Darren Winters on bbc.com

I can't help wondering if anyone commenting on this board has actually attended one of DW's presentations! Judging by the comments I've read, everyone simply looks at his publicity and decides there must be something dodgy about the man. Well, I have been to one of his free talks and followed that up with a paid seminar, and it was one of the best things I ever did. Thanks to DW, I now work as a freelance investment trader and have made about 25k in the last year - in spite of the turmoil that the stock market has been through. I suggest you don't knock the guy until you've at least been to one of his freebie talks, even if you aren't prepared to shell out any money after that.

I can't help wondering if anyone commenting on this board has actually attended one of DW's presentations! Judging by the comments I've read, everyone simply looks at his publicity and decides there must be something dodgy about the man. Well, I have been to one of his free talks and followed that up with a paid seminar, and it was one of the best things I ever did. Thanks to DW, I now work as a freelance investment trader and have made about 25k in the last year - in spite of the turmoil that the stock market has been through. I suggest you don't knock the guy until you've at least been to one of his freebie talks, even if you aren't prepared to shell out any money after that.

I think you will find that many if not the majority of people who have expressed an opinion here and elsewhere have indeed been to the free seminar, me included, which is merely a high pressure sales pitch IMHO. There have been plenty of people too that have been to the paid seminar and have not been complimentary at all about either what was taught or value for money.

I am left wondering if you by any chance have any vested interest in promoting Winters seminars as your views are so diametrically opposed to those of the others. (n)

Hi Mr Winters,

How's the Ferrari?

-SN

Hey Doji how ya doin mate?

Are you still working 20 mins a day and earning £400 a day?

And are you still renting your shares out and receiving around 5% a month?

He's going stronger than ever. Adverts in LBC and Classic FM. People are desperate for an easy way out of the debt hole they're in. 95% are stupid enough to give Darren Winters their £3k redundancy package.

If the above person is telling the truth (and we will never know) then he's defo in the 5%. Care to enlighten us as to the content? Is it just TA? Or is there some Holy Grail "professional trader's secret" that means that Darren Winters makes his money from selling seminars and not selling stocks?

I do intend to attend one of his free seminars; I hear he's a brilliant sales person so I could learn something, I'm sure.

Had a mail from Winters this morning about his FOREX seminar and training.
The man is a total cocksucker, he claims to have a guaranteed winning formula. I am tempted to go along for the day to see just what it is so I know who will be on te other side of my trades.

10,000 people a year attend a 2 day course ???

say there are 200 working days a year and the course takes 2 day thats 100 course of 100 people.

Not to mention the time he takes out selling teh course ?

so you go on this course with over 100 others and come out an ace trader?

so each week 250 highly trained traders are born

I should open a spread bet company

He's just sent me an email saying that he spends four months a year snowboarding so your figures will be quite a bit out.

He's just sent me an email saying that he spends four months a year snowboarding so your figures will be quite a bit out.

thats 4 months less of talking Sh*t then and selling people out ;)

with Respect though - the guy has made a lot of money :-

0.0001% trader
99.9999% salesman / marketeer

..........with revenue streams directly linked to % above - and I'm still not convinced on the positive % trading results !

N

i've went to his free seminar about 8 years ago when i was young and naive. even in that state, I still realised (eventually) that it was a con. lol the killer line he delivered was, my course only costs (i forget but I think it was) £1000 down from the £2000 rrp, you can pay by credit card, pay it off over a few months and you will have learnt how to make 000s of pounds............. it was at this point my friend insisted we walk out!! hahaahahahahaha