DAX Trading Aug 6th - 10th

Was one of those should I do it ?? and I didn't. I see the more experienced Dax guys on here have grabbed some points....good job. Oh well, back to oil for the moment. Good Luck everyone

in retrospect it was a very good risk to reward, depending on when you took the trade. i should have done it last night but was tired and not with it. really it was all about the 400 level for me.

where to go from here? any suggestions?

mine is a push back to 330/350 then down i expect some sideways till either us open or 300 go's hard.

Was one of those should I do it ?? and I didn't. I see the more experienced Dax guys on here have grabbed some points....good job. Oh well, back to oil for the moment. Good Luck everyone

I have watched this set up a few times when dax has just not dropped & US has. It was a very very lucky 100 points. Def taking candy from a baby.

Onto oil do you trade light crude?

yeah i took a ton over night too. Like you say... easy money. Looks like a pretty crap day for trading. Had a scalp for +7pts ofter costs. Made some great profits in £ terms, so i'm gonna sit this one out unless it really starts moving. This week i've reached my reached a milestone in regards to stake size, so next week it's £40pp. Thats when it will all go wrong for me lol

Kevin Kevin Kevin

Kevin

My BIGGEST mistake was trading too much pp. Please be careful I have lost my shirt several times doing this. I am now back to a lot smaller stakes & feel much happier & safer.

Just take care

i increase my stake by £1 for every £3000 i make. It's not as if i've just got a grand in there.

dax bid

out and about and the G3 signal gone on my laptop...could someone post current dax bid please.......with a time the bid was taken....thanks

Kevin

I thought you sounded like you have good money management.

Dax 7332 @ 11.22

01. ECB provides further EUR61B to boost liquidity
5:51 AM ET, Aug 10, 2007 @ 10.50am

That is what is stopping the Dax dropping much at the moment. Dow just cam off 70 points Dax not much at all.

rumour has it..........

George "i broke the bank of england" Soros is looking for a newtrader at quantum....Kev it's got your name written all over it ! up 6000 points net at £20 a point to an impressive £120k on account. Impressed as I'm sure Soros will be when you slap your trading records down in front of him.... get on the plane to NY...time waits for no man.

thanks............

rustic1 for the update.......much appreciated

Kevin

I thought you sounded like you have good money management.

Dax 7332 @ 11.22

01. ECB provides further EUR61B to boost liquidity
5:51 AM ET, Aug 10, 2007 @ 10.50am

That is what is stopping the Dax dropping much at the

moment. Dow just cam off 70 points Dax not much at all.

Soros?

edit to say. I just geared my way up :) Plus the SPMIB throws hundereds of points at me on a daily basis

Dax - the odd one out

Can anyone see the order book for the DAX futures? The implied cash has been rock solid at around 7330 while the rest of the world indices have been making new lows. It looks like some entity is trying to limit the rate at which the DAX falls.

ECB has pumped in huge amounts for the 2nd day. I can not see them letting this drop too much. Poss 7000 maximum.

I wander if Fed will pump in more later as ECB & Asia have both propped up the markets.

Problem is how much to support the US markets.

resiliant dax?

Hi Guys follow this thread with interest.

Just my 2 cents worth on the dax being resiliant at the moment. YM is 6.99 % down from the recent high 4 weeks ago and dax futures are 10.77 % down from its most recent high. That appears to be a big variance atm and maybe why it can afford to sit there and watch what happens in the US.

The flip side is if the US were to turn back up with that kind of variance then any dax rises should be pretty strong.

There again I could be completely wrong , it has been known .

Also the dax is at an important 0 % fib. line ( the low of 11/05/07 ) it bounced off it almost to the point this morning maybe it is just wanted to be first to test the waters at that level. Bulls will not want to concede here easily as below that all I can see is freefall.

There again I could be completely wrong , it has been known. :LOL:

ouch...

Dax not doing much thus far....little bit too volatile for me at the moment...on the sidelines. Had a small oil trade..nothing to write home about either.

Good luck to anyone involved...

same here. I think i might stay out for a week or so untill this horse **** blows over a bit. Got a few things on my plate at the moment, and other systems i want to test. Might as well test them now whiles the markets are playing silly buggers....

Was anyone else sort on the SPMIB sept contracts? I'ts over 1000pts down. If you were in you should od had at least 700pts easy...