Cryptocurrencies: Newbies Learning Zone

Hi and thanks for responding. I appreciate your response but have made up my mind as I have been monitoring for the last 6 months before venturing into this and have a specific sum to invest. So question still stands. And no I'm not one of those 'oily geeks' :) Just putting an affordable amount into cryptos which I will hold onto long term.

I have looked at so many brokers etc that expect me to either trade USD against the crypto or they convert my cash into Bitcoin and then purchase. I simply want to buy the crypto using GBP and holding securely in a wallet.

Thanks

Coinbase is probably the best known, and easiest way to get into Crypto.

Hi and thanks for responding. I appreciate your response but have made up my mind as I have been monitoring for the last 6 months before venturing into this and have a specific sum to invest. So question still stands. And no I'm not one of those 'oily geeks' :) Just putting an affordable amount into cryptos which I will hold onto long term.

I have looked at so many brokers etc that expect me to either trade USD against the crypto or they convert my cash into Bitcoin and then purchase. I simply want to buy the crypto using GBP and holding securely in a wallet.

Thanks

its good to know you are not oily (y)

im not 100% sure but i think the problem you are having is that the banks connected to the crypto companies you wish to deal with are not based in the UK so you'l usually have that extra conversion to deal with if you are a GBP guy

Last edited:
The great way to learn about yptos is to use crypto trading simulators. At the beginning I use them too, only after a while of training I could enter the real trading markets.

It probably makes perfect sense for most T2W members of average intelligence or better. But for ultra dense thickos like me, it's pretty meaningless. I suspect it was written by a techie geek who surrounds him/herself with other techie geeks and is so used to that world and language that they forget there are (a few) people outside of it who find it alienating and impenetrable. All of which is my problem - not anyone else's!
Tim.
I'm new here and I'm coming FROM crypto to investing/trading. Perhaps we can help each other out as if you describe yourself as a 'thicko' as regards crypto, I can tell you that currently, I'm very much the thicko when it comes to investing/trading in the conventional sense!

What question do you have on crypto specifically...if you can narrow your question down a bit, I will take a stab at it.

(Disclaimer: I have a general interest in crypto and a general knowledge...but that knowledge only scratches the surface. That said, it seems that there is a deficit of knowledge re. crypto on this board so i may still be able to bring a certain degree of understanding on board).

Guys, great topic. It's wonderful that people may be not afraid to ask questions here. Because it’s a great way to learn new things. As experienced trader I can say that this thread is useful even for me and it’s a good sign.