Dax

firewalker99 said:
could you explain some more your chart plz?

I tend to think that traders in the DAX "take notice" of what one might call "standard" S/R levels. Perhaps more so than in the ER2 for instance. By "standard S/R levels, I mean pivots, market profile levels, developing market profile levels and VWAP. This is not to say that one can make a profitable strategy just from this. Rather that it is just one more piece of the puzzle.

By developing market profile levels, I mean the upper and lower value areas calculated up to that point in the session. I've attached a chart - each bar 1000 contracts wide.

Horizontal blue lines: Market profile upper and lower value areas

Wiggly blue lines: developing MP upper and lower value areas

Black horizontal line: Pivot: P
Horizontal red line: Pivot R1, R2 etc
Horizontal green line: Pivot S1, S2 etc
Horizontal orange line: Yesterdays VWAP
Black wiggly line: Developing VWAP
Pink lines: MP POC and Price with maximum volume

Sometimes you get better examples than this. I think the fall from VWAP on the 21 st is quite illustrative.

Messy chart, but sometimes I curse myself if I leave some of these off.

Attachments

• dax_1000contracts.png
    dax_1000contracts.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 193
dax charts

May seem like a stupid question, but anybody knows where you can find free charts of European indices on larger time frame (like 5 or 10 years)?

I'm looking for something similar like prophetnet provides for US equities etc...

firewalker99 said:
May seem like a stupid question, but anybody knows where you can find free charts of European indices on larger time frame (like 5 or 10 years)?

I'm looking for something similar like prophetnet provides for US equities etc...

try www.prorealtime.com free for eod

Dax Trading

Yes.. for a couple of years!
What about you?
What time frame do you use?
MD-doc

Attachments

• 04 - Dax daily - 230206 - Eod - Wedge & Tl & OBS.PNG
    04 - Dax daily - 230206 - Eod - Wedge & Tl & OBS.PNG
    112.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 05 - Dax 60min - 230206 - Eod - PF -Horiz TLs & CCI PF.PNG
    05 - Dax 60min - 230206 - Eod - PF -Horiz TLs & CCI PF.PNG
    130.7 KB · Views: 155
Pat494 said:
Just guessing really but I expect the US markets are more likely to be affected by the Iranian situation. Madandbad seems determined to get the bomb - what a waste of money and effort but he seems determined to be the "big boy" on the block . Childish imho !!

Perhaps ....... he has very little choice.... ?

Either he puts up some sort of fight/defence trying to defend his country from burglars/invaders

OR

He invites them into his living room and gives lets them take everything he has... :|

=========================================================================

Dax CASH
Strong inside day after high appears to signal more strength and less than 20ots to new highs - that's exactly what we should expect. Puzzled as to why Friday did not break 7000 in cash as it was easy to do....

I may tickle dax but a bit high to buy really. Not as good value as Dow which is about 150 below highs - i.e more to gain if market remains bullish...

In fact the divergence sets up a nice little arbitrage between europe and US as alluded to by Catracho in earlier post ... Both price levels can't be right .......at least it appears not to make sense....... Dax easy short for "trigger happy" bears which is usually bullish ... but .... you never know... :cheesy:

Last edited:
Still Up-Momentum

Still Up-Momentum…!

Dax Futures continues its way up, probably to 7043, and later to 7179.

For the morning, it was halted by prior week’s High at 7026.5
If you look at the Dax Cash stock composition you will see that the BEARS are PREDOMINANT, meaning that shorting 7022 level at 10:00 CET would be a very probable trade.
Don’t ever neglect to establish a Stop Loss that you can afford +

Good Trading,
MD-doc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB – Watch the beautiful dance of the Dax right under the lower Median Line (L-MLH). Its breakout will reveal the beginning of an up-sloping move.

Attachments

• Dax 15min - 260206 - 1000hrs - S&R TLs -  PF & RSI.png
    Dax 15min - 260206 - 1000hrs - S&R TLs - PF & RSI.png
    161 KB · Views: 168
Still Up-Momentum

Dax Futures jumped at 10:15 CET to 7041.5, just short of 1.5 pts from the 7043 target.
By observing the 5- & 15-min charts we can see the halting parameters that induced the temporary halt (Confluence, 75% Fibs line, R2 daily floor pivot & monthly pivot, etc...

Hope this helps!
MD-doc

Attachments

• Dax 5min - 260206 - 1055hrs - Confluence - S&R TLs -  PF & RSI.png
    Dax 5min - 260206 - 1055hrs - Confluence - S&R TLs - PF & RSI.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Dax 15min - 260206 - 1055hrs - S&R TLs -  PF & RSI.png
    Dax 15min - 260206 - 1055hrs - S&R TLs - PF & RSI.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 159
Who is leading the Dance... The Bund, EuroStoxx or Dax?

The Question is … Who is leading… the dance?
Bund, EuroStoxx or Dax…!

Hope this helps!
MD-doc

Attachments

• Bund 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R & Vol.png
    Bund 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R & Vol.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 139
  • EuroStoxx 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R TLs -  PF & CCI.png
    EuroStoxx 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R TLs - PF & CCI.png
    56 KB · Views: 133
  • Dax 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R TLs -  PF & RSI.png
    Dax 5min - 260206 - 1130hrs - S&R TLs - PF & RSI.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Dax 5min - 260206 - 1135hrs - Confl & PF --S&R & RSI.png
    Dax 5min - 260206 - 1135hrs - Confl & PF --S&R & RSI.png
    174 KB · Views: 133
Hi guys, i m trading dax with proactivefutures and ftse.
didn't find many websites or forum of people who trade dax.
hi to all then
i m scalping the dax, which broker did u find best and with lowest spread?(futures all the same but also spreadbetting or other instruments)

Slapshot said:
I agree firewalker, the european indexes usually go step for step with the US but not at present, interesting to note that the Nikkei Dow is also holding it's position.

Alphatrader said:
So the Dow falls 100 points over the last few days and yet the Dax is still reattempting its assault on 7000.... this market wants to go up, the only logical trade is to buy here so why is it so difficult to do so?

Hi guys, I shorted from US open and again good for some nice points, although yet again DAX seems it wants to keep at the high levels, where DOW is much weaker... :!:

longtimetrader said:
Hi guys, i m trading dax with proactivefutures and ftse.
didn't find many websites or forum of people who trade dax.
hi to all then
i m scalping the dax, which broker did u find best and with lowest spread?(futures all the same but also spreadbetting or other instruments)

how much do you scalp around then? I'm assuming you prefer certain time periods intraday? us open probably... February's had some extremely dull periods ...

Yes US mkts underperforming relative to Europe for last few days...is this sucking in short sellers?? Very tempting to short DAX..but holding off..gut instinct says we get another run higher on all markets...

catracho said:
Yes US mkts underperforming relative to Europe for last few days...is this sucking in short sellers?? Very tempting to short DAX..but holding off..gut instinct says we get another run higher on all markets...

I got a short from 7050, but gut feeling tells me the same catracho... but you have to say, of all US markets DOW shows more weakness than the others... NDX still going around the highs... ER2 has broken above 820 which was resistance and managed to climb higher last week almost every day...

Edit: picture on nq becoming weaker now...

Last edited:
MD-doc said:
The Question is … Who is leading… the dance?
Bund, EuroStoxx or Dax…!

Hope this helps!
MD-doc

Hi, interesting charts, I like the ones with volume most to be honest.
But what about the last couple of charts, I lost sight of the trees because of all those lines to be honest :confused: do you have any short-term views on dax (this week, this month)...? or do you ignore larger timeframe and trade of intraday moves? what factor is most important then when you analyze dax using those charts?

Well there you go! Blink and the Dax is down 100 points.....

Shanghai down 9%, Dow down 70 already, FTSE and Dax down almost 100.

Will those buyers who have bought all those dips recently jump back in?

Has anyone here bought yet?

its about time something happened!

Alpha, where could one find intraday data on the shanghai index/market?

Cheers

Alphatrader said:
Well there you go! Blink and the Dax is down 100 points.....

Shanghai down 9%, Dow down 70 already, FTSE and Dax down almost 100.

Will those buyers who have bought all those dips recently jump back in?

Has anyone here bought yet?

Unfortunately this time I have bought yes, seems like trying to catch a falling knife though, but we are on a support level....

Attachments

• dax_support.png
    dax_support.png
    18 KB · Views: 168