Currensee

You'd think in the circumstances they'd remove all mention of him. Are they actually aware of the recent scandals involving him?

They may not be. They don't do any business with him that I'm aware of - meaning something where money changes hands - and they aren't recommending anyone do business with him, so they may not be paying much attention.

They may not be. They don't do any business with him that I'm aware of - meaning something where money changes hands - and they aren't recommending anyone do business with him, so they may not be paying much attention.

totally disagree

Association with other vendors is done for the purpose of sharing the client base.

when a vendor website mentions another vendor; that is association. It does not mean they exchange $$; but rather exchange *clients* which may translates into $$.

usually this is done in collaboration between the vendors. also known in the web as Link Exchange; and in the venture capital as "digital capital".

it's easy to understand; put yourself in the punter's shoes; and you happen to visit Currensee blog; an see Mr BagPoopy there. Your first impression is BagPoopy is a cool guy and is recognized by Currensee; hence deserves a visit; and perhaps a purchase of his services.

Let's write an article here in t2w about how good a trader Madoff is; and how many people have benefit from his investment know how.

we will not exchange money with him of course; and will not pay any attention to him. Just write the damn blog article; and forget about it.

BagPoopy has a great ability to get others to pay him $$$ just for association. 50K a head from the turtles; and staff getting slapped at anytime by BagPoopy for no reason; are all good examples. I am not surprised Currensee is following suit.

Absolute nonsense and you know it,

No, I don't. To the best of my knowledge no money trades hands between. Does traffic? Maybe. Couldn't say. I doubt there's much viewership of the MB stuff these days.

Let's write an article here in t2w about how good a trader Madoff is; and how many people have benefit from his investment know how.

Give me a break. It's not the same thing and you know it. If you want to claim guilt by association then fine. You're claiming outright endorsement, though, which clearly isn't the case.

To the best of my knowledge no money trades hands between.

Thats irrelevant. Both parties believe that the relationship is to their mutual advantage.

Currensee is aware that MB is engaged in a marketing campaign, they know he pays for advertising on a number of sites. They know that he advertised on TV. They know he has appeared on TV, they know he's recreating the turtles experiment, they know he's actively promoting his products and services via social media, and they know he has a marketing list. You'd have to live under a rock not to be aware of that.

They know that they can rely on MB to publisise any event joint undertaken in association with currensee. A joint event with MB is guarenteed to attract participants, and currensee has the opportunity to market itself to those people. They dont provide a platform to MB out of chartity, they do it because it makes commercial sense for them to do so.

MB agrees to the joint event because it lends him credability by association. Curresee fully understands why MB participates, and they know that they are lending him credability by association, and they obviously consider that a price worth paying. Currensee are not so commercially nieve to believe that MB is assisting them to promote their business because he's a nice guy.

The crux however is that lending credability to an individual or business entity with MB's track record is simply immoral. Currensee are well aware of the facts, but they are happy to sacrifice the interests of their members for their own short term commercial gain.

I critisise businesses like t2w for constantly promoting charlatans, but at least they have the excuse of not having access to their partners trading accounts. Currensee has detailed performance data of numerous traders, and the very least they could do is restrict events only to those traders who participate in their program. If MB wishes to take part, he should be required to register, and required to publically expose his performance data.

The individuals shilling for currensee are constantly bleating about transparancy, but are quite happy to support a 3rd party who has made the most outrageous of claims without a shred of evidence to back up those claims.

As an author you should be well aware that any publicity is generaly good publicity

are you talking about the NFA accussation in anti-money laundering in the beg. of the year?
it was settled down for a fee:|

Marcie,

unfortunately i still dont beleive the equity curve represent a floating DD. the only way to find out is to see the full list of trades.

If you can send me the list for the above TL that will be great.

Think about it; the trade list that is currently available in Currensee is provided for a reason; for clients to assess that TL. anyone who download that excel and draw the curve; will notice the difference. help me here. the above TL is one example that I want to understand why I see a different curve; and different floating DD.

hi alphadude, the curve does including the open positions and showing the floating DD.

You can't calculate the real curve by using the pips data without the position sizes.

let's see the different in JOJAR.C in the TL board.

this is the curve in currensee (file: cu), and this is the curve with close data only (file: closedata), see the difference?

and the max DD data, in currensee, it is 31%, and in the close data only curve, the max DD is just 8% around.

So the curve in currensee is including the opening positions and the floating DD is calculated into the curve.

Attachments

• cu.png
    cu.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 252
  • closedata.png
    closedata.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
joiny45; are you the one running JOJAR.C ?

how did you get the position sizes?

Good work and glad you are contributing to the discussion.

I didnt follow your account but did follow smart trader. his account i beleive has stopped now. he was martingaling. equity curve had sudden drops of 10% or more due to position closure

if the equity curve is floating DD you will not see the cliffs

Good work and glad you are contributing to the discussion.

I didnt follow your account but did follow smart trader. his account i beleive has stopped now. he was martingaling. equity curve had sudden drops of 10% or more due to position closure

if the equity curve is floating DD you will not see the cliffs

I understand your question. That depends on the calculation rules of how to define the "floating" DD. There are two main rules: 1 is REALTIME floating DD; 2 is OVERNIGHT floating DD.

Realtime calculation will need much heavy work in the servers, especially there are so many accounts need to be done and it will be a nightmare for any third-party companies, not only currensee.

So I think they use method 2. And many hedge funds and banks also use this method.

For example, the site sets up an calculation point at 00:00 everyday, any holding positions will be counted into the data at this time point. If there are some loss or gain between 2 time points, the realtime data may "missing" and not record into the curve.

if a position loss -1% at 8pm, but gain 0.5% at 00:00, the curve will record the position as 0.5%.

if a position gain 1% at 8pm, but loss 0.5% at 00:00, the data will be -0.5%.

You were watching the position in realtime when you followed a TL, but currensee only use overnight data, that's how your question come out.

this just like you sit in a running car and keep watching the speed data in the car, the data will be different from time to time. But currensee only stand outside the car and record only one speed data when the car rush through several check points and the final line. The check point is the floating data, and the final line is the close data.

Is anyone still using currensee as an investor and seeing increase in their accounts?

It looks like that most are slumping and are not making any headway? There are probably only 3-4 good funds and the rest are not even worth looking.

I had uploaded my fund managers account that I hired to trade for me to compare with the leaderboard many months ago and it seems my fund manager MISUC.A is on par with the leaderboard. He does not wish to list himself on leaderboard. It was just a bit of fun by me. However my fund manager does not add more positions onto losing positions and does not have 300-600 pip stoploss with small take profit targets. Most of the currensee traders do this. I do not understand. It is very risky and you can lose all your account.

My trader just places 2.7% - 3% risk on all positions for each pair. It seems to work. Compounded net returns per annum are around 60%-80% on average and DD can be 15%-20% at worst.

The posts on here have stopped? Maybe people have been beaten up?

Attachments

• jojarc.jpg
    jojarc.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 223
  • currenssee compare.jpg
    currenssee compare.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 229
Well i think it has to do with the commissions to use the platform, it is not achievable for everybody.
btw, anybody as a follower making any returns out of it?

It's been a while since anybody has posted any updates on Currensee,

Has anyone subscribed to currsensee and can shed some light on their performance?

I read this whole thread with a lot of interest.

As many others I am interested in Currensee and did some research. I came across this.

"Ok I will spill the beans here. I’ve been with Currensee as an Investor now since Dec 12th. And to say the least the performance has been subpar and what they are doing is either misrepresentation of their profits or they have some MAJOR bugs to work out in the system.
This has bee based solely on my experience, for 6 weeks some of you may make the jump and have a great experience. But as always people change when it comes to money, even though I try to separate emotionally from it.
But to keep the story short and simple, I put $30,000 in as my original deposit. I actually didn’t deposit the money in until Dec 27th, 2010 and had my money allocated to my selected trade leaders on Dec 29th. In the last 2 days of Dec 2010 I got a nice 2% from Winsor Hoang (the trade leader)
Over the first 2 weeks of Jan I made a healthy 16% on my money and was convinced that this was legit. then on January 18th it seems my account hit a wall. Losing on an average $350 per day, sometimes as much as $1,000. Bringing me down to a modest $2500, left in profit in my account. As I browsed the website 1 day I just stumbled upon one of my current trade leaders profile sites. And he still had a posted 29% return for Jan 2011. I was shocked as he was the culprit behind my major loses for the previous few days. I made a call to Jeff Garcia my only contact at the company, and he had no explanation and said he would look into the discrepancy.
Over the next 2 days my account took a combined $1700 dollar loss and “LW tradings” profile, who I had the discrepancy with, his posted return rose to 35.7% for Jan. So as of now my account has made a combined profit of $344.40 with “LW Trading” having lost me $1718.50 between his two $10,000 allocations. Yet his posted return as of now for Jan is still reflecting 37.8%.
So either they are either falsely presenting their numbers to the public, of they have some SERIOUS bugs to work out in their system. I have filed a complaint with the NFA against Currensee. My recommendation based on my experience in this last month, is to not invest your money now. At the least wait a few months and let the NFA look into my complaint matter and give them time to work the bugs out as you may not be as lucky as me, and could end up losing thousands of dollars if not more.
I have uploaded several screenshots of my Currensee login info to Photobucket for viewing to back up my story.
Also over the course of the last month I did not interfere with my account AT ALL, I did not even trade it myself. The reflected profits and losses are solely the trading of the Currensee trade leaders.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/Bridger_Cottle/library/?sort=3&page=1"

What is your take on it?

I read this whole thread with a lot of interest.

As many others I am interested in Currensee and did some research. I came across this.

"Ok I will spill the beans here. I’ve been with Currensee as an Investor now since Dec 12th. And to say the least the performance has been subpar and what they are doing is either misrepresentation of their profits or they have some MAJOR bugs to work out in the system.
This has bee based solely on my experience, for 6 weeks some of you may make the jump and have a great experience. But as always people change when it comes to money, even though I try to separate emotionally from it.
But to keep the story short and simple, I put $30,000 in as my original deposit. I actually didn’t deposit the money in until Dec 27th, 2010 and had my money allocated to my selected trade leaders on Dec 29th. In the last 2 days of Dec 2010 I got a nice 2% from Winsor Hoang (the trade leader)
Over the first 2 weeks of Jan I made a healthy 16% on my money and was convinced that this was legit. then on January 18th it seems my account hit a wall. Losing on an average $350 per day, sometimes as much as $1,000. Bringing me down to a modest $2500, left in profit in my account. As I browsed the website 1 day I just stumbled upon one of my current trade leaders profile sites. And he still had a posted 29% return for Jan 2011. I was shocked as he was the culprit behind my major loses for the previous few days. I made a call to Jeff Garcia my only contact at the company, and he had no explanation and said he would look into the discrepancy.
Over the next 2 days my account took a combined $1700 dollar loss and “LW tradings” profile, who I had the discrepancy with, his posted return rose to 35.7% for Jan. So as of now my account has made a combined profit of $344.40 with “LW Trading” having lost me $1718.50 between his two $10,000 allocations. Yet his posted return as of now for Jan is still reflecting 37.8%.
So either they are either falsely presenting their numbers to the public, of they have some SERIOUS bugs to work out in their system. I have filed a complaint with the NFA against Currensee. My recommendation based on my experience in this last month, is to not invest your money now. At the least wait a few months and let the NFA look into my complaint matter and give them time to work the bugs out as you may not be as lucky as me, and could end up losing thousands of dollars if not more.
I have uploaded several screenshots of my Currensee login info to Photobucket for viewing to back up my story.
Also over the course of the last month I did not interfere with my account AT ALL, I did not even trade it myself. The reflected profits and losses are solely the trading of the Currensee trade leaders.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/Bridger_Cottle/library/?sort=3&page=1"

What is your take on it?

There's only one explanation, they are lying about their profits. I mean if they told the truth would anybody give them their money? I recall Mike Baghdady was involved with this crowd. That says it all.