Day trader advice/tips

Andrewt84

Hi Guys

For those who spread bet in the day, what do you look for in a stock or indices?

Do you spend 10-20 min on 1 stock then move to another stock or indices?

Do you look look for a stock or indices climbing or declining the fastest?

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Guys

For those who spread bet in the day, what do you look for in a stock or indices?

Cheers
Andrew

I think this depends on age and how many monitors you have, etc. I do most of my trading between Footsie and Dax, mostly the former. I think that the younger one is, the more instruments he watches, simply brecause he is younger and can, but for me, there is no real need.

Have a look in the vending section on the site, plenty people selling the dream man...... And click a few links to the left and up.

Good luck.

Watch your pricing on spread betting, you might find CFDs better.

As long as you have a clear strategy and maintain your discipline, you’ll do fine with 10-20 mins on each stock.

Looking at what’s declining the fastest, not sure if speed is a necessary consideration – but yes, I look for trends (amongst other factors).

Hi Guys

Cheers
Andrew

I tend to keep looking at the same 5-10 different stocks, that way I get to know those stocks rather than keep looking at different ones.

I look for patterns, key support levels for each of those and also look for whether these levels are breached.