Cycle recognition software

Cigar

Does anyone know of software to recognise trading cycles etc for use in the UK with a Prestel or Investorease data feed.

I know of the US site of Walter Bressert and his software but I don't know if its applicable in the UK.

rgds

Not sure what you mean by 'trading cycles'. Could you elaborate a little? What's the URL of the US site you refer to? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cigar:
Does anyone know of software to recognise trading cycles etc for use in the UK with a Prestel or Investorease data feed.

I know of the US site of Walter Bressert and his software but I don't know if its applicable in the UK.

rgds
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most shares move in a cycles, from minutes to years. If you are a day trader, you might be interested in 20 minute cycles, or longer term trading, perhaps weekly cycles. Typically most shares have lows (in price) about every 20 days (short term trading), give or take a little. Obviously, if you can locate these bottoms, they are good buying points.
Also, these 'trading cycles' (the trading cycle is the cycle you are interested in, ie weeks or minutes) are part of a bigger cycle. (called the primary cycle). If the primary cycle is trending upwards, it infers the smaller trading cycle is also going to trade upwards. Therefore, a safer buy.

Have a look at www.walterbressert.com and www.murphymorris.com/trend_of_trend.html

I'm only a learner but it looks interesting and obvious.

rgds

Thank's Cigar. Having looked a little at general economic 'cycles' it is difficult to assess when a top or a bottom will occur. Economic 'cycles' can vary in duration/frequency i.e. they are not regular. Also, maybe we are currently on a downtrend around which prices move, so it is still possible to make money. I've drawn a picture showing this. I'll check-out the site URL you provide. Anything that may help us make wise investment or trading decisions is worth evaluating.

http://hill_farmer.tripod.com/cycle.gif[/img

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cigar:
[b]Most shares move in a cycles, from minutes to years. If you are a day trader, you might be interested in 20 minute cycles, or longer term trading, perhaps weekly cycles. Typically most shares have lows (in price) about every 20 days (short term trading), give or take a little. Obviously, if you can locate these bottoms, they are good buying points.
Also, these 'trading cycles' (the trading cycle is the cycle you are interested in, ie weeks or minutes) are part of a bigger cycle. (called the primary cycle). If the primary cycle is trending upwards, it infers the smaller trading cycle is also going to trade upwards. Therefore, a safer buy.

Have a look at [url="http://www.walterbressert.com"]www.walterbressert.com[/url] and [url="http://www.murphymorris.com/trend_of_trend.html"]www.murphymorris.com/trend_of_trend.html[/url]

I'm only a learner but it looks interesting and obvious.

rgds[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, another go at a more decent size picture.

cycle4.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hill Farmer:
Sorry it's so large. Can anyone tell me how to control the image size in the

Nice drawing Hill.. you never told us you had artistic ability!

lol..

pigsy.

Thank's pigsy. I've been reduced to doodling.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pigsy:
Nice drawing Hill.. you never told us you had artistic ability!

lol..

pigsy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>