DAX and DOW thread

I will look at shorting DAX 12635 and stop loss 12660....target 100 to 150pips drop.

Stop loss break-even.
We still have a day's worth of trading tomorrow...so wouldn't be surprised it comes back to retest 12635 before another drop.

Stop loss break-even.
We still have a day's worth of trading tomorrow...so wouldn't be surprised it comes back to retest 12635 before another drop.

DAX dropped from 12635 to 12430

Dropped 200pips..banked 170pips.

Once

Yeah I will.

Ever since I changed from mt4 to ninja trader platform about a year ago,because
I needed what ninja offers.

I find the price action is more clearer with ticks.Also I use hi/low bars. because
its easy to find and draw certain price action,like head and shoulders. So easy to draw and spot bullish and bearish for example using triangles for head and shoulders. You need movement in the market to day trade. So when its quiet tick charts don't print as many.This also helps. When market is quiet usually means a period of indecision or quiet time of the day. That's why I only trade first two and half hours of a open .Same with Dow but I do like the last hour of the dow to trade is my exception. You want the river flowing in your direction to push your trade to the finishing line.

I use 2584 tick chart for interest and alert (to see if we are pivoting or trending) and 89 tick chart for entry and confirmation and to see a good stop level. usually risking 1;3 reward.Only needing to win one in 4 to break even is power if you have a edge. Losing trades is part of the game. You got to pay rent. Nothing in life is free,even this game. I enjoy my losses as much as my wins as they are the same value being a trader. Once you have this mindset you become free,and you can trade your method properly. These are fibonacci numbers. Im not a fan boy with them. But hey I got to choose something. The markets only trends 20% of the time. So I trade the other 80% when it pivots (not pivot points) but also trade when its trending.

Also with ninja I have order flow of the contracts traded within each bar.Its like a xray of the battle.You see the sellers and buyers. With forex you dont get this. Makes it harder in my view. Looking for order imbalance and high delta bars. That gives your trade confidence. Also why I needed ninja.Ok dude,rant over.

Hi,
I am trading DAX on 1m charts but was looking for a UK broker who offers platform with orders flow display.
What broker do you use with ninja platform?

Hi,
I am trading DAX on 1m charts but was looking for a UK broker who offers platform with orders flow display.
What broker do you use with ninja platform?

I actually use data to trade on ninja called Kinetick

There is a monthly charge tho.

How do you trade on the one min? Would love to hear a little synopsis of your approach?

Last edited:
I will observe and look at buying DAX 12160 and target bias change to bullish..... targeting 12830.

I will observe and look at buying DAX 12160 and target bias change to bullish..... targeting 12830.

This is why its good to observe before rushing into a trade.

I didn't take the above trade but ended up taking short 12160 instead for 60pips.

I am now going to wait for test of 12080 (market gap) and possibly start buying soon.

DAX was 20-3pips shy away from GAP fill @ 12080 last Friday and now trading around demand zone ~ 12160.

I am not expecting any bullish until tomorrow as new monthly candle begins by then.

Demand zones are 12080s and 12160s.

Not sure why there is divergence between DOW and DAX so might need to be wary of that.

As you can see, DAX was trading around 12160 yesterday like glue and an area I highlighted on 27th July.

Today brings out the NFP data so I am expecting a spike down to 12070 and a move back to up 12160 before continuation move up next week.

As you can see, DAX was trading around 12160 yesterday like glue and an area I highlighted on 27th July.

Today brings out the NFP data so I am expecting a spike down to 12070 and a move back to up 12160 before continuation move up next week.

Lowest on Friday was around 12120s before ending the day 12300+.

Waiting for Bullish momentum from 12070 and will target 12800.

Will wait until Friday with low stakes and then build position on Monday.

DAX now trading around 12160s.

Currently have short positions with SL 12180s. Targeting 12070s

Sharp fall to 11930s last week.

Id be interested to going long 11890s and 11860s

Or otherwise long at 12070s.

DAX now trading around 12160s.

Currently have short positions with SL 12180s. Targeting 12070s

Sharp fall to 11930s last week.

Id be interested to going long 11890s and 11860s

Or otherwise long at 12070s.

(n) Out @ 12185

Looking at shorting DOW tomorrow. Areas I will observe is 22050-80s.

DAX on the other hand has amazingly bounced from 11930s to 12300s - Couldnt get bite of that apple.