Dax in the Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny at the moment with the media over here.
There is 11 so called close seats to decide at the moment.
Libs need another 8 to win and Labour need 10.

If you do your home work there is only 5 close.
Libs have won the other 6.
The last 5 are close with libs ahead in 3, labour 1 and some other party(never heard of them)
Can't stop the media dragging out a non story.

There goes my hope of no government for ever.:(

http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseCloseSeats-20499.htm

Labour party is back.

They came second.:LOL: they are back.:LOL:

Did the lad from Brighton vote for them.

Labour party is back.

They came second.:LOL: they are back.:LOL:

Did the lad from Brighton vote for them.

eeeze a strange bloke innit.
One snippet of his speech...."for all those who serve".
Now in my neck of the woods, that would mean, all those who are employed by the state including those MP's. It's all just a self serving exercise for those aboard the gravy train ! Parasites.

Day 2

Now saying a score draw(hung parliament).
So this could drag on very nice now.
Also help carrying an A dollar short over the weekend.:LOL:
Only 588 day's now to break the record.(y)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 174
Now saying a score draw(hung parliament).
So this could drag on very nice now.
Also help carrying an A dollar short over the weekend.:LOL:
Only 588 day's now to break the record.(y)

ASX short followed by rally? Or short and continuation? Worth a gander as this plays out!

ASX short followed by rally? Or short and continuation? Worth a gander as this plays out!

Easy to buy the dips at the moment and follow the overseas leads.
That 5,370/80 is a bit of a wall so could find selling there.
RBA on Tuesday , market got a habit of buying into that , then selling afterwards.
Not much volume so would roll quick if it did go south.
Don't think Canberra have much power over the A dollar or market, it will tick along regardless.
Market also been stuck in a range for a good 12 months, guess it will break some stage.

eeeze a strange bloke innit.
One snippet of his speech...."for all those who serve".
Now in my neck of the woods, that would mean, all those who are employed by the state including those MP's. It's all just a self serving exercise for those aboard the gravy train ! Parasites.

Well that's quite a speech. I like how greedy his smile looks - it's almost like he's already counting his hoard of cash :D

Day 3

Media picking up on it now.
Election 2016: Does Australia even need a government?

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/elect...a-even-need-a-government-20160704-gpy3vp.html

In fact, Belgium under a caretaker ran so smoothly that a former deputy prime minister of the country, Karel De Gucht, told me after nine months of political limbo that "I worry that it's going too well".

Without an active, elected government, long-term problems will accumulate. But then, many have accumulated under Australia's elected governments too. The problem is not the uncertainty of a caretaker period. The problem is the long-run conduct of the parties themselves. The political parties need to jolt themselves out of their self-involved partisan games or, eventually, a crisis will do it for them.

@counter_violent

You don't need a new PM mate, better off with no one.:LOL:
Just let business and the workers do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Media picking up on it now.
Election 2016: Does Australia even need a government?

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/elect...a-even-need-a-government-20160704-gpy3vp.html

In fact, Belgium under a caretaker ran so smoothly that a former deputy prime minister of the country, Karel De Gucht, told me after nine months of political limbo that "I worry that it's going too well".

Without an active, elected government, long-term problems will accumulate. But then, many have accumulated under Australia's elected governments too. The problem is not the uncertainty of a caretaker period. The problem is the long-run conduct of the parties themselves. The political parties need to jolt themselves out of their self-involved partisan games or, eventually, a crisis will do it for them.

@counter_violent

You don't need a new PM mate, better off with no one.:LOL:
Just let business and the workers do the heavy lifting.

I've long argued that things run much better with minimal Govt. Most people probably agree, but maybe don't realise they agree, given turnout figures in most elections and general apathy.
The recent high turnout in our referendum, bucked the turnout trend. Interestingly, the side which won was voting for less Govt :LOL:

Aus is a bit different, where voting is compulsory. In some ways this is even worse. Making people do things they don't want to do, never ends well !

Because Australia is so random it doesn't even need a government? Like nothing would help it? :D

Going to start a reality TV show called Australia's Next Prime Minister.

Based on the show Australia's Next Top Model.

Got to be someone out there on the street worth the PM gig.

Last edited:
I've long argued that things run much better with minimal Govt. Most people probably agree, but maybe don't realise they agree, given turnout figures in most elections and general apathy.
The recent high turnout in our referendum, bucked the turnout trend. Interestingly, the side which won was voting for less Govt :LOL:

Aus is a bit different, where voting is compulsory. In some ways this is even worse. Making people do things they don't want to do, never ends well !

Mr Bliar well and truly on the hook for the Iraq war. Wonder if the US dare undertake such an investigation into their role:LOL:
Probably not, they seem not to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.