day trade 2 swing trade?

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Dec 13, 2004
Aberdeen
Oh no, it's ok, i dont mind being humbled, well as long as it doesn't happen to often (can't be good for my self-esteem - he he). As for the books, i have just bought four of them that got good reviews on amazon. I have just started to read the first one today by a "Toni Turner"?. You see, i have always had a strong interest in the markets, am good with numbers. I always wanted to be an original floor trader, but as that job is well pretty much extinct, I think day trading could hopefully be a career for me.

What about you, is trading a full/part time job or just a hobby.

I know that there is plenty money to be made if your good/lucky. Hopefully i will be (either one, I'm dont mind).

Nov 19, 2004
Marietta, Ohio
Just thought that I would add my two cents.

I never was good at scalping, so my daytrades focus around support/resistance and MACD confirmations. I added comments on the attached chart to show how I view the market activity during the day to determine good entries and exits.

Hope this helps.

Charles

Attachments

Roberto

Aug 28, 2004
uk
spookygr said:
Ok , well, i guess its back to the drawing board for me, I thought i might have been onto something there. Thanks for the input everyone. Its been helpfull, well humbling at least ; )
Sorry if it's been "humbling"! That wasn't the intention of my post at all. In any case, you are really coming across as a brave realist by saying "Back to the drawing board". Many people make the mistake of not saying that. Good luck to you.