Daily market forecasts

JTrader

Can anyone recommend a good daily bulletin, preferably email, from somebody who does forecasts for the UK markets, particularly the FTSE100 and indiviual shares which form it.
I have subscribed to one for the US markets from Tom at city index, which I have found pretty useful as it provides good food for thought, but would like something similar for the FTSE100.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I suggest that attempting to forecast markets is a waste of time and it is far easier and more profitable to react to what they actually do instead. For example, I do not know at this moment which stocks I will be trading today and wont do until after the market has been open for a while at least.

Paul

Let the market reveal its action -Dont try to predict its movement.
Go with the flow and let the trend be your freind.
You will get ten bulletins and all will be ambiguous.

You could look at UK-Analyst.com

Its free, which is a bonus, but I cant guarantee its correct.

Agree with T333 and zarif here.

As soon as you have a preconceived notion of where the market should go it will almost certainly adversely affect your trading. For instance if you feel bearish you will be apt to put on more shorts than longs, hold losing short positions for longer than you should and ignore valid long signals thus missing out on potential profit as well as compounding losses.

I found the day I stopped taking a view and just being reactive was a significant turning point in my trading, though I admit it required a slightly unfamilar, uncomfortable mental leap to throw fundamentals and preconceptions out of the window.

But now if there's a long signal and the market wants to go up I'm not going to try and fight it with a reasoned fundamental argument I'm going to be tagging along for the ride and ignoring the plaintive screams of the poor little PE ratio that has been dragged up to a ludicrous multiple against its will.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good daily bulletin, preferably email, from somebody who does forecasts for the UK markets, particularly the FTSE100 and indiviual shares which form it.
I have subscribed to one for the US markets from Tom at city index, which I have found pretty useful as it provides good food for thought, but would like something similar for the FTSE100.

try e yield

Accendo Markets have a ‘FTSE Focus’ in their research, with a few other handy bits and pieces. You can try and it's free.

FTSE Trader on twitter. Pretty good, not always right but it's good to have an overview of what is happening, pivot points, support and resistance areas.