DAX time frames

cd173

209 1
I'm curious too know the time scales which can be applied to the DAX. I use signals from Investor IRT which work pretty well on a 1 min chart. However looking on a 30min chart it would 'appear' to give even better results, i.e. fewer trades and more points.
Obviously a bigger drawdown would be needed (could be wrong).
Also would it be possible to enter on a 1min chart, then switch to a 30min chart for 1 trade?

Does anyone out there play the DAX across different time scales and if so what are your experiences and advice.

Thanks in advance
Chris

cd173

209 1
Hi OrderBlaster

I tried it last Friday with some success, but if the market doesn't trend it's pretty pointless.
Can I ask ,is that scalping on a 3min and if so what technique?

Cheers
Chris

techair

1 0
cd173 - i know exactly what u are trying to do but its very hard to do personally as your position was intiated by the 1 minute chart and so the tendancy maybe to switch over to that one even tho your trading gut says you should stick with the 30 minute chart.

OrderBlaster

4 0
cd173 said:
Hi OrderBlaster

I tried it last Friday with some success, but if the market doesn't trend it's pretty pointless.
Can I ask ,is that scalping on a 3min and if so what technique?

Cheers
Chris
I go for 5 pts profit (with initial 5 pt stop-loss) automtically trailing the stop-loss 5 pts behind every new tick. When it hits 4pts paper profit, my stop goes to +0.5 to put me at BE+ commish. The DAX moves too fast to do this by hand, which is why I use NinjaTrader front-end with IB. The idea being to cherry pick only the best setups (1-4 per day) because when it works ...I expect a winner within 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

cd173

209 1
OrderBlaster

I've done some more testing and found that a 2 or 3 min chart works better for me on the DAX as it tends to filter out the duff signals. I generally do 8 trades in the morning session.
Similar trailing stop as to yourself. I use buttontrader frontend with a manual trailing stop

Cheers

Baruch

Experienced member
1,450 7
OrderBlaster said:
I go for 5 pts profit (with initial 5 pt stop-loss) automtically trailing the stop-loss 5 pts behind every new tick. When it hits 4pts paper profit, my stop goes to +0.5 to put me at BE+ commish. The DAX moves too fast to do this by hand, which is why I use NinjaTrader front-end with IB. The idea being to cherry pick only the best setups (1-4 per day) because when it works ...I expect a winner within 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

How much do you pay in commish? And how much do you pay for Ninja Trader?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock