• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinex + Interactive Brokers

• Thread starter Viro Major
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9
V

Viro Major

Dedicated to talk about the new white label partnership since we’re out of the beta phase and they announced that the offer (range of assets) would be complete by the end of the quarter.

Facts :
- Darwins are not yet implemented but track records built will be taken into account
- commissions are marked-up ...which this time, is not very “Pivot” friendly in the spirit... it doesn’t compensate the drag in perf fees but instead adds up
- TWS software and APIs are at disposal

What else ? Speak out if you join the programme

Last edited by a moderator:
What stuck with me is that the greatest benefit will be adding many good traders. I think they also realised that there is to few good traders on Darwinex and they give up and took the short route. I see a lot of sense in this decision, but I wish they were frank and expleined theirs position.

Last edited:
Exact, where is the advantage for existing traders and investors?
If I needed the trading platform and assets of IBKR I could subscribe IBKR.
I subscribed Darwinex because I liked the conditions of Darwinex.
Conditions that now are worse after Pivot.
The big winner of Pivot is Darwinex.
The big winner of this integration is Darwinex.
By brokers for brokers ?

Can’t argue against. That’s commonly the pitfall about indirectly dealing through an intermediary instead of a solution kept in-house
Still, let’s wait which wave of AuMs and talents it drags. It may add some fun to the equation

Extra info regarding stage 1, only available base currency = USD (around Q1, EUR & GBP would be supported), min deposit = 10k € (supposedly lowered later)

Seems pretty useless, and meybe you have to provide utility bill and the usual bullshit?
Pointless..

There is also min brokerage per order for stocks so if someone trading 1 or 2 qty per order of any stock then it is better to use current offering of Stocks CFD by darwinex. Interactive broker is useful only in case of if someone trade atleast 20-25 qty per order.

At first sight I was very happy with this integration because I thought finally I could enter into the futures trading world. Along the years I've tried lots of things and methods, even crazy ideas, but always on CFD's and specifically on Forex. It's much safer trading with futures because of uniqueness of the historical data. Besides, I think indexes, bonds, commodities have more predictible behavior than forex (only a feeling of mine).

However I see that won't be possible to trade on IB with Metatrader, not even through Darwinex account. So I'm back to square one. Not direct/immediate advantages with this movement to me

I think that if a person wanted to invest stocks ETFs is already doing that with proper banks or brokers, without waiting IBKR integration.
For example I am using eToro cause I am lazy and i tend to minimize registrations.
I was already there for my copytrading experience before Darwinex and algo.
I have etoro for investment and Darwinex for trading systems on forex

Last edited:
IMO they are (only) looking for new traders to create new Darwins:

1612796035224.png

I wonder whether they want to merge thier broker Tradeslide on IBKR in the future because I don't see any benefit for it anymore.

Hi @Rams , welcome to our new forum!

Their "integration" is pretty useless for existing customers.
Now Darwinex is working like an introducing broker for IB.
So to have platforms and assets you have to open another account on IB using a link provided by Darwinex.
If someone needed assets or platforms of IB he could register to IB also before this integration.

Last edited:
Привет, [USER = 597099] @Rams [/ USER], добро пожаловать на наш новый форум!

Их «интеграция» бесполезна для существующих клиентов.
Теперь Darwinex работает как представляющий брокер для IB.
Итак, чтобы иметь платформы и активы, вам нужно открыть еще одну учетную запись в IB, используя ссылку, предоставленную Darwinex.
Если кому-то нужны активы или платформы IB, он может зарегистрироваться в IB также до этой интеграции.

It would be convenient for me to work with IB via Darwinex. Otherwise you have to transfer money to Russia and then to IB. But you are right, at the moment it is useless integration. They provide access only to US shares and in the future promise Europe. ETF access is apparently not. Access to the markets of Australia and China, for example, also probably not foreseen. Very sorry. Corrend if I am mistaken?

If Darwinex would offer a common trader and investor accout for trading stocks, Forex, CFDs and Cryptos as etoro (which has a lot of disadvantages and no transparancy against Darwinex) does that would add value for a Darwinex trader and investment account.
100% agree
But they prefered the easy way to copy-paste another broker, a commercial agreement presented as an improvement.
There are brokers that offer micro futures on mt4 and mt5, too much effort...:rolleyes: