Day Trader Stress

Richard, did you tend to get stressed before you were finally able to solve the equation ?

Salty,
Yes, I did.
Any further depth off-line please, Salty.
Have a great w/e
Richard

PS I wasn't going to mention this here on t2w, but it is actually relevant. I got the move on IPIX this afternoon and there is no way I could have sat through that gain without the method and the self discipline - am I glad I was trading this afternoon and not coaching ! ;-)))

zigglewigler said:
TheBramble
Do you eat alot of carbohydrates? Cut back, can ease depression.

So you're saying I'm too fat as well as depressed now are you...

(Right, I'm back off to bed...again...)

Sorry Bramble, I know you're a bit fragile at the moment, so I really should have chosen my words more sensitively, instead of implying your are a lardy cake.

I cut down on carbs a year ago to stabilise my blood sugar levels, the unexpected benefit was that I completely lost the blues, the stress now just never gets me down, I even laugh at my stupid trades. Alternatively this could be a sign of madness and I might soon be sectioned.

It might be a good idea to get sectioned.

You might find some great traders in there.

nice thread fellas..rare to see anyone consider the mental side of the game.. :D .

Hi everyone , I presently live in Sydney and day trade forex. I was interested in donaldduke's comment on a trading room. Is there anyone out there that knows of a trading room or how to find a trading room in London. Any one that could steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Clinty73.
The answer is obvious and right under your nose m8.

Pop into the T2W Forex room and have a chat. Normally people there from 5.30/21.00 ish gmt.

Bit quiet today because of the hols. But even a couple of us (sad) people in there earlier on.

Get to it from either the front page or mirc.

See you there.

Thanks but was really looking for someone who has an idea in regards to an actual trading room with PC and secretary's and so on. I have my own trading business for the last couple of years and even thought profitable find it very lonely (worked on a dealing floor for C for a lot of years) I heard that there is a couple of them in London were you pay for your desk (ie the cost of rent for the floor space and PC and stuff) and run your own trading business.

Am I in the right place to ask about this sort of thing or should I be looking elsewhere ??

Thanks again

There is a thread on here regarding trading rooms in England, don't know where it is though, so try a keyword search.

But if your across the other side of the world why would you be interested in physical trading rooms in England? The commuting would be a killer!

hahaha you could be right there those 25 hour plane flights really are a killer.

I trade the pound/us dollar and sitting up till 3am every night is killing me so thought that if I was living in the UK and starting trading at 8am would actually have a life outside of trading (hahah).

I have found a firm called trading connections which some one else seems to have had some experience with but as everything would be my own and don't need software really only looking for a place with other like minded traders and someone to take phone calls and stuff. I could stay trading from home but as most of you long term traders would appreciate it is a very lonely business.

All the best

Yep, Clinty73. Trading from home is a lonely game. One of the reasons why the virtual trading rooms were brought about.
The forex one is a fairly new addition and day traders to longer term swingers get in there and at all levels of experience; doesn't matter if they have been doing it for 20 years or 20 minutes.

People from all over the world too. Main lot are uk of course, but we have USA, Canadians, Australians etc. Doesn't matter where people come from. It's a good place to bounce idea's off other people and pick up bits here and there while real time trading or practising. Some people post their trades, others don't. Whatever you do is off your own bat of course.

As long as people say 'hello' when they come in it's fairly relaxed. Participation is welcome and encouraged, and the common goal is to advance our knowledge of trading and make more profitable trades than losers.

I certainly don't think I would move from a beautiful country like Australia to London just for the sake of trading the markets. 20 years ago maybe. But with the communications we have nowadays it certainly is not neccesary. As for paying for the privilege of having to travel into London and pay to sit in a room of albeit like minded people, when the only tool you lack is company? Well enough said.

Only thing we can't help you with is the secretary!

Thanks again for your help.

Maybe I just set up my own firm with a couple of other like minded people when I get there.

Have a good one.

CB

Hi
For minimizing stress I would recomment some techniques described in Linda Brandford Raschke's Trading Plan/Business Plan. She is a very succesful trader and has very interesting articles on self discipline, self excellence for traders.
Her article on Trading/Business Plan is under "Articles" on her page www.lrbgroup.com

Yet again, for me this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen on T2W, simply an abysmal thread.

Sorry but I just dont understand how anyone could be bored or so stressed it actually stops them trading or perhaps that they remain glued to the screen and cal it a problem.. are you kidding me?... is this a joke?.. do you not connect with the possibilities of WHY you are trading?..

Any person who claims to be bored trading is lost!!... they have not understood the glory that is possible in trading... they have decided to place trades and at that moment believe that is the limit of thier understanding of the markets.. their is no wanton need to improve what they did yesterday, only need to rush for instant gratification today...... LET ME TELL YOU that the best some of the best traders screen record what they do, the best even make voice/ pencil notes of their failures and successes, and review them... the best traders are involved in CANI... CONSTANT & NEVER ENDING IMPROVEMENT.. WHY? because they know that not making it means a return in many cases to the land of REMUNERATION_FOR_TIME.. and to me thats a huge killer of talent unless you are committed to what you do... (Some Doctors, politicians, Quants, Teachers, skilled labour, architects etc)

This is a wake up call to the masses... How many opportunities in life allow you to manage your own time, decide how big or small you can play and provide you with a clearly undisputed unlimited profit for potential if you get it right?..READ THAT AGAIN!!.. grow the F@:>K up you thick silly b@st@*ds you have the voice of capitalism and deliverance staring you in the face, and all Im reading here is Boredom?... too much stress (just about forgivable that one),

Next "Im so stressed..." .. you stupid pathetic fool... of course you are.. your trading in the markets.. if you cant stand the heat, dilute your trading potential unit ill you can manage it.. but dont come here asking us to sooth your pain... how utterly ridiculous... you are riding bearback on the monster called Pure economics, and that bucking bull doesnt take any idiots or suffer fools gladly .. why? because the rewards are so damned good they dwarf just about every other means of ecomnonic possibility known to man... you could run a PLC and not earn what a trader can earn.. whats wrong with you?.. thats why you stupid idiots!!.. you come here as if the markets need to adapt to you in a world wear Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for years because of his stand against selfish delusional idiotic supremacy gone mad, in a world where soldiers brave the despair of Iraq and do not know if they will come home because they are the workhorse and sacrifice necessary to meet bigots and reverse racists abroad, in a world where you can accept economics or drop out to thialand ar Africa and shun it accepting an unfair status quo and work for little remuneration day in day out because you wernt afforded the knowledge of the markets or chose to give to society in other ways.. this is a silly petulant thread full of mummies boys'

But look at the reality.. God (if thats your bag) has granted you a level relatively healthy disease free chance to learn.. a chance to enter the markets that people would literally kill you for if they could get away with it...and you come here complaining about boredom?.. you should be shot for social treason for thinking such a selfishly spoilt thing ... let the opportunity presented by life and the markets embrace you, let the markets dictate to you how alive you are, because on Monday morning youll be in a world that is so intoxicating youll experience every high and low possible to man.. the same highs and lows played out over the lifetime of many in a day.. off how rich we really already are...

It disgusts me how anyone can be bored of the markets.. if you are go get another job that suits your style and stop hassling us with you trivial crap, that does nothing to contribute to success in the markets only to deaden the vibe of many
I want success and I m prepared to dig in for the long haul for it because I see that those that made it financially made it because they were human... and I am so....wow.

Some of you know not of poverty, worst still some of you know not of yet of a life tainted with mediocrity and yet you sit bored complaining about your lot contented to watch others excel and read about them in newspapers criticizing them or be so arrogant you believe you are better without claiming any stake in the effort involved in results to back you... you believe that even vapid socialites in the press like Liz Hurely or even Posh spice got where they are because of of pure luck, failing to distinguish between effort and talent.. and more often than not it is effort NOT talent that gets you somewhere.. (e.g. MADDONA not the greatest singer in the world... some with better talent still don't make it, out of the gate),

You only live once... as we know it.
You dont have a second chance...
Idiots are prepared to blow £100K accounts when they could have done the same with £5K
Fools are prepared to claim boredom when they have not fully appreciated the position they find themselves in..
Many have yet to find themselves, let alone understand what they really want.. thats why 90% of traders fail.. long live the 90%... what a waste of their time and money because they dont have a grip on themselves and the world they live in... they help those that know what they want and appreciate what it is not to have an opportunity proper... get a bloody fix on yourselves... disgraceful... although in truth I am subject to some of the ills here so Im not saying we arnt all without issue.. just that blo@69 H877 man.. surely we have to remember where we are and why we are doing this right?... when I remind myself of that.. by golly anthing is possible... I love the markets.. I dont have to walk out the door and labour for my money.. if I learn whats going on systematically..... know what I mean?...

Paul

Last edited:
Yet again, for me this is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever seen on T2W, simply an abysmal thread.

Sorry but I just dont understand how anyone could be bored or so stressed it actually stops them trading or perhaps that they remain glued to the screen and cal it a problem.. are you kidding me?... is this a joke?.. do you not connect with the possibilities of WHY you are trading?..

Any person who claims to be bored trading is lost!!... they have not understood the glory that is possible in trading... they have decided to place trades and at that moment believe that is the limit of thier understanding of the markets.. their is no wanton need to improve what they did yesterday, only need to rush for instant gratification today...... LET ME TELL YOU that the best some of the best traders screen record what they do, the best even make voice/ pencil notes of their failures and successes, and review them... the best traders are involved in CANI... CONSTANT & NEVER ENDING IMPROVEMENT.. WHY? because they know that not making it means a return in many cases to the land of REMUNERATION_FOR_TIME.. and to me thats a huge killer of talent unless you are committed to what you do... (Some Doctors, politicians, Quants, Teachers, skilled labour, architects etc)

This is a wake up call to the masses... How many opportunities in life allow you to manage your own time, decide how big or small you can play and provide you with a clearly undisputed unlimited profit for potential if you get it right?..READ THAT AGAIN!!.. grow the F@:>K up you thick silly b@st@*ds you have the voice of capitalism and deliverance staring you in the face, and all Im reading here is Boredom?... too much stress (just about forgivable that one),

Next "Im so stressed..." .. you stupid pathetic fool... of course you are.. your trading in the markets.. if you cant stand the heat, dilute your trading potential unit ill you can manage it.. but dont come here asking us to sooth your pain... how utterly ridiculous... you are riding bearback on the monster called Pure economics, and that bucking bull doesnt take any idiots or suffer fools gladly .. why? because the rewards are so damned good they dwarf just about every other means of ecomnonic possibility known to man... you could run a PLC and not earn what a trader can earn.. whats wrong with you?.. thats why you stupid idiots!!.. you come here as if the markets need to adapt to you in a world wear Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for years because of his stand against selfish delusional idiotic supremacy gone mad, in a world where soldiers brave the despair of Iraq and do not know if they will come home because they are the workhorse and sacrifice necessary to meet bigots and reverse racists abroad, in a world where you can accept economics or drop out to thialand ar Africa and shun it accepting an unfair status quo and work for little remuneration day in day out because you wernt afforded the knowledge of the markets or chose to give to society in other ways.. this is a silly petulant thread full of mummies boys'

But look at the reality.. God (if thats your bag) has granted you a level relatively healthy disease free chance to learn.. a chance to enter the markets that people would literally kill you for if they could get away with it...and you come here complaining about boredom?.. you should be shot for social treason for thinking such a selfishly spoilt thing ... let the opportunity presented by life and the markets embrace you, let the markets dictate to you how alive you are, because on Monday morning youll be in a world that is so intoxicating youll experience every high and low possible to man.. the same highs and lows played out over the lifetime of many in a day.. off how rich we really already are...

It disgusts me how anyone can be bored of the markets.. if you are go get another job that suits your style and stop hassling us with you trivial crap, that does nothing to contribute to success in the markets only to deaden the vibe of many
I want success and I m prepared to dig in for the long haul for it because I see that those that made it financially made it because they were human... and I am so....wow.

Some of you know not of poverty, worst still some of you know not of yet of a life tainted with mediocrity and yet you sit bored complaining about your lot contented to watch others excel and read about them in newspapers criticizing them or be so arrogant you believe you are better without claiming any stake in the effort involved in results to back you... you believe that even vapid socialites in the press like Liz Hurely or even Posh spice got where they are because of of pure luck, failing to distinguish between effort and talent.. and more often than not it is effort NOT talent that gets you somewhere.. (e.g. MADDONA not the greatest singer in the world... some with better talent still don't make it, out of the gate),

You only live once... as we know it.
You dont have a second chance...
Idiots are prepared to blow £100K accounts when they could have done the same with £5K
Fools are prepared to claim boredom when they have not fully appreciated the position they find themselves in..
Many have yet to find themselves, let alone understand what they really want.. thats why 90% of traders fail.. long live the 90%... what a waste of their time and money because they dont have a grip on themselves and the world they live in... they help those that know what they want and appreciate what it is not to have an opportunity proper... get a bloody fix on yourselves... disgraceful... although in truth I am subject to some of the ills here so Im not saying we arnt all without issue.. just that blo@69 H877 man.. surely we have to remember where we are and why we are doing this right?... when I remind myself of that.. by golly anthing is possible... I love the markets.. I dont have to walk out the door and labour for my money.. if I learn whats going on systematically..... know what I mean?...

Paul

I like it!

Touch of the Jimmy Porter in there too.

i know a lad at uni who does a bit of day trading, and makes around 70pts a week. When i was talking to him once he was saying he just sits there getting stoned when he's in trades... Everyone has there own little ways of dealing with stress i guess lol....

Yeah it was a bit of a rant by me people sorry if it was a bit ott.. but I did enjoy getting it all out.. it was a cathartic experience....