Currensee

BTW - Rhody Trader, do you mind me asking what your involvement is here. I'm getting the impression you may be connected to currensee is some way, TL or something? Just curious thats all :)

No secret. I've been an adviser to Currensee since the earliest days of conceptualizing the social network. I write a weekly blog post for them and get involved with some other activities from time to time. I am not a Trade Leader. I hold no employed position with the firm, nor do I have any kind of ownership stake.

No secret. I've been an adviser to Currensee since the earliest days of conceptualizing the social network. I write a weekly blog post for them and get involved with some other activities from time to time. I am not a Trade Leader. I hold no employed position with the firm, nor do I have any kind of ownership stake.

Cheers, just interested.
Does ring a bell now.
Thanks for clarifying :)

Marcie, Rhody et al; we are still waiting for answers.

sad to see vendors going on the quite when their answers are needed most. (n)

They're still promoting Mike Baghdady too.

That's not promotion. That's content including/featuring him. Two different things to my mind. You may not want to do business with someone but that doesn't mean they don't have anything useful to say.

alphadude - I don't see that tar responded to Marcie's last comment, unless he did so via PM, so what exactly are you looking for?

That's not promotion. That's content including/featuring him. Two different things to my mind. You may not want to do business with someone but that doesn't mean they don't have anything useful to say.

Of course its promotion. The management of curensee agreed to that arrangement as they believe (incorrectly) thats its to everyone's mutual benefit.

Curensee need's mug punters, and Mike Baghdadys promotional style attracts mug punters. Cureencee are aware of MB's background, they are aware of multiple bankrupcies due to trading losses, but they are quite happy to promote this individual in their (and your) commercial interests.

I dont know one single trader who wouldnt feel thoroughly ashamed to be associated with this nonsense.

alphadude - I don't see that tar responded to Marcie's last comment, unless he did so via PM, so what exactly are you looking for?

So would they accept content from me featuring him?

we are waiting for Marcie to clarify why the equity curve shown on the Trade Leaders do not include floating drawdowns.

I picked a TL; and uploaded the equity curve shown on Currensee vs the one I draw using Excel; they are completely different.

Marcie promised to come back after few days with a response. still waiting.

we are waiting for Marcie to clarify why the equity curve shown on the Trade Leaders do not include floating drawdowns.

I picked a TL; and uploaded the equity curve shown on Currensee vs the one I draw using Excel; they are completely different.

Marcie promised to come back after few days with a response. still waiting.

I could make a wild guess why but I wont. Can you post the two examples?

Curensee need's mug punters...

Actually, from what I have seen Currensee is focusing its majors efforts on much larger game - asset managers who can allocated seven figure sums. They obviously aren't turning away retail, but that's not where the big money is.

If the management of Currensee believe that it's to everyone's mutual benefit. ;)

The management clearly believe that promoting MB is to curensee's benefit or they wouldnt do it.
You believe that its to your mutual benefit or you wouldnt constantly defend the undefensible
Mike Baghdady feels that its to his mutual benefit or he wouldnt spend time involving himself in such shinannigins

So far so good.

However there are another much larger group of people who are involved, and thats the punters. I would argue that what you are doing is certainly NOT in their benefit. Its immoral, its unethical, and its detertimental to their development.

As long as you, currensee and mb all make a few quid, thats ok.

Actually, from what I have seen Currensee is focusing its majors efforts on much larger game - asset managers who can allocated seven figure sums. They obviously aren't turning away retail, but that's not where the big money is.

well they are digging a whole for themselves then.

it is actually a good thing for Currensee to target asset managers; it works in retail investors' favour. Because the insto guys will be laurhing at Currensee statistics.

Can't run away from the truth; why is it so difficult to draw an equity curve with realistic drawdown? you think insto guys are dumber than retail punters?

Last edited: