Day Trader Stress

Not quite sure why you needed to write War and Peace in response to a thread that has been dead for three years, but maybe you were stressed at the time ;)

... Dude.. & you still came here read it and posted a reply years later didn't you?...

What does work

I am so frustrated looking to find someting that works. I have found a day trading website which seems to have very good signal results. What I need to know is can that be possible to get the same results as these guys do?

Anyone out there that has signed up with them?

http://www.trader-signals.eu/tradesignals/signalproducts.htm

Would appriecate some feedback.

Not quite sure why you needed to write War and Peace in response to a thread that has been dead for three years, but maybe you were stressed at the time ;)

His real name is Rip Van Winkle. He's so bored he just woke up to tell us how good a time he's had. But it was all a dream.......Back to sleep, Sleepy Head!:p

I am so frustrated looking to find someting that works. I have found a day trading website which seems to have very good signal results. What I need to know is can that be possible to get the same results as these guys do?

Anyone out there that has signed up with them?

http://www.trader-signals.eu/tradesignals/signalproducts.htm

Would appriecate some feedback.
dont know about the one you have posted but a lot of traders i have came across swear by this one with a one off payment of about $320. havnt tried myself, they say it take about a week to get used to it. all imo. dyor.

http://www.scalpersoftware.com/

Last edited:
my opnion is stay away. Even if it did work why base your success on someone elses work that you don't understand? They won't be there to hold your hand forever...

Thanks anyway

dont know about the one you have posted but a lot of traders i have came across swear by this one with a one off payment of about $320. havnt tried myself, they say it take about a week to get used to it. all imo. dyor.

http://www.scalpersoftware.com/

I think you missed my point, I already have CFD's software and charts with Etrade. Which doesn't cost anything. I don't really like the idea having to pay for charts or extra software until I can make a living out of it first.

I think you missed my point, I already have CFD's software and charts with Etrade. Which doesn't cost anything. I don't really like the idea having to pay for charts or extra software until I can make a living out of it first.

this is software that overlays your charts giving signals similar to the one you have posted. it seems well tried and web search would answer all.

Any day trader experts out there?

my opnion is stay away. Even if it did work why base your success on someone elses work that you don't understand? They won't be there to hold your hand forever...

Generally I agree with you. But I am so frustated not trading since, I'm sure you know, when the markets were not good for trendy long markets. Anyway with their results I thought it could be a good way to try out day trading on a demo account. Plus it does save time having to filter out the good moves.
I have seen a few videos on day trading and there goals are only 50 cents. The stops are at about 20. Well often the spread is bigger as 20 so how is that going to work? :eek:

I will have a trial run after holidays and fill you in on how it went, pros and cons.

Really?

this is software that overlays your charts giving signals similar to the one you have posted. it seems well tried and web search would answer all.

Sounds interesting. I did look at the website, but I didn't see that it could utilise all chart software. Most other signal software only can work with metastock, or tradestation software etc.
I take a closer look again. :idea:

Just took a look again, it is trading Futures not stocks which was what I was interested in. But nevertheless it really doesn't have much information on it at all to confirm what you were saying. The website is more interested in sell a course. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
noticed that you trade with e trade, someone on other board said that margins were going up this week. 10% was the figure they put up for stocks.

Margin, Etrade and Stock scan software

noticed that you trade with e trade, someone on other board said that margins were going up this week. 10% was the figure they put up for stocks.

If margins go up 10% that doesn't worry me so long as the fees don't go up. What I find interesting is with the CFD's account they also have stock scaning software at no extra cost. But I guess I would be paying for it in order at $17

Re: Dreams

TheBramble:

Some of the latest theories on sleep see the REM period and dreaming as a time where we can release unexpressed emotions arising from our actions and thought from the previous day.

So for example if you had a blazing row with your wife before going to sleep BUT got everything off your chest, you would probably have a sound dreamless nights sleep.

However when trading we're confronted with so many emotions that cannot always be expressed. As such we might get overloaded and our brain needs to release or act out the emotions during sleep in a dream.

Sleeping lots doesn't necessarily mean you are depressed, but its a similar process. Depressed people often have negative ruminations and go over negative events and thoughts in their head, creating unexpressed emotions. Depressed people often sleep a significant amount and wake up feeling shattered, because there's too much for the brain to deal with during sleep.

Basically as you've said, it's your brains way of sorting itself out. Having a more balanced life. As already suggested, leading a more balanced life is the best solution. The right "balance" depends on our own personality type.

"stress" is defined as being in a situation where that exceeds your ability or perceived ability to cope. This is different to the obvious excitement of feeling in control leading to the almost zen like state of 'flow' where you feel totally in control of the situation.

When it comes to anxiety there a few steps you can take. Albert Ellis has written some good stuff on this topic. He talks about there being 12 common irrational thoughts that lead to anxiety and unhappiness.

Basically we're usually guilty of the following:
1. ignoring the positive,
2. exaggerating the negative, and
3. overgeneralizing.

Some of the 12 most relevant to trading are:

5. The idea that if something is or may be dangerous or fearsome we should be terribly upset and endlessly obsess about it -- instead of the idea that one would better frankly face it and render it non-dangerous and, when that is not possible, accept the inevitable.

6. The idea that it is easier to avoid than to face life difficulties and self-responsibilities -- instead of the idea that the so-called easy way is usually much harder in the long run.

8. The idea that we should be thoroughly competent, intelligent, and achieving in all possible respects -- instead of the idea that we would better do rather than always need to do well and accept ourself as a quite imperfect creature, who has general human limitations and specific fallibilities.

9. The idea that because something once strongly affected our life, it should indefinitely affect it -- instead of the idea that we can learn from our past experiences but not be overly-attached to or prejudiced by them.

10. The idea that we must have certain and perfect control over things -- instead of the idea that the world is full of probability and chance and that we can still enjoy life despite this.

Have a look at:
http://www.mindtools.com/
http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/ellis.html

Hope that helps

Dave

bump.. :)

I plan my trades out, set my TP / SL and then walk away. I find it's the best way otherwise human emotion could get in the way of sound trading discipline.

Just wondered how other day traders deal with the inherent stress (good and bad) of putting on trades.
I find that as soon as i put on a trade i am glued to the screen which is good and bad as some trades take time
If you are looking for a specific level often the tick to tick movements drive you mad but it is very difficult to relax and walk away even with limits and stops in place
I find myself nipping outside for too many fags, not because i want one but just because it is something else to do...........i'm not allowed to smoke in the house!
Perusing boards such as this help but the temptation is to flick back every few seconds

Anyone else experience this or am i going slowly mad

Splash

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/21064-how-stress-can-ruin-your-trading.html

Day trading is gambling!

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/23/opinions/addicted-to-gambling-slot-machines/

You say Day trading is gambling like its a bad thing. We all know its gambling, whats that got to do with anything? All trading is gambling and some of us make a good living doing it. I suppose you think that putting money into the markets is "investing" LOL

You say Day trading is gambling like its a bad thing. We all know its gambling, whats that got to do with anything? All trading is gambling and some of us make a good living doing it. I suppose you think that putting money into the markets is "investing" LOL

If trading is backed by fundamental price drivers , it is not gambling .

There are so many threads negative about day trading , it was time to ask why is there no successful day trader in the popularity of George Sorros , Jim Symons etc.

Trading is a zero sum game and day trading is a negative sum game.The only people making money out of it is brokers.

If it was profitable to day trade , brokers would hire people to trade with broker's capital.