Daily Dax

Pat

Fantastic, excellent trading, how did you identify the trade

Thx
Praise indeed from the expert
Choosing the right software and getting to know it, is now paying off for those long hours of frustration - at last !
( maybe into the famous last words area though )

Dax market has been realtively subdued recently - I guess so has this thread..with US mkts posting new highs, will DAX also test the highs? 300 points way..will we get the "old" dax volatility back soon? :idea:

Somewhat interesting chart of DAX showing voume at ASK minus volume at bid (smoothed). Constant volume chart, 1500 contraact bars. Is this a clue to the direction of the US session ?

Attachments

• dax_1500contracts.png
    dax_1500contracts.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 188
DAX what's up? Volatility has certainly died down, there seem to be more points moved in FTSE, and DAX has quietened down in last few months..both downside and upside - anybody out there know a reason? Or is it just a lack of interest in German issues?

Riding the Dax

Thanks for recommending the site ridingthedax.com! Not bad! Anyone has more sites to suggest? Thank you!

Happy Holiday to All

As it is hard to find the repeatable patterns in stock, we have developed another analysis. We had used our approach to predicted the Dow Jones in two websites AvianFluTalk and (ii) .

By beginning luck, the predictions are true, now we would like to present our prediciton on DAX. The upper panel is the DAX, and the lower panel is the prediction made by our approach, which has repeatable pattern.

History in the lower panel shows that there are few cases that the DAX will go up directly (blue line), but thereare more cases that the DAX will fluctuate or go down (blue line).

Perhaps, we will be wrong this time.

DreamSciTech

DAX.GIF

Hmmm :) to be honest
Did you post it in NEVERLAND so you will nobody noticing it, if it goes wrong? ;)

Could you be more specific? I don't see the value ... at least not yet

Hmmm :) to be honest
Did you post it in NEVERLAND so you will nobody noticing it, if it goes wrong? ;)

Could you be more specific? I don't see the value ... at least not yet

Festive greetings everyone,

Just gone long on the DAX based on hourly charts.

The Weekly charts show a rising trend wedge with 8000 about to be broken. I reckon either 8000 will act as resistance or it will be breached iwth 8100 tested in high spirits...

Festive greetings everyone,

Just gone long on the DAX based on hourly charts.

The Weekly charts show a rising trend wedge with 8000 about to be broken. I reckon either 8000 will act as resistance or it will be breached iwth 8100 tested in high spirits...

All the best for you as well :)

You bought? Good luck as I don't see one buy signal here. Rather the opposite. In the cash Dax I see an island yesterday, so below 8025 I would not touch. What about one more sell off? Then 8000 can work as a resist :whistling at the moment you hope, tht it is a support:cool:

All the best for you as well :)

You bought? Good luck as I don't see one buy signal here. Rather the opposite. In the cash Dax I see an island yesterday, so below 8025 I would not touch. What about one more sell off? Then 8000 can work as a resist :whistling at the moment you hope, tht it is a support:cool:

SL @ 7970... Up +7pips so far. Target is 8060. Will go with the MA5 & 10 price cross overs as my signal. MA20 may act as resistance on the hourlies.

Previous days daily candle stick is alarming but feel 8000 is a significant level for a fight. Basicaly expecting the DAX to end the year above 8000. Call it manipulation or a hunch. :whistling Whatever...

Festive cheers...

SL @ 7970... Up +7pips so far. Target is 8060. Will go with the MA5 & 10 price cross overs as my signal. MA20 may act as resistance on the hourlies.

Previous days daily candle stick is alarming but feel 8000 is a significant level for a fight. Basicaly expecting the DAX to end the year above 8000. Call it manipulation or a hunch. :whistling Whatever...

Festive cheers...

What you mention for the 60 mins, what about the 30 mins? I found out, that the 30 mins is often the one to watch. Better and faster signals than the 60 mins. I use a mixture, 5, 30, 60 and this is IMHO a bet on year end window dressing, but chartwise it is not a long here as it needed more confirmation :)

What you mention for the 60 mins, what about the 30 mins? I found out, that the 30 mins is often the one to watch. Better and faster signals than the 60 mins. I use a mixture, 5, 30, 60 and this is IMHO a bet on year end window dressing, but chartwise it is not a long here as it needed more confirmation :)

Likewise here DaxDestroyer, it's just that I don't have much time to look at screens so I would normally go by daily or my preferred 4 hour charts. Usually trade DOW but this year I propose to trade DAX in the mornings and DOW in the afternoon and evenings. This is just a small punt.

Unfortunately, Capital Spreads platform don't do 4 hour charts. I did check the 30mins just now and that's showing long too. Looks like it's moving up quite nicely now. If 8030s taken out then I will be moving SL to break even and watch it go hopefuly to at least 8050+.

I do concur that over all markets ready to tank but merely being driven by my MA hourly signals at the mo.

Which chart are we talking? 60 mins? impossible :)

Anyway, I won't trade today

Read this one :) I liked it

“CHEAP” Holidays … | Riding the DAX

:p

Wow that's a bit harsh... I'm working today but LOSERS plus the personal dig at family relations is very strong.

Not sure why the guy is writing about not trading instead of spending more time with his family. :cheesy:

Having said that, over indulgence in food and family over the festive season can be damaging to ones health, wealth and spirits... :cheesy:

Enjoy all that you do is my motto...

More festive cheers everyone... :clap::clap::clap:

Now I really hope for you, that it will pay off for you :) Anyway, your MAs are still different :clap:

Thanks DD, I've now moved SL to 8000 which leaves me +2 if I get stopped out. A drink at least for my over-indulgence in the markets eh... :LOL:

For my MAs I use DEMA 5 - 10 - 13 - 20 - 21 - 34 - 55 (not all at the same time - usally stick to three)... My system is essentially price and MA crossovers on the Daily, 4 - 1 hour charts. Very text book and simple really.

Up +25 at the mo...

Both 60 & 30 min charts showing longs.

You know you are just itching to trade... You know it makes sense... :devilish::cheesy::clap:

Am I seeing +++pips or did the DAX just jump 20 to 8050...

Wow... Someones obviously had one too many... :clap::clap::clap:

SL moved up to 8022... :cool: Trailing SL for a 30 point drop.

Now will let this trade ride hopefully to 8100...

Moving Limit from 8060 to 8100... :cool: