Day Trade the FTSE

Seems a fair amount of support at this point..

Attachments

• ftse.JPG
    ftse.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 165
catch a little bit I hope :LOL: :LOL:

collected some points in the morning .. but closed for zero in the trade above .. it spent most of the day out of the money .. I missed many trading opportunities because I was sitting in losing trade all day .. there must be a cure for this .. but not sure what it is :LOL:

collected some points in the morning .. but closed for zero in the trade above .. it spent most of the day out of the money .. I missed many trading opportunities because I was sitting in losing trade all day .. there must be a cure for this .. but not sure what it is :LOL:

Just get periods like this, :(

I think the only thing you can do is cut em short and wait for your signals to come good again, they will if your methods sound.

I just check my method and well check I traded my plan live at the market. I think we all cheat a bit , which is OK if we are rockin, but no so good if we are not :!:

I read somewhere that a good trade goes well straight away and I have found this to be true more often than not, I stick that at front of my mind if I am having a sticky patch, dont get me wrong I take my signals in my timeframe etc but my soft stop becomes my hard stop and I re-enter if required and pay the spread

UNTIL I ROCK AGAIN :p :cheesy: :LOL: :D

When Iv done all that I usually decide its my method thats rubbish :eek:
Im a bit daft and I can"t think of a better one so I keep using it and improving it a bit at a time :idea:

Thanks Ian & Split (trend line & pointing right direction reminder) I new that , I new that I did honest I did :rolleyes:

I just forgot again :(

Hey where is Split, hows your swing trading going :?:

Ian that leval 2 thing you posted, are you supposed to use those, I mean its not cheating is it :?: Where do you get them and do they work :?: :idea: Do the SB firms let you use them :LOL:

Got to go little buy on the Dow I think :cool: Breach of rules :devilish: No trades on Dow arrrrhhh

Not being wise a#### I dont trade for a living only part time in the mornings, I find following the plan easier that way. That is till I start ROCKIN, when Iv been ROCKIN for 2 straight years then I might give it a go full time ;)

Last edited:
Seems a fair amount of support at this point..

So with DOW at new highs - whither the FTSE?
Seems like a test of FTSE highs is on the cards..see attached charts..
buy the dips - scale out of longs if nearing the highs..wait n see for reaction at highs..
(that's my strategy for near term - unless subsequent price action dictates otherwise:rolleyes: )

Well FTSE turned back at resistance (6570 cash) - if US mkts turn south in dramatic fashion - after the BIG rally - the DIP could be as low as 6320 (cash) - without spoiling the BULLISH view -
back to watching for the right entry -
oil, gold, Euro all weaker -

Well FTSE turned back at resistance (6570 cash) - if US mkts turn south in dramatic fashion - after the BIG rally - the DIP could be as low as 6320 (cash) - without spoiling the BULLISH view -

looking back on today .. short was the way to go .. makes sense, profits were likely to be taken from a nice (if unspectacular) bull run yesterday ..

So how is it the bullish move yesterday infected my brain so that I could not consider a short today??... it's all so obvious in retrospect :rolleyes: :LOL:

looking back on today .. short was the way to go .. makes sense, profits were likely to be taken from a nice (if unspectacular) bull run yesterday ..

So how is it the bullish move yesterday infected my brain so that I could not consider a short today??... it's all so obvious in retrospect :rolleyes: :LOL:

Whats the old brain say today :?:

Shortorlong any pref :LOL: :LOL:

Whats the old brain say today :?:

Shortorlong any pref :LOL: :LOL:

the old brain said don't trade in the first 5 minutes .. I waited for a short this morning, scalped a few, now flat .. thinking about going long soon ..:confused: but will I push the button? -- watching for a stochs cross below the 25 line

the old brain said don't trade in the first 5 minutes .. I waited for a short this morning, scalped a few, now flat .. thinking about going long soon ..:confused: but will I push the button? -- watching for a stochs cross below the 25 line

waitin for the 1 st hr to click over, news things @ 9:30 so prob wait till after them :?:

Long could be way to go , but dont like ftse keep going under last weeks high ?

thnk ftse getting bit excited here Dow still on yest Low with SB firms :?:

out 28 - 3.5 full :(

bad luck - when you went short had just gone long for the second time .. my first "sucked in" trade (no signals) just lucky it worked out, but only collected a few points.

Earlier I did hit the buy button but closed shaken out, again for a few points

the next signal for me will be short .. but can't shake off this crazy long bias at the moment

think I'll take a break (probably miss my signal -

ooops there it is
- short 23 .. now watch me crash and burn