Dax

Pas du tout....I think that's right

Dinos said:
Hello all, any objections if I join the discussions, have some time on my hands for the next 6-8 weeks,

Your input helped make me some more money this week so .........glad to have you Dinos!

Dinos said:
Hello all, any objections if I join the discussions, have some time on my hands for the next 6-8 weeks,

Join in by all means and let's hear some thoughts :D

Hey Hookshot,

How prophetic your words were!

ASX at new all time highs, powering through 6k. Was short at 61 last night, covered on the open at 74 which was damn lucky.... geez, even with the Dow down 50 and BHP down on the day, it still ends the day up 1% to a new high! What strength.

Wonder if Europe will bounce back tonight? Dax 7000 anyone?

Alphatrader said:
Hey Hookshot,

How prophetic your words were!

ASX at new all time highs, powering through 6k. Was short at 61 last night, covered on the open at 74 which was damn lucky.... geez, even with the Dow down 50 and BHP down on the day, it still ends the day up 1% to a new high! What strength.

Wonder if Europe will bounce back tonight? Dax 7000 anyone?

Why thank you kind sir.... :p
Dax clearly had a bad wed but is only 65 or so from new highs..... as you know dax can be like a whirlwind so anything's poss... We need to see follow through to the downside and it looks like that won't happen today - in the early going at least..

Yep, there goes the Dax again, up 40 points already basis cash.... you just cant be short in this market. If the US opens higher we'll definately see 7000 today...... what a market.

Alphatrader said:
Yep, there goes the Dax again, up 40 points already basis cash.... you just cant be short in this market. If the US opens higher we'll definately see 7000 today...... what a market.

It sure is :eek:

Attachments

• dax1day.JPG
    dax1day.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 147
On your chart FW it looks like the Volume in diverging with price. It seemd like Dax is running on fumes

Looks like the bull run set to continue for a while, 7K should be broken sooner rather than later; what the bears need is an exhaustive move up rather than the slow grind to at least get a decent correction (points rather than time - long overdue)!! Bulls will be happy with the slow grind up; with the bears fueling the fire by trying to pick tops! Yeseterdays fall was pretty normal for Dax, since Dec corrections have been few and short lived...

Thanks to rsponders,

Hokshot, needs to be said with the right accent though!! Je l'espoir tu pouvoir aider, Au revoir.

Dinos said:
Thanks to rsponders,

Hokshot, needs to be said with the right accent though!! Je l'espoir tu pouvoir aider, Au revoir.

Sorry to be a pain, but not only right accent, but also right grammar then
"J'espère pouvoir 't aider, au revoir." sounds more like it :p

Now back to DAX... we were extremely slow off the start today, but climbing higher. But 7015's been rejected now... so I would think more downside for the short term, but that's what I thought yesterday, the day before, last week,... and look what's happening... :|

I trade DAX intra day during Europe morning session. I do not recall a month like Februrary over the last 1 year where we had so many dull days in a raw.

But as one wise person said, being flat is also a position.

RedDuke said:
I trade DAX intra day during Europe morning session. I do not recall a month like Februrary over the last 1 year where we had so many dull days in a raw.

But as one wise person said, being flat is also a position.

I'm glad you feel the same way, I can't recall having this kind of low volatility or dull days for a very very long time.

To break the boredom, here is a vaguely interesting chart of todays session. The blue line is the developing market profile lower value area. Significant ? I dunno.

Attachments

• dax_3minute.png
    dax_3minute.png
    16 KB · Views: 136
dcraig1 said:
To break the boredom, here is a vaguely interesting chart of todays session. The blue line is the developing market profile lower value area. Significant ? I dunno.

could you explain some more your chart plz?

btw, I'm finding it very odd that dax isn't moving lower while dow is plunging 100pts... I was short both, at least one of them was profitable

firewalker99 said:
could you explain some more your chart plz?

btw, I'm finding it very odd that dax isn't moving lower while dow is plunging 100pts... I was short both, at least one of them was profitable

Dax maybe saying this slide is not genuine ....... at least not yet...
Spx is quite reslient too must be oil stock related ??

firewalker99 said:

I agree firewalker, the european indexes usually go step for step with the US but not at present, interesting to note that the Nikkei Dow is also holding it's position.

Dax also struggled breaking through 7000 positively today

yes either the Dow is a buy here - or the DAX / FTSE is a sell !! Simple !! :cheesy:

however can't help feeling that this down move is a fake out enticing in the shorts...let's see what Friday brings..

So the Dow falls 100 points over the last few days and yet the Dax is still reattempting its assault on 7000.... this market wants to go up, the only logical trade is to buy here so why is it so difficult to do so?

Just guessing really but I expect the US markets are more likely to be affected by the Iranian situation. Madandbad seems determined to get the bomb - what a waste of money and effort but he seems determined to be the "big boy" on the block . Childish imho !!