Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
morning woke up early got some of the move but closed at the market open which I know was half way but closed anyway! I am learning though to hold longer. Which was my weakest point.

Morning all, same here OT. Should be an interesting day. I'll be short 660, long 759 using VEBO. Head says NOOO on the short....but hey, "computer says yeaz".

morning all
yes dc made a few bob on the dow last night
I have to go out this morning for an hour or so
bet by the time i get back it will all be over

Jesus! This morning has been a definite "you snooze you loose" moment. I snoozed, I missed a 100 pip move. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Nice just turned PC on and 99 pips in the bag and even though its hit my lower target and is screaming buy Im staying out until next week catch ya all latta

dc2000 said:
Nice just turned PC on and 99 pips in the bag and even though its hit my lower target and is screaming buy Im staying out until next week catch ya all latta

nice one dc. It is indeed screaming buy.

I forgot to add. I am not falling for it yet. :cheesy:

ChowClown said:
Morning all, same here OT. Should be an interesting day. I'll be short 660, long 759 using VEBO. Head says NOOO on the short....but hey, "computer says yeaz".

Surely the stop loss screams bye bye all your pips this month.

ChowClown said:
...eek, these are entry levels.

From the bot I have running your Vebo scheme I make the stop loss 1.8742 or 82 pips away. Considering that the lowest MA I use is currently at 1.8750 I've told that bot to take the day off.

ah, i see what you mean, yes huge stops today. I risk no more than 2.5% per trade and Sept stands at +424 pips, as of yesterday. I trade manually and use discretion sometimes.

I'd be interested in your bot results this month?

The returns aren't that great because I'm more concerned about bedding them down at the moment more then anything else. It will probably be November 1st before I can set it running happily.

This week I lost a day when the system lost its data feed. Last week a similar issue occured and I'm focusing on fixing that more than anything else.

Back testing it does look like changing the stop loss to a trailing method based upon moving averages does improve the returns somewhat but finetuning the logic is proving to be hard work.

eek said:
The returns aren't that great because I'm more concerned about bedding them down at the moment more then anything else. It will probably be November 1st before I can set it running happily.

This week I lost a day when the system lost its data feed. Last week a similar issue occured and I'm focusing on fixing that more than anything else.

Back testing it does look like changing the stop loss to a trailing method based upon moving averages does improve the returns somewhat but finetuning the logic is proving to be hard work.
...ok, hope you will keep us posted with your findings. All the best with it.

...would be useful if this is a 3rd wave down forming here, towards S2 607....low could be in for the day already of course at S1...just thinking out loud, apologies.

sideways today? since the asian move covered around 90-100 pips of the daily average of 120-130 pips.

EDIT: if hans-123 gets triggered, likely to get whipped ?

Probably Trendie, but you never know.

Good weekend all, off now to get my son's plaster removed from his leg - 3 yrs old, spiral fracture of right femur; fell off a swing!

All pending orders cancelled.

zuke said:
637 by my calculations, but whats 32 pips between friends[/QUOTE
]

Well wadda ya know...I called it to within 4 pips! DC taught me well!!

zuke said:
Well wadda ya know called it to within 4 pips! DC taught me well!

incredible call, zuke - thats serious beer money :D
( You must be in league with the devil himself! :eek: )