DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

As long as the 4H trend remains short, we can look to sell the rallies at plus 50% fib levels of previous swings. Or key levels of S/R.

Yesterdays trade is shown on the chart. The previous swing in this case was the high and low of the 19th. We sold aorund the 50% level. 5300 was a potential SBR area too.

There is more to this strategy tbh, but you can get the rough idea i hope. I can send you a link for the guy who devloped this stuff if you're interested.

so the FTSE hitting say 5340 on monday, retracing to say 5300 then moving past 5340 again could be deemed an alternative long bias?

i tried to post a FSTE chart, but my data differs so much from yours geo it didn't make much sense!

what vendor/platform is your chart from geo?

where is everyone?!

so geo, the FTSE made a final HL and breached the previous HH @ 5345...if my reading of the alternative bias change is correct...this is now a confirmed long bias change and 50% - 61 % retracements should be bought...

Attachments

• FTSE BIAS CHANGE 1H.png
    FTSE BIAS CHANGE 1H.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 132
bit disappointed, was going to open a Sareum (SAR) position earlier @ 0.51p

i've already procrastinated at an entry @ 0.30p back in october. aah well...

where is everyone?!

so geo, the FTSE made a final HL and breached the previous HH @ 5345...if my reading of the alternative bias change is correct...this is now a confirmed long bias change and 50% - 61 % retracements should be bought...

Hey Mate,

Yep, that's the alternative pattern, but better to follow H4 changes, rather than H1.

Will catch up tommorow.

Hey fella's, Poxy work getting in the way this week...I've got my eye on a couple of stocks that could be setting up for a swing trade...Glad to see INGG starting to behave itself, Dr. B.

ditched DISL.

was at my drawdown limit for my account (-3%) and doing absolutely sod all. soon as i sold it dropped another 7%...so quite lucky there.

anyhoo, bought raymarine @ 6.1p...i'm looking for a 10% bounce 2moro.

what do you think geo?

oil pivot (which would presumably have to be a break-out of it's 75.50 - 81.90 rangebound limit) on wk 50?

Attachments

• oil pivot dec 11.png
    oil pivot dec 11.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 109
is it too much of a risk for you to try this then mate? you working part-time and trading part time to give you a period of experimentation with trying to make a partial income from FX?

i'm quite looking forward to experimenting with this on monday! just set metatrader4 up on a demo...does anyone know if their demo data is realtime?

If I could find a decent part time job, then I would be happy to trade FX a few days a week, but I doubt I'll find one.

I was using Alpari demo, but it's stopped working for some reason, though it was realtime. I am using FX pro demo right now. At least the prices aren't manipulated as much as IG, etc. I am using ETX for SBing now. Charts are free.

Last edited:
Blix you still looking at Geo's bias diags on the FTSE ? Pos pattern 2 on 60m (also on dailies)

Blix you still looking at Geo's bias diags on the FTSE ? Pos pattern 2 on 60m (also on dailies)

bugger, can't see it to be honest mas...although i have a trendline that's been respected on the daily which would say short @ 5414

Attachments

• FTSE trendline short.png
    FTSE trendline short.png
    17 KB · Views: 101
I've put the count numbers in on one of my 60m charts for you.

Same set up on the dailies really. Again don't know if either will trigger (look for reversals on lower TF's) , will have to wait and see how they act.

Attachments

• FTSE 60M 24-11.BMP
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
Hmm the data on your daily chart looks a bit odd (not suprised you can't see the patterns). Attachment is dily FTSE using Yahoo data and IG (for comparison)

Attachments

• FTSE DAILY 24-11.PNG
    FTSE DAILY 24-11.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 110
I've put the count numbers in on one of my 60m charts for you.

Same set up on the dailies really. Again don't know if either will trigger (look for reversals on lower TF's) , will have to wait and see how they act.

aah, i see where you're at now mas...

mas, i'm shorting what i took to be a retracement of the short bias on the FTSE

keep on eye out for any pos support around 45 , next area of pos support for me would be around 30