DAX Trading Aug 6th - 10th

aye :)

edit to say... profit is 42pts so far, but after spreads etc net profit +34 at 20GBP per point. I'm calling it a day now. The easiest 680 quid i've ever made lol

aye :)

edit to say... profit is 42pts so far, but after spreads etc net profit +34 at 20GBP per point. I'm calling it a day now. The easiest 680 quid i've ever made lol

Great !

What made you take the long at 1500 though? Dont see that tying on with the stoch at a buy point ? :confused:

i should of gone on the one at 1500, i just wanted to see what would happen if you tried to ride the wave in between 90 and 10 if you see what i mean?

edit to say, i did that one trying 8 as a filter which it crossed
edit again... 'shouldn't'

Last edited:
evening DAX futures

Any ideas why the DAX has become so stable on the evenings when the US markets are tanking?

We saw the DAX futures remaining almost unchanged during last friday night's big sell off and today we're starting to see something similar today.

A couple of weeks ago, the DAX futures would have been all over the place in reaction to such moves from the US.

Any ideas why the DAX has become so stable on the evenings when the US markets are tanking?

We saw the DAX futures remaining almost unchanged during last friday night's big sell off and today we're starting to see something similar today.

A couple of weeks ago, the DAX futures would have been all over the place in reaction to such moves from the US.

I've noticed that too....strange goings on tonight with Dax:rolleyes:
Dow down another 100 pts since 7pm and Dax ain't budged....

Bit confused here ....

I've noticed that too....strange goings on tonight with Dax:rolleyes:
Dow down another 100 pts since 7pm and Dax ain't budged....
What's the plan for Dax .... anybody
Wait for the lows friday and ride it up or take the relatively risky(?) short from here..... or wait and see what happens early tomorrow ?? With a bit of luck we'll here someone like Deutsche Bank is havin' problems.... who knows ?

Wait for the lows friday and ride it up or take the relatively risky(?) short from here..... or wait and see what happens early tomorrow ?? With a bit of luck we'll here someone like Deutsche Bank is havin' problems.... who knows ?

bit of a tester:rolleyes: , think it depends on the open....

gap through 400, wait for pullback and gap fill before going short?

just go's to show the news means p1ss all but the way its interpreted has everything to do with the mood of the market and the shape of the chart...only a few weeks ago there would be negative news left right and centre and we were getting big up days and new highs :eek:

bit of a tester:rolleyes: , think it depends on the open....

gap through 400, wait for pullback and gap fill before going short?

just go's to show the news means p1ss all but the way its interpreted has everything to do with the mood of the market and the shape of the chart...only a few weeks ago there would be negative news left right and centre and we were getting big up days and new highs :eek:

Sounds reasonable
Cheers BD....... just needed a sounding board quickish :cheesy:

SPX was in 1430's last time Dax was at it's lows,so maybe that's why it's stubbornly holding 7400.Then again it has some catching up to do with regards their respective 200MA.so it's a coin flip at moment.However If Dax breaks it's lows we could be on way to 6750 rather quickly.....:rolleyes:

SPX was in 1430's last time Dax was at it's lows,so maybe that's why it's stubbornly holding 7400.Then again it has some catching up to do with regards their respective 200MA.so it's a coin flip at moment.However If Dax breaks it's lows we could be on way to 6750 rather quickly.....:rolleyes:

here's my 2c:

Looks like we have about 400 points to go that's a "vacuum" with any kind of support and unless I'm very much mistaken this will happen rather very soon. In fact I think tomorrow could get serious dumping and anything uptil now was still preparation...

Morning

Did anyone notice the Dax again last night . It did not move from 7420 much at all. When US started tanking at the end near the close it was still 7420. Weird. I opened a short overnight on it & it dropped a 100 points. This happened last week as well only I did not trade it.

I very rarely have any overnight trades apart from ones like this, but a nice start to the day
:D

snap

I used my spreadbet company to short DAX just before the close, however, I did hedge with a long on the FTSE.

Whoever was supporting the market at 7420-7430 yesterday is now taking a beating.

Did anyone notice the Dax again last night . It did not move from 7420 much at all. When US started tanking at the end near the close it was still 7420. Weird. I opened a short overnight on it & it dropped a 100 points. This happened last week as well only I did not trade it.

I very rarely have any overnight trades apart from ones like this, but a nice start to the day
:D

today i will mostly be pissed off.:devilish:

shorted dax around 6am this morning...would be up by over a ton now but my stupid computer / internet was not allowing me to connect for no reason. so closed short manually for +20 which is still a good start to the day but that trade was like taking candy from a baby. dont useually mind holding overnight or away from the screen but when its a play on the closed vs open market it kinda fundamental...

anyway out most of the day which is probably best as otherwise i would be gunning for my mist 80 pips:devilish:

Shorting Dax.......

Was one of those should I do it ?? and I didn't. I see the more experienced Dax guys on here have grabbed some points....good job. Oh well, back to oil for the moment. Good Luck everyone