CYCLES AND TREND What are they ?

leovirgo said:
You can color code MACCI on RS. For example, to catch a descending MACCI, the codings can be done as :

If MACCI<MACCI[1] and MACCI < MACCI[2] then Plot1 ( MACCI, red );

In this instance, MACCI numbers will be red colors if MACCI is lower than two previous bars.

The same can be done for ascending MACCI and other timeframes. Hope this helps..

regards,

Thanks LEOVIRGO- I'll give it a try.

Raj

rajibde said:
Thanks LEOVIRGO- I'll give it a try.

Raj

Hi LEOVIRGO,

If I try your equation in the easylanguage with just 'CCI' then it passes the verification test but no matter what I try to do to get the same thing for the 'CCI avg ' in the MACCI code (received from Iraj)- it does not pass the verification test- any suggestions from any one please?

Raj

Could you post a code fragment. Also, what's the reason given for the verification failure?

lwebb said:
Could you post a code fragment. Also, what's the reason given for the verification failure?

Thanks for your reply- I am posting the portion which I have typed after Iraj's formula omiting the formula written by Iraj on the screen prints(for obvious reasons)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 37
Raj,

CCI is a function that is recognized by Easylanguage where as CCIAvg is not in this case. What exactly are you trying to do ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Raj,

CCI is a function that is recognized by Easylanguage where as CCIAvg is not in this case. What exactly are you trying to do ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

For the higher timeframes, I would like the CCIavg values (as seen on the 'Iraj-MACCI-receive') to change the background colours to red or green as the case may be to indicate if the higher TFs (for INDU) are trending dn or up. This is with a view to find out at any instant if the market in general is moving up or down.

Cheers!

Raj

Taking the code fragment:

if value1(0) > value(1) and value1(1) > value1(2) then

If the previous values of value1 are required then square brackets should be used instead of round brackets - [ ] instead of ( ). So:

if value[0] > value[1] and value[1] > value[2] then

should work.

lwebb said:
Taking the code fragment:

if value1(0) > value(1) and value1(1) > value1(2) then

If the previous values of value1 are required then square brackets should be used instead of round brackets - [ ] instead of ( ). So:

if value[0] > value[1] and value[1] > value[2] then

should work.

Thanks Iwebb for your reply-tried it as you have suggested but the vrificatin did not like it.

edit- there was a mistake in the writing- it does accept it now and passes the verification test-Thanks a lot my friend.

Raj

Last edited:
leovirgo said:
Sorry Raj, I saw your (new) post this morning. Is it working now?

regards,

I have tried adding the following code after Iraj'sMacci-Receive code (for all the three values) and it passes the verification test-once the market opens tomorrow, I'll know if it actually indicates correctly or not.

if value1[0] > value1[1] and value1[1] > value1[2] then

setplotbgcolor (1, Green);

if value1[0] < value1[1] and value1 [1] < value1[2] then

setplotbgcolor (1, Red);

Rajibde

I think you need to consider the timeframe of the radarscreen line in which you have placed the MACCI Receive. I think the square brackets code will compare the values of each macci now to the value at the last bar end and the one before based on the timeframe of the displaying RS not the sending RS and its timeframe, if that makes sense. That is not necessarily a problem, but if you don't get the results you expect then perhaps have a look into that area.

Edit: If you want to base it on the bars within the calculating timeframe then you could make the comparison in the sending routine and set additional global variables with flag values to indicate up or down. Then pick these up in the receive routine and use them to set the colours. There might be benefit in using the receiving timeframe though as you can tune the speed of detecting a turn independently of the calculation timeframe (eg use values of the 15 min macci as at now, 5 and 10 minutes ago to trigger an "alert".

Regards,

Gareth

Last edited:
garethb said:
Rajibde

I think you need to consider the timeframe of the radarscreen line in which you have placed the MACCI Receive. I think the square brackets code will compare the values of each macci now to the value at the last bar end and the one before based on the timeframe of the displaying RS not the sending RS and its timeframe, if that makes sense. That is not necessarily a problem, but if you don't get the results you expect then perhaps have a look into that area.

Edit: If you want to base it on the bars within the calculating timeframe then you could make the comparison in the sending routine and set additional global variables with flag values to indicate up or down. Then pick these up in the receive routine and use them to set the colours. There might be benefit in using the receiving timeframe though as you can tune the speed of detecting a turn independently of the calculation timeframe (eg use values of the 15 min macci as at now, 5 and 10 minutes ago to trigger an "alert".

Regards,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I had to disable my attempt as the receive started to give all kinds of spurious colours-even in the alert box.
I am trying to figure out a way to make the code as per your suggestion (might take quite some time :eek: ).

Cheers!

Raj

Hi RD,

These are my codes and they work for me. You just need to define UpColor, DownColor as inputs. Here, it also shows magenta color when MACCI is either OB or OS.

The codes are embedded in CCI receiver. It can be used in any RadarScreen with any TF as long as you have the matching Symbols. You can send MACCI from 1min, 3min, 5min and you can still receive them from daily RS or 60mins RS, no problem. I will post my RS screen shot when market goes live.

cheers,..

If LastBarOnChart then

CCIAvg1 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender1", ErrorCode );
CCIAvg2 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender2", ErrorCode );
CCIAvg3 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender3", ErrorCode );

CCIAvg4 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender4", ErrorCode );

If CCIAvg1 <>ErrorCode then
If CCIAvg1 > 100 or CCIAvg1 < -100 then
Plot2(CCIAvg1, "CCIAvg1", Magenta ) ;
If CCIAvg1 > -100 and CCIAvg1 < 100 then Begin
IF CCIAvg1 > CCIAvg1[2] then Plot2(CCIAvg1,"CCIAvg1",UpColor );
If CCIAvg1 < CCIAvg1[2] then Plot2( CCIAvg1, "CCIAvg1", DownColor ) ;
End;

leovirgo said:
Hi RD,

These are my codes and they work for me. You just need to define UpColor, DownColor as inputs. Here, it also shows magenta color when MACCI is either OB or OS.

The codes are embedded in CCI receiver. It can be used in any RadarScreen with any TF as long as you have the matching Symbols. You can send MACCI from 1min, 3min, 5min and you can still receive them from daily RS or 60mins RS, no problem. I will post my RS screen shot when market goes live.

cheers,..

If LastBarOnChart then

CCIAvg1 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender1", ErrorCode );
CCIAvg2 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender2", ErrorCode );
CCIAvg3 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender3", ErrorCode );

CCIAvg4 = GVGetNamedFloat( GetSymbolName + "CCISender4", ErrorCode );

If CCIAvg1 <>ErrorCode then
If CCIAvg1 > 100 or CCIAvg1 < -100 then
Plot2(CCIAvg1, "CCIAvg1", Magenta ) ;
If CCIAvg1 > -100 and CCIAvg1 < 100 then Begin
IF CCIAvg1 > CCIAvg1[2] then Plot2(CCIAvg1,"CCIAvg1",UpColor );
If CCIAvg1 < CCIAvg1[2] then Plot2( CCIAvg1, "CCIAvg1", DownColor ) ;
End;

Thanks a lot leovirgo for such a kind help-this saves me from days of work (& frustration).

Cheers!

Raj

no problem. this is the screen shot of RS. It's just a sample. You'll see green numbers ( rising ), red ( falling ) , magenta ( OS ) and cyan( OB ). have a nice weekend!

Attachments

• rs_sample.jpg
    rs_sample.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 77
Hi Everyone,

I am curious to know how many (and what) time frames people are using for multi time frame analysis on intra-day trading. I know some were using 1,3,5 10 and 60 min but I would be interested to hear what others are using and how they have found it.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am curious to know how many (and what) time frames people are using for multi time frame analysis on intra-day trading. I know some were using 1,3,5 10 and 60 min but I would be interested to hear what others are using and how they have found it.
Paul
Hi Paul,

I’ve been using the following MTF’s:
1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 & 60-Min for both the Market and one Stock Symbol Linked to each MTF chart, and use two sets of MTF charts (I’m able to do this since I have 6-Monitors).

Obviously, the longer TF’s (30 & 60-Min) has helped me ID the trend or direction of the Market. The ID of the MACCI (CCI-6,5ma) O/S conditions near the end of day on Friday were accurate, and showed the turn from the 60-Min starting at 13:00 (ET-NY), while the 30-Min showed it at 14:00, and the 15-Min was O/S at 12:30, all turns starting from below – 100, indicated that the Dow continued to be O/S. I do continuously check the 30 & 60-Min TF’s during the day for these purposes.

With the DOW being – 102.3 (Net Change) @ 14:00, and – 94.29 @ 15:54, indicated that the Market was O/S as well, and was in a Down Trend, as if we didn’t know the trend from the blood on the streets during the last three days. Thanks to Grey1’s statement that when the Dow is > + / - 50.0 (Net) the market is trending, thus no oscillations, which did help bring confidence about the continual O/S conditions, previously on other occasions. What I’m trying to say here is that after the listed times the O/S MACCI’s did make turns as to indicate that Longs were appropriate, but not in a Trending Down market.

By the way, thanks for the question, since it’s been quite for some time. It’ll be interesting on what others are using.

NasTrader

Trader333 said:
Hi Everyone,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I use 1,3,5,10,15,30,40,50,60- the last four helps me with the market direction.

Raj

Trader333 said:
Raj,

Are you sure you have enough :)

Paul

If you had asked about earnings, the answer would be simple.. :D ....
I would love to know how many the 'master market blaster' uses :D