• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinex Youtube Channel and communication

Can you translate what happened for a mere mortal?
They increased their nice profit on the trading company until June last year. (Reporting year ends end of June)
When did HFD start running downhill? :LOL:
When did they start cutting the VaR to 6.5 %? 🔍
They expected the Spanish licence in January this year, but I'm sure we would know it if they would have got it until now.

I'm not an expert for GB shares as all their shares had voting rights, but they aggregated all of the owner company to one class (class 'A'). So there is room for speculations whether they are searching for new partners with owner participation, but there is nothing done/published until now.

A lot of other stuff is Brexit related.
I recommend to read the strategic report of the trading company (one page) where they declared the community as a value if I got it right. Waiting what they will write there end of this year.

Ok but nothing relevant, they have not sold the company.
IBKR is pretty useless for existing customers but they haven't bought Darwinex.

Ok but nothing relevant, they have not sold the company.
IBKR is pretty useless for existing customers but they haven't bought Darwinex.
The trading company was always 100% owned by the venture company and there were no changes in the last years until middle of last year (report end date).
As I'm not an expert for GB publication laws and regulations, I can't say for sure whether they can sell owned shares of the venture company without publication. In the beginning there was a long list who owns how many shares of which class of the venture company.
But I don't think the founders sold parts of the company as they can create new shares to bring money in if they want as long as they find somebody who buys these shares. But the intention and the resolution to increase of the number of shares of a company must be published - there is nothing until now.
Nothing about such or similar transactions is reported until now, so it would be pure (and unfair) speculation to create such rumours.

Last edited:
Making the right improvements - not the private label stuff.
Maybe it depends on the missing Spanish licence to take it live, I'm not sure.
Even if we assum the Spanish licence is the reason for closing old community...

Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to improve investable attributes?
Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to create advanced educational material for investors?

Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to improve investable attributes?
There is no improvement needed as most of them are useless for an investment decision, but nice to look at their developement if you are the trader.
Most attributes reward certain strategies and punish changes in strategy.
Same is with D-Score - but there is room for improvement to punish profitable traders less.
Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to create advanced educational material for investors?
Educational material is worthless if it does not help to find profitable Darwins in time.
It does not help to tell investors about long term bla bla and hold Darwins for years if they lose 30% of their investment in DDs within one year.
Even now when NDX went down: If you have bought any well know stock like AMZN, TSLA, AAPL and others 2 years ago and compare it with the backtest of the model portfolio - what could you find out as a buy and hold investor for the last 2 years?
Who has more alpha for investors - the backtested portfolio or AAPL? ;)

Last edited:
That's great news. I'm happy to know they're not a zombi company. I really believe that. Well, we'll see if/when there are movements and improvements

You find their detailed last 5 (!) job offers on LinkedIn if you search for company Darwinex in Madrid or Spain.

Last edited:
This is what I have found on our new Community Manager:

That was pretty clear to me after they stopped their Marketing activity that was very centered on Youtube content sharing their (Juan Colon mostly) vision and new ideas.
I dont' think having Juan Colon repeating the same story over and over would help much.
They already have Twitter where they keep repeating everything ad nauseam.
The problem is that investors are leaving, so they have to provide content for investors.

Content for traders is very good but let's suppose an algo trader needs that education...
From that point he needs at least 3 years, 1 year of development and 2 years to produce a decent trackrecord.

From my monitoring the net balance of traders is stable while investors are leaving so they have to help investors.

Last edited:
Have you seen the last post on the Youtube channel? I confess it made me happy to listen to Juan Colon again. I love the way he communicates. Specially because I thought he was retired and the company sold out and ready to dismantel.

Analyzing the message though. Doesn't it sound as they are denying the CFD's? Who knows, maybe they want to reinvent themselves? Anyway it will require some more effort if they want to be taken seriously as a futures broker.

Nothing new on the table. Just they are back on the game

They repackaged the "IBKR integration" and added a page on the main site.
They are just reselling platforms and assets provided by IBKR.
There is a big difference between adding assets and platforms and suggesting you to open another account on another broker to have the other broker's assets and platforms.

hey repackaged the "IBKR integration" and added a page on the main site.
100% agreed. But at least they took the trouble to make a new video.
The different on the message is their pushing on the new instruments. Do they want to let behind the CFD's, would that mean that the path to go is to migrate to IBKR? We'll see, but as I said I admire the communication skills of Juan Colon. He must be impressive on a one to one meeting, could be the best salesman ever

they took the trouble to make a new video.
A podcast with a static image... ;)
I was hoping to see a demonstration of IBKR trading platforms.
Do they want to let behind the CFD's, would that mean that the path to go is to migrate to IBKR?
I don't think so it is their main source of revenue.

This stuff is presented as a milestone, the easy way to add features, add abroker that already has those features.
The best definition of this stuff is "Darwins added to IBKR accounts"

Karl Beacham doesn't work for Darwinex anymore.

Blog is completeley dead.
From 2-3 article per week to one "amended trading hours" per month.
(wow super interesting... 🙄 )

Youtube is still 100% Martyn.

Last edited: