a##.

so don't kid yourself , sexism is alive and well in the banking world .

so , you have to ask yourself - how low are you willing to stoop to secure the job you want .