Crude Crude Crude

well it's up to 137.80 lets see if it powers through. Resis at the 138.60 - 80 range i think. Or have I just missed some inportant news!

Aloha mate my journal is found at http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ly-trading-journal-whooooo-61.html#post459617

Its very long now cos has a few 100 posts a day now all trying to say im doing it all wrong and am going to fail soon.. :LOL::LOL:

But if you sift through all the verbal garbage and juts look at my actual pre-market forecasts and my profit/loss each day you will be extremely interested i think.., especially if you trade oil. ;):cool:

Since when everyone else and all the top experts were saying 150 oil 150 oil last week when oil was at 145/6, i was the 1 guy who was shouting then 136/7 early next week!! :LOL::LOL:

And i was right about that, and so everyone else was wrong...,
Just liek on tthe 6 t 8 other forecasts i have made pre-market on oil, that were all correct eachtime!! :cheesy::devilish::cheesy:

seems it was due to the announcement of ending the nigeria cease fire within a week as well as missle tests.

Made a quick £20 from it, short again with stoploss at 143.88, so quite tight for me... lol

Very concerned about holding it overnight though.

Anyone else shorting yet??

Or thinking its going to find support here and rise further on the middleast tensions??

As I said last week...$150 written all over it.

Those new to trading crude should ask themselves why all of those with experience have exited posting on this forum for now.

This level of volatility is not for newbies. Ask yourself whether you can articulate why you will enter the trade before entering.

The reason stated previously on this forum, that it must fall because it can't keep hitting new highs is not great. It would seem the geo-polictical/supply disruption led bulls have it over the demand destruction bears for now.

If you do feel the need to guess the market, looking for a profit run, my only advice would be very mindful of your stop level.

One of my reasons for trading it is the volatility!! Got taught a big lesson when oil tanked on news. I think that in the short term oil will come up to just under the 150 mark, then decline as demand drops off, before taking off again.

A bit of a crap analysis, but you have to start somewhere. I only tend to try and follow the trend looking for sup/ resis areas with tight stops.

If someone knows where i can read up some info it would be much appreciated.

People are still asking why oil is going up??!

On the supply side we have reports of... (doesnt have to happen to affect the price of course)
Iran is still holding to its nuclear development programme, and testing missiles 2 days in a row
Nigeria ceasefire due to stop on Sunday, with threats of attacks against oilfields
Brazil oil workers are due to strike on Monday for 5 days, affecting 80% of the nations output
Israel have begun flying jet missions over Iraq, possibly in preparation of pre-emptive strike.

and thats just the supply side....

Last edited: