Dax in the Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Average up. If you average down and don’t average up you will always have your greatest size on losers and smallest size on winners (This happens to me).

3. Create outliers. Never cap any time period p/l because doing so will mean you will never have an outlier.

If scalping, realize the baloney vs. the filet and that you only have so much mental capacity.

Not sure I got those points, would be really grateful if you could expand those for me :)

Not sure I got those points, would be really grateful if you could expand those for me :)

2. Average up. If you average down and don’t average up you will always have your greatest size on losers and smallest size on winners (This happens to me).

Add to your winning trades so you getting more bang for your buck when it keeps moving in your favour.
I find it easier with shares, never had any joy doing this with index markets. only seem to add to loosing trades on index markets

3. Create outliers. Never cap any time period p/l because doing so will mean you will never have an outlier.

Don't get bogged down on one time frame, you might be missing a possible bigger move on another time frame.
I go weekly, daily, one hour, 15 mins, 5mins, 1 min and tick

If scalping, realize the baloney vs. the filet and that you only have so much mental capacity.

Same getting held down on small time frames which are labour intensive, some times it easier to put trades on and walk away, I used to do 50 plus trades a day on the DAX from the 1 min and tick. Sent me a bit mad now I look at less trades with more movement, still do the odd big number of trades days but not every day.

Last edited:
I agree scalping is labour intensive , but its a totally different game , its for pros trading DMA .

The whole point of scalping is to trade bigger size lots while keeping draw down to a minimum - hence the tight sl - , and to achieve much bigger upside potential .

Scalping doesn't necessarily mean to take profit after 2 pips and it certainly doesn't necessarily mean you have to take 50 trades a day , you can scalp and make 10 trades a month no more .

Scalping goal is to achieve better trading statistics , sharpe , calmar , max DD ... etc , ie its much better to make 20% annually with 5% max DD than to make 75% annually with 25% max DD .

1. Always think about the other trader. Recognize what every player at the table has to do.

4. Have confidence and be confident in your own work. Be like Steph Curry. Push it and push it hard and press it when hot. “Find your grip and rip it!”

5. Focus on execution. Stalk trades most of the time and maximize execution. If scalping, realize the baloney vs. the filet and that you only have so much mental capacity (this does happen to me where bigger ideas were missed trading smaller ideas)

6. All bets should not be equally weighted. If everything is equally weighted it gives equal importance to scalps and PJOs. If your account size doesn’t permit varying size based on opportunity, stick to only PJOs.

7. Always be ready for your next shot. If you were playing basketball you wouldn’t just walk off the court after taking your first shot. (This will be a big thing for me as I sometimes get distracted and think the next trade is far away)

8. Buying on the bid and selling on the ask means you are always going against the immediate market action. You want to be the aggressor.

9. KISS. If there is a problem, it is not the indicator, it is you.

10. Always be thinking, where does the market have to go to tell me I am wrong. Stop should be based on this and I should be out as soon as the premise changes. I can always get right back in (see #7 – always be ready for your next shot). (This will be huge for me as there are times where I lose focus, get sloppy and what should be small loses turn into big losses).

That's a good post Oscar - is this your own thoughts?...a lot of this only comes from hard experience but it reflects my own thinking. Its one of the reasons I only stick to one or two markets as to distil all that and be effective in a multitude of markets is very difficult imho - also builds confidence factor. Keeping costs (spread) down is another important consideration in choosing your market in the early days at least.

I agree scalping is labour intensive , but its a totally different game , its for pros trading DMA .

The whole point of scalping is to trade bigger size lots while keeping draw down to a minimum - hence the tight sl - , and to achieve much bigger upside potential .

Scalping doesn't necessarily mean to take profit after 2 pips and it certainly doesn't necessarily mean you have to take 50 trades a day , you can scalp and make 10 trades a month no more .

I can't even imagine how much experience one needs to be able to profitably scalp trading 10 times a month.

I can't even imagine how much experience one needs to be able to profitably scalp trading 10 times a month.

Sure .

How many : nfp , ecb and fomc days we have in a month ?

Last edited:
That's a good post Oscar - is this your own thoughts?...a lot of this only comes from hard experience but it reflects my own thinking. Its one of the reasons I only stick to one or two markets as to distil all that and be effective in a multitude of markets is very difficult imho - also builds confidence factor. Keeping costs (spread) down is another important consideration in choosing your market in the early days at least.

Hi Swissy

Not written by me, but felt there was some good points.

I focus mainly on two markets ASX and DAX very different market's.

With some more investment style in other market's share,FX,etc

Not sure what I've just watched. Not like diseases come with age only... Besides, I really doubt our civilization is socially and psychologically ready for such immortality. It's my firm belief that the day we stop aging, we start killing each other twice faster than we do now.

EDIT: I'm talking, of course, about the dude claiming to stop aging.

Last edited:
Market watching key levels

U can do it ASX come on son do it, break lower U know U want to.

The talk on the trading floors this morning centres on the limited moves in markets, although some will welcome this – notably the Fed who have had a hand in creating these conditions.

The fact that S&P 500 managed an eight handle range and the Dow Jones index traded in a 70 point range testament to lack of immediate catalysts. In fact, the range in the Dow equalled the lowest this year, with poor volume.

There may be life in these markets yet, but that will require the S&P 500 to break above the April downtrend at 2069, or close below the index floor at 2040. A break of these levels will promote moves in other developed markets and if we look at either the ASX 200 cash or SPI futures (June) we can see both markets very comfortable in a 5300 to 5400 range. AUD/USD needs a close below key support at $0.7210 for $0.7000 to come into play, while there is a large focus on EUR/USD requiring a closing break of strong support at $1.1210, which would have all sorts of ramifications for markets given the USD is at the epi-centre of all markets.

If we are talking levels, then watch the US two-year treasury, which at 90 basis points has its eyes on a potential move into the March highs of 100 basis points. That would be an outright USD positive and would represent a tightening of financial conditions. Some focus has also been on the US yield curve (2’s vs 10’s) moving to the flattest levels since 2008 overnight at 93 basis points. Some will say the bond market is flagging a recession is coming, presumably based on a policy mistake from the Fed. I would caution on this view and feel this is more a reflection of investors within countries with high savings rates searching out yield.

Our call today is for a modestly stronger open of 5325 (+0.1%) for the local market, and despite iron ore (and any other commodity traded on the Shanghai commodity exchange) getting hit by over 6%, BHP looks set for an open 1.5% higher. Further falls in iron and rebar futures can’t be ruled out as the trend is firmly lower and generally Chinese traders will act on the underlying trend in the market. Total stockpiles at ports having pushed back above 100 million tons has been a key reason behind the moves, although the inventory levels at small- and medium-sized mills actually fell last week. Still, this is one to keep an eye on and one would expect another day of strong volatility in these key commodities should push AUD/USD through $0.7210 and through the figure. The USD is the dominant driver of the pair though and it’s worth highlighting that the fed funds future market has now priced in not just a full hike this year, but a 25% chance of a second rate hike from the Fed.

While markets may be flat for now, the saying goes ‘never short a dull market’. We live in interesting times and while sentiment is undoubtedly bearish (just going off my Twitter feed), price is delicately poised and could go either way. Let price guide.

The talk on the trading floors this morning centres on the limited moves in markets, although some will welcome this – notably the Fed who have had a hand in creating these conditions.

Is that so? Why would the Fed do this? I can't figure out what's their interest in it...

A nice coordinated turn in global markets at the UK open. Shorters beware, this has potential to fly higher.

This kid will blow up , risky options trading plus no evidence to back up her claims , there are a few threads about her in ET .

.....coughs.

I suggest you look more carefully at where she comes from and what she has been doing.
You will see her ''size'' trading through the Spoo. options.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.