Daily Dax

LOL :) Respect to the Legend ;)

Cheers DD, thank you for your input and good company. I do feel all alone here - office is empty. Just running with end of year backups. Very critical given I'm Mr. DR here.

If DAX doesn't make a new high above 8055 I may consider bailing out and taking +50 for the day. That'll do me. Original target was 60.

Looking at Bloomberg and BBC Business site DAX seems to be the only thing up. Wondering if somebody knows something everybody doesn't... :confused:

Anyway this was purely a technical trade. Now looking at 10 min charts and if price crosses my MA20 I'll be looking to exit.

Cheers DD, thank you for your input and good company. I do feel all alone here - office is empty. Just running with end of year backups. Very critical given I'm Mr. DR here.

If DAX doesn't make a new high above 8055 I may consider bailing out and taking +50 for the day. That'll do me. Original target was 60.

Looking at Bloomberg and BBC Business site DAX seems to be the only thing up. Wondering if somebody knows something everybody doesn't... :confused:

Anyway this was purely a technical trade. Now looking at 10 min charts and if price crosses my MA20 I'll be looking to exit.

I put DEMAs in my chart and whatever I do :) the 5 does not! cross the 10 in the 60 mins Chart :( so maybe you are bored enough to give me a hint?

I have tradestation and I use this formula

Inputs:
Price(Close),
Length(10);

Vars:
X1(0),
X2(0),
Dema1(0);

X1= XAverage(Price,Length);
X2= XAverage(XAverage(Price,Length),Length);

DEMA1 = X1 * 2 - X2;

Plot1(Dema1, "DEMA1");

I put DEMAs in my chart and whatever I do :) the 5 does not! cross the 10 in the 60 mins Chart :( so maybe you are bored enough to give me a hint?

I have tradestation and I use this formula

Inputs:
Price(Close),
Length(10);

Vars:
X1(0),
X2(0),
Dema1(0);

X1= XAverage(Price,Length);
X2= XAverage(XAverage(Price,Length),Length);

DEMA1 = X1 * 2 - X2;

Plot1(Dema1, "DEMA1");

My CapitalSpreads java charts probably not as advanced but this is what I see on the 1 hour charts.

As I said, I merely use text book, price crossing over MAs. Showing MA5, 10 & 20.

MACD & Stochastic confirms long movement.

Sorry about the word file but this desktop I'm on is limited...

Attachments

• Doc3.doc
    100 KB · Views: 221
Just closed half pos size for +63 and moved trailing SL to 8030 for the rest.

So :) we found out, that you neither use the Dax CASH nor the Future Chart. Which means, whatever you say, we have to believe you ;)

Anyway, good trade as I love systematic earned profits!

Like the guy in ridingthedax.com

Take care!

So :) we found out, that you neither use the Dax CASH nor the Future Chart. Which means, whatever you say, we have to believe you ;)

Anyway, good trade as I love systematic earned profits!

Like the guy in ridingthedax.com

Take care!

I spread bet on two accounts one with Capital Spreads Online Financial SpreadBetting - Spread Betting Commodities, Forex, Indices and another with CMC. I thought I mentioned CapitalSpreads before.

I did basically walk through the morning session on the DAX with you and put up my hourly charts... Not sure I understand your point but what ever it is you certainly don't have to believe anything I say. That's kewl with me... (y)

Problem I now have is the DOW has dropped and so DAX is likely to follow it on Monday. I didn't realise CS closed at 1pm today. :eek:

CS can possibly close my remaining position for a loss exceeding my SL. :mad:

Easy come easy go I guess. :whistling

We'll see what happs on Monday session if the DAX is open for us to play :clap:

I spread bet on two accounts one with Capital Spreads Online Financial SpreadBetting - Spread Betting Commodities, Forex, Indices and another with CMC. I thought I mentioned CapitalSpreads before.

I did basically walk through the morning session on the DAX with you and put up my hourly charts... Not sure I understand your point but what ever it is you certainly don't have to believe anything I say. That's kewl with me... (y)

Problem I now have is the DOW has dropped and so DAX is likely to follow it on Monday. I didn't realise CS closed at 1pm today. :eek:

ups :( sorry! I should have told you.
My point is not, that I don't believe you. Only as I like to learn ;) It is difficult to follow you, different markets, indicators, styles a.s.o.

But! Time is on our side :clap:

German market is closed on Monday. I hope, they let you still trade?

Take care!:D

I hope, you booked your deserved win (y)

I hope, you booked your deserved win (y)

Yes thanks DD, remaining position closed by CS for +32 pips 7:01 this morning.

However, I'm puzzled as to why the DOW has fallen couple of hundred ticks while the DAX seems to be possibly bouncing of support around 8000 - 8070 range on my hourly charts.

Will stay flat to see what the market does. No view at the moment on the hourlies. Still uptrend on daily and weeklies. Not sure if it will tank or bounce of support.

Will stay flat and watch.

Good trading to you all.

Yes thanks DD, remaining position closed by CS for +32 pips 7:01 this morning.

However, I'm puzzled as to why the DOW has fallen couple of hundred ticks while the DAX seems to be possibly bouncing of support around 8000 - 8070 range on my hourly charts.

Will stay flat to see what the market does. No view at the moment on the hourlies. Still uptrend on daily and weeklies. Not sure if it will tank or bounce of support.

Will stay flat and watch.

Good trading to you all.

First: Thank you for your dieting advice:LOL:

Good, I'm happy for you. Dax seems for many the safe heaven as there is nothing bad to expect from the housing front as prices fell between 2000 and 2006 around 60 to 80% in some areas :D

So the only way (for housing prices) is up ;)

I will stay out until Monday morning as the first days of the year resemble the first minutes of a usual day (the amateur hour, the opening range)

See you!
Carlos

crazy idea 2008 - pt 1

This morning dax hit 8100 within kissing distance of all time highs when we are in the midst of a serious financial crisis...........

It came to it's senses in the end ......:LOL: :LOL::LOL:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dax / Eurozone decoupling might happen ...... but I wonuldn't bet on it.... :sneaky:

China will be a nice ski slope too patience is key...............

=============================================

This morning dax hit 8100 within kissing distance of all time highs when we are in the midst of a serious financial crisis...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dax / Eurozone decoupling might happen ...... but I wonuldn't bet on it.... :sneaky:

You seemingly kiss from the distance :)
The only question is when, not IF ;)

Hook Shot dude, good to see you back... :clap: I trust you had a fantastic well earnt holidays and rearing to take on 008...

I thought decoupling was what trains did... :rolleyes: Or after becoming entwined with thy loved one... :cheesy:

Does this mean DOW will head down along with the dollar and DAX will head up along with the Euro?

I too was wondering about China and India whether they could carry the international growth forward when US & European countries take a pause or a recline? Bit too FA perhaps but looks like DAX may lose the 8000 battle for now.

May be the expenditure of the US candidates for the presidency can revive international growth, who knows... :sleep:

You seemingly kiss from the distance :)
The only question is when, not IF ;)

distance 50 or so points from highs is pretty damn close ...in the circs.... my point was there was no way it should have been loitering any where near.... in my often jaundiced opinion.... it was pretty a low risk set up since 8100ish had been recent rez as you know...;)

On the when not if comment - i~'m guessing you're speaking about dax to new highs - yep the daily is still solid.... for now...

If you were speaking about decoupling well we shall wait for that one...

Thanks good to be back.... however briefly

Hook Shot dude, good to see you back... :clap: I trust you had a fantastic well earnt holidays and rearing to take on 008...

I thought decoupling was what trains did... :rolleyes: Or after becoming entwined with thy loved one... :cheesy:

Does this mean DOW will head down along with the dollar and DAX will head up along with the Euro?

I too was wondering about China and India whether they could carry the international growth forward when US & European countries take a pause or a recline? Bit too FA perhaps but looks like DAX may lose the 8000 battle for now.

May be the expenditure of the US candidates for the presidency can revive international growth, who knows... :sleep:

Decoupling .....nice one

I don't think there will be a decoupling of any significance .although the market is not paying attention right now :whistling

What I'm reading and it.... is that the lads have decided on "blowing up" the economy ... not just a slowdown as Hyman spoke about.... Record Oil prices have historically not been good........ as you know (I don't buy the oil is cheaper cos weaker dollar argument .... that's another veil...)

Moreover, Greenspan KNEW the subprime mortgage situation would end in tears it's common sense.......... so the fact that they sanctioned it is curious given they knew the eventual outcome......... some might say it was willful.

Even raising rates in the face of a slowdown over the past few years appears to be part of the deal.. and certainly the withdrawal of credit to keep the merry go round operating smacks of 1929 when margin loans were withdrawn.

All this twaddle is to say that if they have planned to hit the global economy ...I want to be looking at the lofty ones... hence dax close to all time highs appeals to me.... strongly!! Secondly I want to look at the bubble-type markets like china because those are where the greatest gains are going to be on the way down.... China Life (Lfc) now around $ 75 .....and the 200ma is at $66. We have already capped under the 50ma.
That's just on e but the list of us listed chinese stocks is long.... so plenty of stuff to go at...

It's just deja vu again...

Incidentally I don't post too often now cos much of this short term stuff for me is ... well ........... :confused: You don't see templeton, buffet, rothschild, rogers and co going for these intraday squiggles ........ they like to play the inevitable SuperWaves...... they WAIT and go LARGE when the turn has occured... They spot (or more likely create) a trend which we can see and then play it....

Citigroup will come back roaring as will aig, barclays, merrills and amex but the short termers will miss the mega gains this will bring......... I suspect.

Then there's Amd, Starbux, Boeing, Home Depot.... and in the Uk BT, Drax the power producer and TATE the sugar boys spring to mind not forgetting YELL........... so much opportunity and relatively certain too........... no tiddlers there.... they will all be back i reckon ;)

Sermon over..... it's just that one day when explaining one of my (few*) ailing live trades ..... it suddently hit me .... what am I thinking... ?

* I say few but there are a few more in private :cheesy:

distance 50 or so points from highs is pretty damn close ...in the circs.... my point was there was no way it should have been loitering any where near.... in my often jaundiced opinion.... it was pretty a low risk set up since 8100ish had been recent rez as you know...;)

On the when not if comment - i~'m guessing you're speaking about dax to new highs - yep the daily is still solid.... for now...

If you were speaking about decoupling well we shall wait for that one...

I'd rather thought of markets going down due to the fundamental situation :)

On the markets going down ...... clearly I agree...

On using no fundamental input in your "trading" - I understand that view ...... perhaps it depends on ones timeframe.... What did Buffet say ? ".... short term market is a voting machine but longer term it's weighing machine".

I remember the hedgies who got murdered and had to close down in early 2000 because they thought the dot com bubble would burst and prices collapse... :cheesy:

On the markets going down ...... clearly I agree...

On using no fundamental input in your "trading" - I understand that view ...... perhaps it depends on ones timeframe.... What did Buffet say ? ".... short term market is a voting machine but longer term it's weighing machine".

I remember the hedgies who got murdered and had to close down in early 2000 because they thought the dot com bubble would burst and prices collapse... :cheesy:

Right you are, I'm not rich enough to have opinions for long timeframes :)