Damn my neck is stiff

blancspa

Established member
Got a bit of a problem here.
I thought it might be just temporary, new year and still with me. If anyone previously been going through this, I need advice.

Let me begin: I seems to have a profitable strategy and making money from it, yet out of boredoom and set up, I tend to scalp madly and give back part of my profts.
Now, scalping its not my strategy and I should not be doing it !!!

HELP !!!

I thought it might be just temporary, new year and still with me. If anyone previously been going through this, I need advice.

Let me begin: I seems to have a profitable strategy and making money from it, yet out of boredoom and set up, I tend to scalp madly and give back part of my profts.

HELP !!!

Why would you do something/anything that you know loses your money...unless you were an addicted gambler?

HELP !!!

Was like that 'til early 2009. Frankly, you will keep doing it until you are truly fed up with it and accept that one particular style of trading works for you and no matter how much you try and how many of your contacts trade profitably using other methods, you will continue to lose money whenever you try these new methods.

Now, when I'm bored, I stick to testing out scalping ideas on demo and soon enough I start to lose demo money. As for my live account... :)

Was like that 'til early 2009. Frankly, you will keep doing it until you are truly fed up with it and accept that one particular style of trading works for you and no matter how much you try and how many of your contacts trade profitably using other methods, you will continue to lose money whenever you try these new methods.

Now, when I'm bored, I stick to testing out scalping ideas on demo and soon enough I start to lose demo money. As for my live account... :)

hehe tx .... sounds good... I ll scalp demo

Last edited:
just go with it. Open up a micro account and go to town.. that's how I handle the "I have to trade" syndrome without causing any real monetary damage.

12 or 13 simultaneous trades in pairs I have to look up to see which country they belong to. I make Chilean Pesos my bitch..

Snag is, if you get into a habit of trading badly on one account, you could make bad decisions with your live account.

all right thats it no more scalping

This is how I overcame the need to "make efficient use of my time". Every time you go to take a scalp, tell yourself that you are doing well on your swing/position account and that every time without fail when you take a scalp trade you lose money. Remember the last time you took 10 scalp trades in a row and remember how badly the result was. Then go and do something else more useful, knowing that you trade profitably on the higher timeframes and that you trade to live, not live to trade. Think about the lifestyle that continuing your profitable style of trading can and will bring, and think about how scalping will take you closer to getting back into the 9 to 5...

naaaaah.. you setup trades on your big account ahead of time and use the micro account to do "this looks like a good trade" type on-the-spot, lower-probability market order trades.. It can drive you crazy to sit and wait for a trade to come to you on yoru big account. As long as you never, ever, ever do a market order on your big account then your micro account bad habits shouldn't spill over into your bread and butter account. In fact, the idea is to get all the silliness and impatience out of your system by entering into micro trades you normally would have made with a lot of leverage. Playing around on a micro account really helps me while I'm waiting for a trade to come to me. I'm glued to this machine 12 hours per day. You can also learn new techniques in the process of fooling around.

The cure? Simples. Take on more pairs on your swing strat. Constantly monitoring/adjusting/fine tuning 10 pairs won't leave you more time to scalp. :) But fook it, like Pippy said, what's the big deal? Do both. Scalping like a Mohican on Bolivia's finest marching powder beats hard work any day...:D